Alternamed's Agent Orange - Alien OG Grow Journal

AlternaMed

Greeting everyone, this is my first time making a grow journal online. I'm currently using a 2 x 4 x 6 foot closet with a single 400 watt free hood bulb dangling 2 ft above the canopy of the plants.
The plants are rooted in 100 percent coconut coir in 3 gallon plastic growth bags, situated in 11 inch saucer to collect runoff.

Plants have been vegetated from clone and fed a diet of Supethrive, Miracle Gro Tomato formula, and Oregonism mycorizzhae.

The plants in the closet have been blooming for approximately 12 days, and are currently receiving part 1 of 3 of FoxFarm Open Sesame, Beastie Bloom, Cha Ching...

Re: Alternamed's Agent Orange/ Alien OG Grow Journal

bloom_a.JPG

This photo was taken from my phone...its kind of crummy...

I usually veg them for 14 days from clone, then I flip them over. These guys have been vegging for 2 weeks, they started their 3rd week today. I'm trying to see how much longer i'm going to be feeding them the Open Sesame, probably going to do that until the end of the 4th week, then i'll begin using the Beastie Bloomz!
Thanks for Subbing!!!

Hey Twelve12, i'm a little bit worried about the outcome of this project. I've done a few grows, but i've never really pulled out the nice dense nuggets like I know the plants can produce. I've got some of the meds my buddy grew, but we both did the same thing, and it appears that even still we're not obtaining the dense nugs.

Its very perplexing.

Now i'm switching to add in BCuzz bloom from Atami Labs...i've used their rooting liquid with pretty good success. So now i'm going to try their blooming stimulant. I'm sure that in order to maximize growth during floral formation one would need to ensure that cellular division is occurring at maximal rates. But doing so will most likely require that I insert a CO2 system...which i'm working on.

Anway, back to the subject....Has anyone here ever used the Fox Farm Trio??? I'm worrying about the levels to salt in the compound...it seems like it could easily become toxic...

The key to density is environment and genetic. Your environment has to be optimal for density to appear otherwise the plant pheno will change and will effect the bud structure; Dense, semi-dense, fluffy. The environment entails nutrients, grow medium, air circulation & ventilation, temperature, humidity, and light.

• Nutrients - Use the proper strength for the plants maturity. Too little will not build bud, too much will destroy it.
  • Grow medium - can hold water/oxygen/nutrients well enough without drying out too fast or keeping too wet.
  • Air circulation & ventilation - Plant need CO2, and bud structure require them to harden up so with circulation it keeps the plant stem gets stronger to withstand the wind, and in turn will be able to support top heavy buds. Weak stem tip over the top which moves away from the light which the bud needs to harden. Air ventilation help to exchange CO2 and Oxygen level in the room, keeping it fresh while removing access heat from the light(s).
  • Temperature - Optimal temperature for Cannabis is 60-70F during the lights on for density, 75-85F is mid range and above 85F+ the bud structure become fluffy. With the proper ventilation setup it will help you maintain the right room temperature. Depend where you live the environment outside may be hot during certain times of the year, so an A/C unit is needed for the room to keep the temperature within range.
  • Humidity - During flowering keep your room humidity below 40%, during vegetative growth keep it above 60%. Even in veg with the proper RH level can really help out during the flowering stage.
  • Light - Higher wattage = higher yield and denser bud structure. Light helps accelerate photosynthesis and the higher the wattage the faster the process. Given the nutrients strength is on par with its need.

Overall if you have a healthy strong plant it will produce. Even if you have your environment dialed in the genetic may still produce buds lack of density. Best to start with plant that known for their density and potency to rule out genetic. Then you're left with environment control. Hope that helps.

Still got some Fox Farm Trio. Mix it 1/2 the recommended dosage. Yes you're right it has lot of salt content. I had hard time adjusting to it so I made a switch to using Blue Planet Nutrients 3-parts. I no longer grow but was using BPN for 3 cycle (bloom) and it provided great results.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom