All you need to know about how to feed in Coco

Thanks :) Coco really is a doddle like. Just quarter strength nutes and feed every day and not much can go wrong at all.
Been trying pretty hard to get my head round soil but the stuff just doesn't make sense to me. I like my simple methods :)
Yeah me too! Let's stick together. The prices have soared for coco coir, better get now before is gets higher!
I have never tried doing a grow journal before mostly because I dont use a ppm meter. I will use more than 60$ worth this run because this time I decided to try feeding them 2x a day when they started flower. I am hitting them once at lights on & again 6 hrs in. When feeding I wait to see runoff on all the plants before switching the pump off. Doing it this way I am currently using 17L daily with nutes mixed @ 50% strength on the grow. This is the one I was talking about, I had it out the other night so I could work on the little 5 footers in the back of the tent. It's in a 5 gal fabric pot & vegged less then 5 weeks. The shop vac canister raises it about an inch off the ground but the wheels make it worth it. :bongrip:

Wow! Is that 5 weeks!?

Wow! Is that 5 weeks!?
No, it was vegged 5 weeks + flowered 2 weeks when that pic was taken. I have to tie it back on an angle to keep it off the ceiling in the tent. I didnt really want it to grow like that, I topped it & super cropped every branch but it just kept growing much faster than the others. I always try for an even canopy, having one like that in the tent makes lighting a challenge.

Sherlokohmz what lights are you running and is that plant a haze or og strain as they stretch like mad? I remember growing some super lemon haze by ghs from seed in a loft with low height issues what a fucking nightmare that was plus it was my first grow lol.
Maybe you could put a net up in part of the tent and bend her down under it to take the height out of her as you are only two weeks into flower and this will be less stress on the plant than super cropping or topping, just a thought as that’s how I got over my issue in the loft and got a descent yield.

I have never tried doing a grow journal before mostly because I dont use a ppm meter. I will use more than 60$ worth this run because this time I decided to try feeding them 2x a day when they started flower. I am hitting them once at lights on & again 6 hrs in. When feeding I wait to see runoff on all the plants before switching the pump off. Doing it this way I am currently using 17L daily with nutes mixed @ 50% strength on the grow. This is the one I was talking about, I had it out the other night so I could work on the little 5 footers in the back of the tent. It's in a 5 gal fabric pot & vegged less then 5 weeks. The shop vac canister raises it about an inch off the ground but the wheels make it worth it. :bongrip:

Yeah she's a bit of a leggy beast isn't she lol. I don't let them get over 2ft before bloom. Just tie em down or supercrop to keep them growing horizontally. The thought of something that height in my grow space is terrifying lol.

Fuck me barney you must be a northerner tight as fook lol but I like the way you roll with the run off being drawn back up I multi feed to run off and dump it if my run off is lower EC that my feed I just up it a bit till it’s the same or slightly bit higher but no more than 0.2 higher, and never have got to more than 1.6 EC in feeds and don’t get lock out or salt build up. They only need what they need and no more imo, but I can see why you running very weak feeds if this is how your feeding but hey ho no waste and even less nutrients sounds like your on to a winner. Keep up the good work it’s great when people share different methods and I like the idea of no flush but reducing nutrients till you chop I will definitely give this a go as it makes perfect sense to me to.
Scottish mate I'm even further north so yeah, tight as fook lol. My bigger plants can go to over 2.5 in the reservoir but generally I don't go over 1.2 in coco. someone explained the ppm dropping in the reservoir thing to me about 3 weeks into my first grow so I learned to feed by watching for deficits from the get go. other than those first 3 weeks ive never had a single issue with anything so I try to share the knowledge whenever I can. It's the easiest way I know of to make sure nothing can go wrong :)

Too much of something can block out something else. You add it in thinking it's missing and suddenly there's uncontrollable pH issues and all sorts of wierd shit going on and a dozen different growers all telling you different things because none of them have realised it was all caused by too much of something else causing the original deficit.
Just wait till they're hungry saves any dramas lol.

I like what you said there about measuring the run off too @Bud basher.
That's kinda what I do with a reservoir.
I've given up trying to tell people you can do that in Coco though.
I know it works but there's just too many people that jump down your throat for it claiming it's too inaccurate a way to measure anything. Or that it doesn't tell you anything at all.
When at the end of the day the run off should be almost identical to what's going in. Glad to see I'm not the only one that's figured that out lol.

Yes mate I read so much about are game some of it good and some of it bollocks, there is definitely some great growers out there but you have to put your own time and efforts in to get rewarded, in the beginning I kept trying so many different things chasing big yields and mastering fuck all, so to all newbies STICK TO ONE method till you master it before you venture into another method of growing, coco is very forgiving and keep it super simple (kiss) with minimum line of nutrients,good environment,COMMON SENCE, time and effort anyone can grow good weed.

Yes mate I read so much about are game some of it good and some of it bollocks, there is definitely some great growers out there but you have to put your own time and efforts in to get rewarded, in the beginning I kept trying so many different things chasing big yields and mastering fuck all, so to all newbies STICK TO ONE method till you master it before you venture into another method of growing, coco is very forgiving and keep it super simple (kiss) with minimum line of nutrients,good environment,COMMON SENCE, time and effort anyone can grow good weed.
Jeez are you ever COOL MAN!!! THANKS! I NEEDED TO HEAR THAT ABOUT NOW...MUCH APPRECIATED I HAD a grow for 100 days it flowered but know buds.I did several things wrong. I went to the internet and learned what I thought was True! Like 7ph!! Full strength fertilizers cal- mag and root enzymes. Found out different through 420 I cut them at 100 days they were beautiful lost the smell but not growing. That was before I knew about 420 like I said. It was hydro guys feeding me info! So I might have been able to recuse those. Idk. These are 6 weeks Saturday. They stopped growing. I changed the ph I washed out plants in shower then started treating as instructed. So I feel uncomfortable with the lights I have ...1000watt led with dimmer for V& F stages gets warm now put a/c in the room. ? Growing WW, OGKUSH, 1 Darth Vader Kush, it's the one with large spaces between branches , I thinking it might be a Male? Could you tell? If I got a shot in the light?

