420 Magazine Background

Alzheimer's Disease: Preventing & Halting Progression With Ultra Small Doses

Alafornia

My heart goes out to you. :5: I’m newly moved into a retirement community in a non-legal state. There are neighbors here I’ve already grown to love falling into the abyss of Alzheimer’s, and I’m standing here, helpless to do anything more than offer CBD guidance.

A daily dose of 5mg of THC coupled with 5 mg of CBD and it’s possible the disease could be stopped in its tracks. It feels criminal, doesn’t it?

We’re not here to save the world or heal anyone. The goal is to share the knowledge as widely as possible and keep anticipating better outcomes than what we’re looking at. I plan to believe this madness is close to an end, and that’s the energy I’ll stubbornly hold to as we continue to spread the word that Alzheimer’s doesn’t have to be the dark hole our government has let it become.

I think if there are answers to be found they won’t be coming in on the frequency of frustration. :laugh2: I’ll keep wearing my rosy-colored glasses and anticipating positive change :4:
I'm with you. If I'm counting correctly 33 states have legalized at least some form of medical and the push is on for more. IOW, it is reaching critical mass and when the change finally comes it is likely to be rapid and radical. It is most definitely coming.

5 and 5 is exactly what I give my boys here, the youngest TID. I know it helps and would help her and others.

I find myself spreading the word as much as I can to break down whatever barriers remain in the minds of people. This is the best possible way, IMHO. Mostly an appeal to logos but with an strategic emphasis on the pathos and ethos to tie it all together.

May we win this war and soon.

onewarmguy

The receptors are for the endocannabinoids your body produces. It was the discovery that THC activates a receptor and the realization that this implied something the body produced was intended to activate this receptor system that led to the discovery of our homeostatic ECS.

We’ve known about anandamide and 2-AG for decades, and the pharmaceutical industry has worked furiously and fruitlessly to come up with synthetic molecules that would allow them to say, “We don’t need cannabis” the way they decided we didn’t need willow bark, or any of the other holistic modalities that help an ailing body heal.

We evolved to spontaneously heal, cell by cell, all across the body systems, and the endocannabinoid system monitors all of those systems and keeps them in balance using those receptors. It’s pure serendipity that cannabis can so efficiently mimic what our endocannabinoids do.
Heres a link to "Adam Ruins Everything - The Sinister Reason Weed is Illegal" It's meant as a quasi humorous take on on Cannabis laws but it's surprisingly well researched.

Oldgrowth

Sue thanks for the Alzheimers info. I have learned that Alzheimers is one of a number of neurodegenerative diseases. Not all have tangles but may be helped by cannabis use. I have learned about the subject trying to cope with my own disease, not Alzheimers, that is progressing steadily. There are a number of pieces on past research in the area. Here's one from Leafly that offers links to research and docs in this area. How Does Cannabis Consumption Affect Neurodegenerative Diseases?

About 20 % of such neurodegenerative diseases are undiagnosed but known from their symptoms. Perhaps mine - I hope it will be timely - will ultimately be understood sufficiently to come up with a name, some understanding and perhaps treatment. Now I am told by docs only exercise, increasingly difficult to do, may mitigate the disease. Not so far apparently.

If you have or suspect a neurodegenerative disease then you will find useful information Googling treating neurodegenerative disease with cannabis. Pax.

Alafornia

My mother saw the neurologist again recently. Each time they do a MOCA test for cognition. Her first score was 24. We quickly started her on CBD 18 mg once daily. The next score was 20. We increased to twice daily. Her latest score is 27. This actually puts her in the normal range for this test. Who knows what the future holds, but this is promising. THC is not a viable option at this time in her state.

