Almost ready to harvest: how's my plan?

d42zero

I've got three plants going, one of which is almost ready for harvest.. could probably be harvested now, but I think I'll give it just one more week. Anyways I just wanted to run my plan by you guys and see if there's anything standing out that I should look at changing..

I have a large grow tent and have borrowed a smaller tent to dry this first plant. I don't have a second fan/filter so I've sealed up both tents, and run a 4" duct from the small tent to the large tent with one vent open on the small tent. This way air is sucked into the small tent, then through the duct into the large tent, through the carbon filter, and out the exhaust. This'll take care of the stank in both tents and mean there's a little air flowing around the drying buds.

Temp/humidity in the grow tent averages around 20-26degC and 45-60% RH, I would expect temps in the second tent to be a bit lower (no lights) but humidity in the room is pretty matched to the grow tent.

The plan is to move the plant to the new tent for three days of darkness, watered with plain RO water only around 50ppm. After three days I'll cut the colas off about 1" below the lowest buds, trim the larger fan leaves (but leave all the sugar leaves) and hang upside down to dry in the second tent for seven days. After that they'll go into 4 litre (~1gal) glass jars, burped daily for the first week, every 2 days for the 2nd week, and every three or four days for a couple of weeks after that until humidity is around 60%, at which point each jar will get a couple of 58% boveda packs and they'll sit on the shelf for a while.

If you have a look at recent photos in my journal of the sample buds I took, you'll see why I don't want to trim sugar leaves - they are absolutely CAKED with trichomes. I will trim those if the advice here overwhelmingly pushes me towards doing that, but have a look at the pics and tell me what you think.

I know that's a pretty standard plan but I like to get all my ducks in a row before doing something then stick to it, so it's good to get a few extra opinions before I start..

Can always make bubble hash from sugar leaves :)

Yeah I'm probably going to do something like that with some of the trimmings.. I'm just watching a sample bud cure at the moment and the sugar leaves look so damn good lol. I'll trim some of them off this bud before I do the proper harvest and see whether I like it better with or without them... if I trim them off I might just cure them separately, they'd make super yummy joints :Rasta::Rasta::Rasta:

Here's my sample, cut 10/10 and jarred 17/10:
20191019_191013.jpg

The bit at the top that looks like a seed... no idea what that is, but it gave me a scare lol. I think it's just a red hair made to look weird by the glass, or maybe the end of a sugar leaf bvrowned a bit... I searched for it on the bud and in other photos but I can only see it in this one picture. Ghost seed!

Back
Top Bottom