Allow me to introduce me!

vipers

Hi all, I'm a new poster here, call me vipers also known as viper on some of the other forums. I came to the hobby of growing some 5 years ago with the idea of supplying the wife and myself with quality weed, off the buying grid, for free. It's been a long but rewarding trip, learning to get the grow side of this down. I find there is always more to learn or another way of doing something or making something work better that keeps things interesting. My grow system is modest at 2'x2'x52"tall made of ¾ inch plywood. It uses two intakes, the larger of the two is an Ilicent AXC100B 4 inch fan, the smaller a Dayton 98?CFM squirrel cage fan. There is also active and passive intake. All this air was necessary because at the time the light source was a 400 watt digital mh/hps which really became a problem in such limited area. I have since switched to LED, and have been round the block with a total now of three different units, the first of which was the little 14? watt plastic panel cheapie that honestly could do no more than keep small mothers alive. Then went on to use seven surface mount SMT LED's. They veg GREAT but are seriously lacking in the flower department. They now serve duty in the mother/clone chamber where they do very well in that role. My main light now has been a 180 watt Jumbo, which I like a lot; it serves me well and adds almost no heat to the mix.
Tried my hand at dirt growing for four different runs but Hydro is the way to go for me. I have the permanent Milwaukee meters waiting for the next hydro grow and a brand new small continuous drip/DWC system based on two stacked Rubbermaid roughnecks that I designed for future runs. Might consider putting up a Journal some time in the future if I get up the courage,(stones/balls/ nuts).
My short stay here has been good, high powered people have been very kind to me and there is real knowledge to be found on this site. I feel welcome here, hopefully I will be able to bring something to the table that can help someone else like others have helped me with this wonderful plant we all know and Love. Peace and safety to all. .V.

Thanks Roseman! As that old Country Rock song went... "I know a little bout it", but I'm sure there's more I don't know than I do. Lol, thanks for the invite Bro! .V.

vipers nice to have you here. :welcome:

We are sure you will like here and that no other forum will be needed. ;)

The 5 years of growing, Messing w/ LED's and you said Soil and Hydro? :bravo:
Please make yourself at Home. :cheer:

Keep reading the Grow Journals, You'll want one soon. ;)

It is always cool to see the great many uses for Rubbermaid roughnecks.
Have you found Deep Water Culture?
Deep Water Culture - 420 Magazine
Have you found LabRat420?

Something to look over when time permits.

We will be looking for you in the forums Friend.
Enjoy. :roorrip:
:peace:

vipers nice to have you here. :welcome:

We are sure you will like here and that no other forum will be needed. ;)

The 5 years of growing, Messing w/ LED's and you said Soil and Hydro? :bravo:
Please make yourself at Home. :cheer:

Keep reading the Grow Journals, You'll want one soon. ;)

It is always cool to see the great many uses for Rubbermaid roughnecks.
Have you found Deep Water Culture?
Deep Water Culture - 420 Magazine
Have you found LabRat420?

Something to look over when time permits.

We will be looking for you in the forums Friend.
Enjoy. :roorrip:
:peace:

Wow man thanks for the links, will read through a.s.a.p.
q, is Deep Water Culture not DWC? .V.

Yes...
Well Roseman says it best here,

Bottom of Post 12.

Thanks The Weed. I guess this little invention of mine has already been invented. Someday I want to put up a build tourorial for this little rubbermaid setup. It would help someone with little space... like me. .V.

Got a pic made up to show everybody how my little system works but can't figure out how. Damm. got to go read again. You guys make new folks feel welcome here.. I thank you all for that. .V.

Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

POSTING PICS
Resize them first.

You go to the Photo Gallery.
Go to My Pics
Go to Upload Pics
Upload pics to 420
Click the Thumbnail and it enlarges and is no longer a thumbnail
right mouse button click that pic and a window pops up
hit PROPERTIES
see the url - address, starts with http and ends with html or jpg
copy that address
paste it on your post page in between [ img ] and [ /img ] (without the spaces)

or use the yellow envelope at the top of the Posting Window for INSERT IMAGE, and put the address there.

I did it!! Just like majic. This grow is in dirt but I really prefer hydro. It's about 1.5 weeks into flower. .V.

11012.JPG

Back
Top Bottom