SweetSue

Member of the Year: 2015 & 2016 - Member of the Month: Mar 2015, Sept 2016 - Nug of the Month: Oct 2017 - Creme de la Creme Photos: Dec 2016
My mother saw the neurologist again recently. Each time they do a MOCA test for cognition. Her first score was 24. We quickly started her on CBD 18 mg once daily. The next score was 20. We increased to twice daily. Her latest score is 27. This actually puts her in the normal range for this test. Who knows what the future holds, but this is promising. THC is not a viable option at this time in her state.
Wonderful news. And at o my 18 mg a day!

At least CBD is available. I’m of a school of thought that believes any cannabinoid assistance will help the ailing ECS to find its way back to healing. CBD is the major player in Alzheimer’s treatment, or so the research and data suggest. Are you planning to increase the dose at some point, or do you believe it’s having enough of the intended effect at this dose?

I have a neighbor who just got a diagnosis. I think I’ll have a word with her about starting a regimen when I get back.

Alafornia

Wonderful news. And at o my 18 mg a day!

At least CBD is available. I’m of a school of thought that believes any cannabinoid assistance will help the ailing ECS to find its way back to healing. CBD is the major player in Alzheimer’s treatment, or so the research and data suggest. Are you planning to increase the dose at some point, or do you believe it’s having enough of the intended effect at this dose?

I have a neighbor who just got a diagnosis. I think I’ll have a word with her about starting a regimen when I get back.
Certainly considering an increase. Start low, go slow and all; but it took a while to get my sis to go up from one to two a day. She finally did because of the sundowning. In my thinking and limited experience TID might be a better schedule. Thinking of growing some candida, having it tested, and shipping that (in a capsule) instead of spending so much $$. Have to make sure it qualifies as hemp before doing it.

SweetSue

Member of the Year: 2015 & 2016 - Member of the Month: Mar 2015, Sept 2016 - Nug of the Month: Oct 2017 - Creme de la Creme Photos: Dec 2016
Certainly considering an increase. Start low, go slow and all; but it took a while to get my sis to go up from one to two a day. She finally did because of the sundowning. In my thinking and limited experience TID might be a better schedule. Thinking of growing some candida, having it tested, and shipping that (in a capsule) instead of spending so much $$. Have to make sure it qualifies as hemp before doing it.
@InTheShed just had some tested. I don’t have time to chase it down right now.

InTheShed

Member of the Year: 2018 - Member of the Month: Jan 2018, Nov 2018 - Grow Journal of the Month: Aug 2018 - Plant of the Month: Oct 2018

Alafornia

@InTheShed just had some tested. I don’t have time to chase it down right now.
That was my inspiration.

Thanks for posting the results, @InTheShed .

I remember someone saying testing costs between $100-500. Sound about right? And can it be fedex'd since I'm in CA?

InTheShed

Member of the Year: 2018 - Member of the Month: Jan 2018, Nov 2018 - Grow Journal of the Month: Aug 2018 - Plant of the Month: Oct 2018

FeloniousPunk

The receptors are for the endocannabinoids your body produces. It was the discovery that THC activates a receptor and the realization that this implied something the body produced was intended to activate this receptor system that led to the discovery of our homeostatic ECS.

We’ve known about anandamide and 2-AG for decades, and the pharmaceutical industry has worked furiously and fruitlessly to come up with synthetic molecules that would allow them to say, “We don’t need cannabis” the way they decided we didn’t need willow bark, or any of the other holistic modalities that help an ailing body heal.

We evolved to spontaneously heal, cell by cell, all across the body systems, and the endocannabinoid system monitors all of those systems and keeps them in balance using those receptors. It’s pure serendipity that cannabis can so efficiently mimic what our endocannabinoids do.
I've never smoked willowbark!

Hi Sue, I trust you are well. Sharing a little of our sunshine with you to brighten your day!

FP. :peace:

SweetSue

I've never smoked willowbark!

Hi Sue, I trust you are well. Sharing a little of our sunshine with you to brighten your day!

FP. :peace:
:laugh2: I’m glad to hear combusting willow bark isn’t in your plans. Lol!

Thanks Felonious. You have a wonderful day now. :5:

Top Bottom