AllSmiles VI - 2018 A New Year With New Gear!

Hello 420 Friends! Hope everyone enjoyed the holidays and had a Happy New Year! Starting 2018 grow early this year. Got a ton of new gear so was too excited to wait until Spring.

What's new:
NextLight Mega

NextLight Veg8 - on the way :)

Vivosun 2' x 4' x 5' tent for veg (on the way as well) - My old 20" x 30" x 5' tent is too small for how many plants I plan to veg to maximize the new lights and have more variety.

Some 3 Gallon Air Pots.

Some 3 and 7 Gallon Fabric pots by Vivosun.

A remodeled flower room giving me 8" more width x 5'. So 40 sq inches of more wiggle room! I wanted to buy a 5x5 tent but just didn't have the space for it in my room. Current room is now 3'10" x 5'3" x 8'. Should be plenty for my needs.

I'll be using Recycled Organic soil that is now on 3rd use. I added a little bit of Garden Lime to the recipe this time as 90% of plants grown last round showed mag deficiencies.

Previous flower room before remodel
IMG_87123.jpg

IMG_0050122.jpg

Current
IMG_665715.jpg
IMG_050161.jpg
IMG_049843.jpg
IMG_049649.jpg

Aaaah...so much cleaner! Taped up some white poly on the side walls so I can foliar without making a mess on the paint. The mega seems taylor made for the space :thumb:

Currently 2 girls flowering:
  • Dr. Grinspoon (Barneys) - Smaller plant in photos above.
  • Light Blue Haze (AllSmiles :) - Dutch Passions Blueberry crossed with Sensi's NL5H) - Larger Plant in above photos.
These girls were going to be put down because of severe stretching under a cheap made in china LED (trashed with force and anger:rollingeyes:) that was purchased on Amazon for a bill and used to veg. The first pic in the current room shows the amount of stretch that happened. LBH recovered nicely under the mega. DrG not as much. There is extra space so I let her live:)

Currently 7 girls vegging:
  • Slurricane (IHG)
  • Lemon Lime Punch (IHG)
  • Sensi Star (Paradise)
  • 3 plants of Mazar x Laniakea (AllSmiles)
  • AK 47 (Serious Seeds - but from my own seed harvest)
IMG_665515.jpg
IMG_668414.jpg

Second pic is current. Back row is all Mazar x Lani. Little seedling is AK 47. Front row from left to right is Slurricane, Sensi Star, and Lemon Lime Punch. AK was germed in paper towel and put directly into soil. Testing to see if the recipe is too hot for seedlings. Looks to be ok.
They are under a G8 LED 240 (currently my favorite of LED) until the Veg8 and new tent arrives. UPS says Tuesday :slide:

Here are some current pics of flowering girls. Both are at 60 days from seed and 14 days in 12/12.

LBH - Vigorous plant just like my last run of her. She's looking exactly the same. Going to be some long running colas on her. And hopefully super sized with the mega:)
IMG_668711.jpg
IMG_669011.jpg

DrG - Not sure what to expect. She's definitely stunted so we'll see. My first run of her as well.
IMG_668812.jpg
IMG_66929.jpg

Feels so good to snap shots without turning off the lights and photoshop does a sweet job with the auto white balance!

So the plan for this year is to finish the grow in ~6 months and take 6 months off. Grow more at once and take a nice break and repeat. The current vegging girls will all go into 3 gal pots and join the other flowering girls as soon as preflowers show.

On deck and to finish off is:
  • Double Dutch (Serious)
  • Kosher Kush (Reserva Privada)
  • Girl Scout Cookies (Cali Connection)
  • Super Lemon Haze (GreenHouse)
I'm thinking all 7 gals to finish. Will be making fem beans on the last run as well.

And we're off!

New set up & space looks killer. Looks professional. Interested in seeing how Veg8 grows.....thinking tight/compact not lanky if Mega flowering is any indicator. You may wind up so stoked you'll have to shorten the 6 mo. break. :laughtwo: :Namaste:
Thanks Brights! Nice to get rid of all that wood. Looking at how LBH is responding to Mega I'm sure the veg8 is going to kick ass. Yeah, don't see myself taking that long a break with the excitement building. Want to see what these lights can do. I was kinda in cruise control with the other lights but this has sparked some fire in me:)

Awesome setup, genetics and nice big new light! Looking forward to watching those girls flower out. I love all of IHG gear so should be a fun one!
Hey J! Thanks for joining! I'm pretty stoked growing IHG this go. See a lot of growers here trying and liking them so wanted to give it a go.

I'm in. Going back to read...

I'm popping a couple LBH for my next run... ;)

Very interested in seeing the mega run too!
Think you'll like LBH. Be prepared for some vigorous growth. She's a fun one to watch develop. Smoke not as strong as Lani but nice clean high leaning on sativa side. Think you'll enjoy it. The mega is off to a fantastic start! Just need to get more plants under it :)

Yeah, the mega is killing it BL! Like you said, even flowering up and down :thumb: Definitely going to see an increase in yield with this light no doubt! Can't wait to fill up that room with more girls. The veg 8 is doing its thing as well. Going to transplant them all to 3 gals tomorrow and update. Really digging having a dedicated veg light.

Gorgeous thick ladies AllSmiles! I see why you chose that name! Those are definitely gonna produce alot!
Thanks J! Always smiling my friend. Can't wait to see them develop in the last 2-3 weeks of flower.

Your plants are always excellent & these are even better. Shaking the walls w/ flower energy. Thinking I see parallels on how Mega flowers. Robust blooming.....I get same tip & edge turn down, a little tacoing & treat as plant exhausting Ca in soil building buds & trichs under that light. Great gardening AS. :Namaste:

Thanks BL! Was wondering where that rumble was coming from :laughtwo: These lights are badass! Like you said, Game Changer. Haven't really changed anything then what I've been doing these last couple grows and the buds are noticeably bulking at a faster rate than what I'm use to seeing. I Honestly did not think it would make this big a difference :thumb:

Update on the vegging girls. All the 3 gal pot girls are 40 days from seeds and have been topped except for one of the mazar x lani. AK47 (31 days from seed) is ready for a transplant so will probably move the 3 mazar x lani into the flower tent to make room. Will probably let the other girls go another week or 2. Not going to do any training this round besides the one topping. All girls also got fans coming from main trunk pinched off as well.

IMG_672811.jpg

These 3 (front row) are all mazar x lani. The one on the right was not topped. Want to compare the yields with an untopped plant.
IMG_673213.jpg

LemonLimePunch
IMG_673615.jpg

SensiStar
IMG_673511.jpg

Slurricane
IMG_673312.jpg

All are nice and stout under the veg8 and bushing out nicely. SensiStar is a little picky but she's starting to veg nicely. Nice thick stems though even on the branches. Can see some big buds coming on her.
:peace::)

Man you werent kidding bl.. mega is making the difference for him. That veg8 is sweet too. Went back and looked at your grows and read through your last one. Very nice gardening and beautiful plants allsmiles! Love the strains you have going. Id agree so far dr grindspoon looks nothing like what ive seen. Bud growth looks to be completely different. Your lemon lime punch looks fantastic.. cant wait to get that one. ....

Back
Top Bottom