Allrighty gettin ready

frankcastle13

I'm getting ready to start my garden. I have a few seeds that I'm gonna start soon and am gonna get some starts also. I was wondering how I could start outside even with the danger of frost. I was thinking maybe get like a 3 liter bottle and make a mini greenhouse until the time rolls around. I'm not sure. This is my first year growing and could use any tips or links. I've been researching for over a year now and am finally gonna give it a try. Thanks.

It would probably be better to wait until the danger of frost has past. better to wait until the right time, then put em out too early and waste your seeds.

Well you'll know the ground is ready when the forsythia bushes(look it up) start to bloom. That means the ground temp has reached 50-55 degrees. But that isn't when you should go outside, but it's a good time to start some sprouts. If you are just aching to go, cut the bottom out of some one gallon milk jugs and use those for a mini greenhouse. they work great! you just might hold off the frost. Otherwise just follow what the local vegi farmers are doing and plant when they do.

Back
Top Bottom