Almost two weeks - Concerned

Pagalord

Hello.
Newbie here... One guy told me that marijuana can be grown indoors without any light enhancement so I decided to grow my marijuana indoors with nothing boosting their growth (except fertilizers, I will use them in the future). But straight to the point now! I've encountered a problem as I believe. I've started growing my first plants (got 3 seeds from buds that I bought) and my plants are 12 days old at the moment. All 3 of them grew well as I thought... but now I believe that they are not fine. They are tall and their stalks are very thin. Their leaves are at the very top of the their stalks and I think, if they continued on growing like this, the leaves are going to get too heavy for the stalk. I am growing them without any cfls/UV-Bs or any other additional lamp light, in other words, normal day/night cycle. The only UV they get is from the sun. At first I thought that the problem was the lack of light (which is probably the main reason) but then I thought that the problem was caused by non-existent air circulation in the room (I do not own any ventilator). I am kinda lost and know no one who could help me at this.

Here are some questions:
* Will my plants get better in the future (I mean the stalk strength)? I've read that a plant can be bent a bit in order to strengthen their stalks. Is it true and is it effective?

* Will fertilizers help to strengthen their stems?

* When do I start giving my plants fertilizers?

* Is it even going somewhere if I grew my plants without UV-B, cfl and other required lamps for indoor growing?

20140601_141449.jpg

20140601_141412.jpg

Re: Almost two weeks. Concerned.

Your better off ordering some auto flowering seeds they will grow in a window and produce bud after a certain amount of time and also you will want a fan blowing onto the plants to help strenthen their stems. Not sure about fertiliser making the stem stronger.

use a fan blowing on them gently till you get a shimmer effect, that will help strengthen your stems but there gonna stretch a lot seeking light. maybe you want to use a CFL to try and help keep them from stretching so much.

Would only CFL lamps be enough for them? I was hoping to experiment a bit without any other light but natural daylight. But if the light was necessary, I will do whatever it takes to keep my plants healthy and happy. I will get blowing fan soon. I hope it will help... Thank you for your opinions and suggestions!

well now i have more light and a bigger pot thats an older pic but im only using CFL with a 6in fan

your plants require a decent amount of real sunlight or artificial light to grow properly a few hours in a window and the rest of the day indirect light will result in very leggy low yielding plants, if you could supplement some of there light requirements you may do a lot better with still minimal effort :)

i would wait until the small round leaves yellow(cotyledons) or second node with first set of multi fingered leaves to add fert
remember indoors they will not dry out very quickly so dont over water them.
an oscillating fan blowing gently on them will strenghten them.

Back
Top Bottom