Attachments

• 20190630_163418.jpg
    20190630_163418.jpg
    697.2 KB · Views: 45
  • 20190630_163346.jpg
    20190630_163346.jpg
    584.9 KB · Views: 50
  • 20190630_163341.jpg
    20190630_163341.jpg
    851.2 KB · Views: 47
Ok Jen can’t see the photos as of they are blued by the light but google images of male cannabis plants and you will see if you have a male / hermafredia sorry spelling all plants have these little rugby balls by each inter-note space females have hairs coming out of them and there is two per inter note but males have no hairs plus there could be three or more in that area if so fuck them out as they will turn the female plants/ the ones that produce bud.are you running photos females or regs? Or maybe female autos? You could pm me if your stuck or need a hand no worries? Hope this doesn’t upset Barney as it’s his show plus this way he is growing has me hooked.

Ok Jen can’t see the photos as of they are blued by the light but google images of male cannabis plants and you will see if you have a male / hermafredia sorry spelling all plants have these little rugby balls by each inter-note space females have hairs coming out of them and there is two per inter note but males have no hairs plus there could be three or more in that area if so fuck them out as they will turn the female plants/ the ones that produce bud.are you running photos females or regs? Or maybe female autos? You could pm me if your stuck or need a hand no worries? Hope this doesn’t upset Barney as it’s his show plus this way he is growing has me hooked.

You messed up hahahaha you said so fuck them out!!!! LMFAO that was funny! I don't know if I have photos or not I know I don't have auto flower seeds cane from Colorado Not happy with them. I had 50% of seeds that didn't germinate. I don't know, sorry what photos are? Eeks!

I have a Jewlers Lighted loupe and I got a identifying picture dome what blurry good when you enlarge it. Don't pick on me I believe it's a girl. Awee... tell me? It has the white spindle coming out of it. Lucky, it was a find!

Attachments

• 20190703_194704.jpg
    20190703_194704.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 44
Sherlokohmz what lights are you running and is that plant a haze or og strain as they stretch like mad? I remember growing some super lemon haze by ghs from seed in a loft with low height issues what a fucking nightmare that was plus it was my first grow lol.
Maybe you could put a net up in part of the tent and bend her down under it to take the height out of her as you are only two weeks into flower and this will be less stress on the plant than super cropping or topping, just a thought as that’s how I got over my issue in the loft and got a descent yield.
I am running a 600w hps with a few shop lights from my garage. The plant is sort of a mutant, it is white cookies x purple kush. I always top and super crop them but I do not use a net. I like to wait till they are done stretching then level them out by using crates/blocks to raise them as high as the tallest one in the tent. I dont care if the canopy is @ 2 feet or 5 just as long as its somewhat level. For this grow I had to zip tie my light directly to the crossbar and tape the reflector to the roof on one side to get light to it. The big ones are not so bad, when it comes harvest time you can get them trimmed up pretty quick! :)

Definately mate. It's the common sense part that causes most faliers. Occupational hazard of being a stoner though. Folk tend to slightly over think things lol.
My environments that bad these days that I've retired my hygrometer. Don't even want to know. No tent so cant do much about it anyway.
I run the lights at night to deal with temps. Turn the extractor up if the plants get stressed from heat or humidity.
Stick an extra fan here and there when I run out of room for the light.
Not exactly high tech growing but it works :)

I am running a 600w hps with a few shop lights from my garage. The plant is sort of a mutant, it is white cookies x purple kush. I always top and super crop them but I do not use a net. I like to wait till they are done stretching then level them out by using crates/blocks to raise them as high as the tallest one in the tent. I dont care if the canopy is @ 2 feet or 5 just as long as its somewhat level. For this grow I had to zip tie my light directly to the crossbar and tape the reflector to the roof on one side to get light to it. The big ones are not so bad, when it comes harvest time you can get them trimmed up pretty quick! :)

That's some fat colas mate. I'm praying this AK420 turns out like that. My last 2 runs have been bollocks'd for various reasons. Mostly the cold and me being drunk lol.
Never been a fan of the net idea iether. Just sounds like too much faffin about for me . Too preprogrammed aswell.
I prefer to just wing it and see how it goes. Always use different strains aswell so I've never got a clue how they'll grow.
It gets a bit boring sometimes so it's good to be able to mix things up if for no reason other than entertainment value.
Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. :)

I have a Jewlers Lighted loupe and I got a identifying picture dome what blurry good when you enlarge it. Don't pick on me I believe it's a girl. Awee... tell me? It has the white spindle coming out of it. Lucky, it was a find!
If you get a male you'll spot it straight away. Big sets of bollocks start growing everywhere. Big ol' banana lookin things too. They're fairly obvious I wouldn't worry :)
Well ... Unless that's what you're looking at lol.

I'm pretty sure it's a female don't you think?
Iooks female, definately doesn't look male yet anyway. If you've not flipped to 12/12 yet though then anythings possible. This why I always get fem seeds. Oh and don't be so quick to blame the seed supplier. Don't take it the wrong way but 99% of non poppers are down to human error.
Get yourself some root riots.
No nutes, no paper towels or wrapping things up. No ph'ing anything. Just wet the root riot a little with tap water.
Put the seed 15mm deep with the pointed side up and they work every single time. Fullproof.

Back
Top Bottom