AlwyzDTF - Soil - 4x4 - MH HPS

alwyzDTF

420 Member
4x4x6'11" Gorilla Grow Tent

Strain : Not sure yet. Looking for some old school genetics or something ultra stinky.

Seeds or Clones : Seeds (Still looking for a good source).

Indoor or Outdoor : Indoor growing in soil.

Soil : FoxFarm Ocean Forest (all I could afford but definitely want to add more to the 1 gal and 5 gal pots).

Pots : Solo Cups > 1gal smart pots > 5 gal pots (turned out to be 3.7gal pots after reading amazon reviews so debating on going 5 gal smart pots).

Lights : Thinking of a fluorescent T5 for clones/seedlings
Sun System Blockbuster 6" air cooled hood
600w Phantom ll E Ballast
600w Eye Hortilux HPS
600w Advanced Nutrients BaddAss MH

Temp of room : 65-85
RH of Room : (SEED) 30%-35% / (VEG) 50%-70% / (FLOWER) 30%-50%
PH of soil : 6.3-6.8 but aiming for something in the middle. Hopefully (6.5).

Pests : I hope for no pests but will be using HotShot Pest Strips just incase they find a way in.

Water : R.O. water or Distilled water only (ph 6.5). I will try to water on a schedule but it will all depend on if she's thirsty or not. I will observe and listen to her.

Nutrients : Clonex & Superthrive so far. Still gathering some veg/flower nutes.

Just a little bit of what I have set up so far. I will get pictures of all of my parts/materials within the next couple of days. I still have a ton of stuff on the way.

On a side note, I ran into a problem. Currently the grow room is my master closet in my apartment that has no outlets. I read that using extension chords isn't a wise idea so I thought I would throw that out there and ask before I go about my dumb ideas. What I want to do is add two of my own 15amp breakers at the sub panel. one to run my lights and one to run my fans. My problem is I don't know how to turn off the power to a sub panel in an apartment. I didn't see a main breaker probably because there isn't one but I haven't even taken the cover off incase someone had an idea that was better than mine.

I thought that I could call the power company and ask them to shut off my power until I call them back from my cell but I'm not too positive it's that easy. open to suggestions though.

IMG_392711.JPG
IMG_39269.JPG

Lots of stuff in the mail still...
here is what I have so far for any of you lurking in the shadows!

IMG_392813.JPG

- VenTech 4" 190cfm inline fan > 4" 150cfm carbon filter
(also have spare little bit smaller scrubber (unknown cfm))
- VenTech 4" 100cfm duct fan
- AcuRite humidity/temp moniter (2x)
- Apollo Horticulture hangers (amazon)
- Active Air fan speed controller
- Mylar roll (5 ft x 15 ft)
-Bamboo stakes (4 ft tall)
- 5 gallon Amazon pots (turned out to be 3.7 gallons) (5x)
- Saucers for the pots to sit on (gotta keep it clean kids!)
- Cheap rock wool cubes (amazon)
- Superthrive
- Clonex and some new sterile razors for new cuttings
- 5 ft x 15 ft trellis netting (enough to double layer or stack right on top for smaller squares)
- Tags/labels and some brand new batteries for the cheap electronics
- Gorilla grow tent came with 3 straps to hang stuff with I think so I'll see if those work out for anything
- Random spray bottle

In the mean time...I'm just waiting on seedsman.com to restock some of the strains I'm interested in trying out.

Also, still not 100% on my electrical issue with my grow not having access to any outlets.

Hi and welcome to the forums, I just wanted to add some input regarding your power situation, being as you live in an apartment it would be hard to have utility company disconnect power for you. And the main breaker will most likely be located in a main utility room elsewhere. I'm an electrician so if you have any questions you can PM me or send a message and I can try to give you some ideas. There is a chance that the room your in can handle the load of your set up, it all depends on what other rooms are sharing circuit with your room. A 15 A breaker you can safely use 1800 watts but if anything runs for more than 3 hrs its suggested to only utilize 1440 watts. If you can connect to a bath room circuit you should have 20 amps which gives significant more power. Hope this helps a bit. I forgot to add that generally you don't want to use an extension cord but if you do make sure its under 25' and a minimum gauge of #12 wire, its quite thicker than a standard cord and can handle the load. Also make sure you use a heavy duty timer and not the cheap hardware store ones if you use HPS

Hi and welcome to the forums, I just wanted to add some input regarding your power situation, being as you live in an apartment it would be hard to have utility company disconnect power for you. And the main breaker will most likely be located in a main utility room elsewhere. I'm an electrician so if you have any questions you can PM me or send a message and I can try to give you some ideas. There is a chance that the room your in can handle the load of your set up, it all depends on what other rooms are sharing circuit with your room. A 15 A breaker you can safely use 1800 watts but if anything runs for more than 3 hrs its suggested to only utilize 1440 watts. If you can connect to a bath room circuit you should have 20 amps which gives significant more power. Hope this helps a bit. I forgot to add that generally you don't want to use an extension cord but if you do make sure its under 25' and a minimum gauge of #12 wire, its quite thicker than a standard cord and can handle the load. Also make sure you use a heavy duty timer and not the cheap hardware store ones if you use HPS

I just tried to send you a PM but I haven't hit the 50 post mark and I think I've got quite a ways to go. I don't mind posting right here but if you have another method you know of I would love to ask you a few questions. I'll get to posting in the meantime.

UPDATE:

IMG_393510.JPG

Some stuff I got in the mail and at the local hardware store.

- FFOF soil
- Phantom 600w ballast
- Milwaukee ph meter
- Velcro for mounting mylar in the cloning area
- 4" ducting and some duct tape (hope 15 ft. is enough)
- I have cancer so I got some winter herbs to grow on my back porch. (Thyme / Basil / Cilantro / Greek Oregano / Parsley)
I wont bug you with anymore of that I just thought you guys and gals would appreciate it.

IMG_397013.JPG

Also got my Sun System Blockbuster hood in the tent and it fits nicely! :reading420magazine:
Now back to reading until I find that one strain that I just must have if you know what I mean...I'm being patient and doing tons of research on some of the breeders I admire.

That's an impressive start up collection of grow toys. My guess is you've been researching for the past 2 months already :thumb: That's the way to do it, good on you for being patient. It's not hard to do, but it helps a whole lot if you know what you're doing and when to do it. Sounds like you're following in my well researched footsteps, you'll do great, we'll make sure of it.

So you haven't got any seeds yet, eh. Hope you find your strain soon so we can get to some growing. Good luck on the search...

KiG :green_heart:cheers

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom