AllSmiles Gone Organic with Holy Grail Kush - Motavation - Dark Star - CBD Kush - LBH

Hello everyone and welcome to my journal. I am now on my 4th grow and have decided to go Organic. Well, as organic as it gets for me anyways. I'll be using General Organics line up of nutrients. I used these products on a couple of my plants in my last grow and the end product blew me away. It was also way less maintenance which helps out since I have a pretty busy life style so anything to free up time is a huge plus.

If you read my last grow I ran into a bout with powdery mildew. I took 2 weeks off of growing to sanitize everything in the room. I sprayed the entire room, walls, and grow equipment with a heavy solution of H202 and water. I then wiped down everything with a strong bleach solution to water. After that I then did a wipe down of everything with just water. I added an air purifier to the grow room and it's been running for the last week with all my equipment running. I am hoping that PM won't strike again. I will also be taking preventive measures during the grow and will add more fans.

Here is a breakdown of what I got going for this round:

Strains (all started from feminized beans):

1. Holy Grail Kush (DNA Genetics)

2. Motavation (Serious Seeds)

3. Dark Star (T.H. Seeds)

4. CBD Kush (Dutch Passions)

5. Blue Light Haze (my own personal cross of Blueberry and Northern Lights #5 x Haze from Grow 3)

For nutrients I'll be using General Organics line up with Fox Farms Ocean Forest soil. The soil will be amended with roughly 25% perlite, Dolomite Lime, and Azomite (in dust and granular form). I'm using RO water and will not PH adjust at all for the entire grow. I also ordered a sample kit of nutrients from Extreme Gardening that I'll be trying out for the first time.

I have a 2'x3'x5' tent that will be powered by a Mars II 700 LED. I also have a 3'x3'x78" tent that will be powered by 2 G8LED 240 watt veg/bloom lights. A G8LED 90 watt red ufo will also be added to this tent for flower. A big thanks to the lovely Mrs. Smiles for allowing me to purchase another G8LED 240 LED for Xmas. :love: Xoxo

The plan is to transplant twice from Red Solo Cup to 6"x7" pot and to final 3 or 5 gallon smart pot. I'm going to try and be patient and allow for altering nodes to start before starting the flower cycle. I plan on doing 11/13 flower cycle also as I'm following a few journals of people doing that with great success. My goal is to get 2 to 3 ounces of quality bud per plant.

Anywho, I am so happy to get my grow back on. The basement was a bit boring and lonely for 2 weeks there. So enough of my jabbering, here are some pics to get caught up to where the girls are at.

Seeds were germed in RO water with a light solution of FloraBlend to bring the PH to 6.0. It ended up being 170 micro siemens. These were placed on a heating mat in between wash cloths that sat on top of an old pc box i have to help manage the temerature. Temps stayed at 81 degrees during germination. I lost many seeds from past grows due to the heat mat cooking my seeds. I returned the heating mat for another one only to have it do the same thing. Putting it on the PC box really helped with out buying an expensive controller.
IMG_249316.jpg

2 days later there are nice tap roots except for LBH:
IMG_250014.jpg
IMG_250217.jpg
IMG_250117.jpg
IMG_250416.jpg
IMG_25039.jpg

Dropped them into some coco fiber pellets I got with the planters pride green box in below pic. They are under a 100 watt 5000k CFL for now.
IMG_250620.jpg
IMG_251016.JPG
IMG_252013.JPG
IMG_25268.jpg

And there you have it. I gently peeled off the webbing on the coco pellets before planting in solo cups. LBH has yet to break ground. I carefully moved around some of the coco fibers and saw a bright white tap root so hopefully she'll peek out into the world in the next day or two. If not I'll try to help her out some.

Take care. :peace: :)

Woke up early this morning to check on the girls before heading to work. Looks like LBH decided to show herself :slide: I feel like a proud pappa. She was transplanted to solo cup this morning.

I have one new addition to add to this journal. Since LBH didn't germ at the same time with the other girls I germed another bean just in case it was a bad seed. It is a Sannies Jack regular bean I harvested from my first grow. She is showing a tap root this morning. I will give her the first class treatment and hope she is a she :laughtwo: The joys of a regular seed. I skipped the pellets with her and dropped her directly in soil in solo cup.

IMG_252810.jpg
IMG_252910.jpg
IMG_25319.JPG

That's 100% germination. I may be starting to get the hang of this. Off to work. :peace::)

Hi AllSmiles and Happy New Year to you my friend. Congratulations on your last grow and harvest as well as your new journal! So glad to be here!! Great mix and diversity of strains to watch and learn from as well as your nutrient program. Your pictures and detail are excellent and I thank you sincerely for sharing and letting us watch over your shoulder! You're giving me plenty to think about and drool over for my next grow to kick off in February. Congrats on the 100% germination and all the best to you! Cheers :)

:goodjob: :high-five:

Re: AllSmiles Gone Organic with Holy Grail Kush - Motavation - Dark Star - CBD Kush -

Just a quick photo update on the girls. I have them under one G8240 LED (~3ft above) now. Everyone is happy and healthy. I picked up a pair of Method 7 Operator LED grow glasses to protect my eyes when in the grow room. They are pretty cool. These are pics from my phone. The second pic is behind the lens of the glasses.

IMG_253813.jpg
IMG_254013.jpg

Pretty slick glasses. In addition to eye protection I think they will help point out any plant problems with the clearer view under LED lighting.

Re: AllSmiles Gone Organic with Holy Grail Kush - Motavation - Dark Star - CBD Kush -

Thanks bro. Everyone is happy so far. The LBH strain is growing fast but strange. Seems the leaves can't spread themselves for some reason like they are crumbled up. It can't keep up with its own growth if that makes any sense :laughtwo: I'll post a close up to show you what I mean in a little bit. Thanks for the good vibes :)

Here's what I mean with LBH.
IMG_254614.jpg

She's actually improved over the last couple days. Before today those single serrated leaves were curved straight down. You can see how the growth is just mangled up. All the others look great. I'm hoping for an "The Ugly Duckling" scenario with her where she turns into a huge sexy beast. :green_heart:

Here's what I mean with LBH.
IMG_254614.jpg

She's actually improved over the last couple days. Before today those single serrated leaves were curved straight down. You can see how the growth is just mangled up. All the others look great. I'm hoping for an "The Ugly Duckling" scenario with her where she turns into a huge sexy beast. :green_heart:

It looks like just what you said. She also might be highly light reactive, which is always a good sign IMO. When you repot her, can you post her roots? I'm guessing she'll be the beastiest. :)

I've seen this a few times. It doesn't seem to manifest in the entire plant though and usually sorts itself out as more green appears (though those leaves will rarely ever look "right" again). Subsequent leaves and nodes don't usually exhibit that.

:cool:

I hope it sorts itself out. This is my first colloidal silver project plant so I keep thinking maybe I did something wrong some where down the line. Guess we'll find out when its all said and done. I know she is displaying some aggressive growth just like her NL5H mother (err should I say father :laughtwo:)

Weekly update time. I have the lights ~24 inches above girls now with no dome now for the past few days. Besides LBH's funky growth the rest are all happy. One of HGK's leaf from second set isn't growing right but I'm sure it won't hurt her any. I have a humidifier blowing on them now that's keeping the RH at 50% around the plant zone and temps are 64 low and 75 high. SJ is about 5 days younger than the rest and is looking perfect.

IMG_53594.jpg
IMG_53634.JPG
IMG_53713.JPG

:peace: :)

Oh snap. :yahoo: Look what arrived at the house today. Haven't owned a bong in 20 years.

IMG_256010.jpg
IMG_256515.jpg
IMG_257214.jpg

Those aren't scratches on the bong. Just bad photography on my part. I would hit this thing now but I am on business time :(

She is loaded and ready to go for tonight though. So excited.
Smoke Cartel + 420 Mag + 420 Discount = :slide:

Thanks CS. I was going to post what I thought of the bong last night but man, I over indulged and went straight to bed:laughtwo: That blueberry was amazing through it. I forgotten how much I love a good bong rip. Definitely brought be back to the day. Herb won't last as long that's for sure. What I normally would pack in my vape and get a good 3 or 4 vape hits of went down in one bong rip. Of course I couldn't settle for just one rip. Reloaded that baby and took another one. Lights out :laughtwo: I must be a light weight.

With that said I do prefer my vape. I get more flavor profiles from it and it's easier on the lungs. But no doubt I will be sneaking in some bong rips here and there.

Back
Top Bottom