Aloha From the Sunnyside of Hawaii

sunnyside58

Aloha to all new and not so new members of this wonderful site called "420 Magazine".
I am not new but never took the opportunity to introduce myself formally to you all.
I go by the name "sunnyside58", I just started growing about 2 summers ago. I am still and will always be learning about growing. I prefer outdoor growing but I had a disastrous summer last year and needed something to get my mind and soul back into the game so I am trying my hand this winter with small time hydroponics. It is going ok for the first try. I do see how much faster indoor grows but also am finding out the cost is way higher than outdoor.Here in Hawaii I can maybe fit 2 summer grows in and 1 winter. Basically we can grow outdoors all year round. I am also making edibles and thanks to a good kind person I met on this site, I have a Magic Butter Machine and it is totally awesome. Thanks Lee. Well I am female, middle aged and use cannabis for my cancer. Here in Hawaii it is Medically Legal, we get a blue medical card but we have no, nada dispensaries. Through Doctors, patients and other advocates, we are trying to get a bill passed this year to allow a few dispensaries here. It will never be like Washington, Colorado, California ect. but a few is better than none. I will post pics on how my grows grew.
IMG_044220.JPG
IMG_044120.JPG
Misc_Pics_020.JPG
20140206_1638111.jpg
20140206_163934.jpg
20140101_2136121.jpg
20140101_2136071.jpg
20140101_213642.jpg
2nd_grow_of_the_summer_This_is_either_Master_Kush_or_Wonder_Woman_Lost_tag_9_2.JPG
2nd_grow_of_the_summer_This_is_either_Master_Kush_or_Wonder_Woman_Lost_tag_8_2.JPG
2nd_grow_of_the_summer_This_is_either_Master_Kush_or_Wonder_Woman_Lost_tag_7_2.JPG
2nd_batch_of_my_summer_grow_in_Hawaii_2013_0122.JPG
2nd_batch_of_my_summer_grow_in_Hawaii_2013_0073.JPG
2nd_grow_of_the_summer_This_is_either_Master_Kush_or_Wonder_Woman_Lost_tag_4_2.JPG
Wonder_Woman_Skunk_1_and_Master_Kush_outdoors_in_Hawaii_019_13_1.JPG
Summer_Grow_of_2013_in_Hawaii_0201.JPG
Wonder_Woman_Skunk_1_and_Master_Kush_outdoors_in_Hawaii_019_2_.JPG
2nd_batch_of_my_summer_grow_in_Hawaii_2013_005.JPG
Wonder_Woman_Skunk_1_and_Master_Kush_outdoors_in_Hawaii_019_5_.JPG
Wonder_Woman_Skunk_1_and_Master_Kush_outdoors_in_Hawaii_019_13_.JPG
6-11-13_Summer_grow_in_Hawaii_outdoors_007.JPG
Hawaiian_Home_Grown_buds_1_.JPG
Wonder_Woman_Skunk_1_Blue_lemon_Thai_at_3_weeks.JPG
Summer_Grow_of_2013_in_Hawaii_005.JPG
End_of_my_winter_outdoor_grow_011.JPG
2012_summer_harvest_034.JPG
2012_summer_harvest_033.JPG
2012_summer_harvest_031.JPG
Misc_Photos_sept_and_oct_2012_055.JPG
Misc_Photos_sept_and_oct_2012_040.JPG
What_is_this_found_in_my_plant_soil_002.JPG
What_is_this_found_in_my_plant_soil_006.JPG
BlueBerry_7-9-12_2.JPG
100_023610.JPG
100_02247.JPG
100_01857.JPG

Much Aloha to all and I Love this site and you members ROCK !!!!! That grub looking thing I am holding turned out to be a larvae that turns into a beetle that Hawaii Ag. Dept. has no idea how they got here but are on top of it. You can tell the difference from our winter grow from summer grow. Winter is good buds but the plants grow more like Christmas trees and short. Summer grow were the big plants. They tend to root bound in 5 gal buckets. lol. Well that's all folks. I will be around.

NICE!:bravo: That's the best introduction I've seen since, ever! :welcome: you're surrounded by great members here, good choice of site to share, laugh (in my case) & learn. Please take a minute to check out this new technique I'm trying to get bigger buds, the guy that is helping me wins "Plant of the Month" contest here, quite often. Enjoy, the link is below this message. I got a bunch of 420 friends from your turf. Enjoy! Great pics bro!:high-five:

Aloha Trichomes,
Thank you so much for your kind welcome. This is a wonderful site with wonderful,knowledgable growers. I have seen your work and at times I am in awe. Your Muxy and Luxy Ladies look awesome. I would never have thought of trying something like that but I know it will be a hit. I have so much to learn but I am "All In". Your plant grows have been amazing. Much Aloha tricromes and thank you for your kind words

Hi ya tricromes, the disaster I spoke about was losing my whole summer grow. The big plants because I left them in charge of the only person that knew i could trust but had no experience in growing and i made the mistake of not telling her to water only the siol. She watered all the plants top to bottom and as you can see, they were weeks away from harvest. I was gone on vacation for 3 weeks and the bud rot started in 1 week. It was hot and we lost our beautiful trade winds. Learned something on that loss. Lol.Timing is everything huh?.

Sunnyside58, I am sorry to hear of your loss of your beautiful girls. :yikes:
I too forget to tell some of the things I need to have done, to some of my friends that look after things for me from time to time. I guess we roll with the winds of change. I agree with timing is important for sure. I hope that things are going much better for you now. I wish you the best of luck and good fortune in the future. :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom