Alzheimer's Disease: Preventing & Halting Progression With Ultra Small Doses

Guy, you made my day. :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

I'm on vacation, or I'd have found this sooner. This is wonderful news. And it was a balanced ratio that worked, supporting the clinical reports that the 1:1 is what the body is most often asking for.

The CBDurban, do you have any idea what the anticipated terpene profiles are?

Honestly Sue, not completely sure. My girlfriend mentioned it smelled.rather sweet as I trimmed but other than that.....not really! All of the CBDurban has now been made into oil for David. He has some tests coming up this week so he is a little hesitant tocontinue taking his oil as he leads up to it....... I told him to make sure that he tells his doctor but I'm not sure that the doctor will be open to listening.

It’s medicine without dangerous side effects, made of molecules evolved to interlock precisely with his internal healing force. Basic biology, cannabinoids signal healing, cell by cell.

There’s no danger other than his doctor overloading him on questionable pharmaceuticals. That’s why his doctor needs to know. David doesn’t need his doctor’s permission to heal. His doctor works for him. Cannabis is a legal therapy where he lives, is that not correct?

The choice is David’s. If it were me I’d be sticking to the regimen. If he were my husband it wouldn’t even be up for discussion. I’d rather have a healing husband than a happy god-complexed doctor any day.

It’s been known in the medical profession since 2012 that you can positively effect Alzheimer’s with as little as one puff a day.

It’s also been known that 5 cups of coffee a day will have almost the same effect as that one puff.

A cup of coffee and a puff of cannabis. An excellent way to start the day and help keep your brain healthy. :battingeyelashes:

My pleasure Master. :hug:

We’re playing with methods of micro dosing that may be useful for you.

If you create an infused oil with a small amount of THC, say one that comes in around 10mg/ml or less, you can determine how many drops from a pipette make a single ml, and then create capsules with 1 ml, 3ml, and 5ml values of THC by counting the drops.

Label carefully, and you have the perfect vehicle for micro dosing. If you need to get the values even lower you can freeze the capsules and slice them down into smaller pieces.

You want to avoid the confusion of euphoria, but tap into the benefits of wellbeing. That requires some very teeny doses in some cases.

Good luck with your father. Alzheimer’s patients have been so responsive to cannabis therapies I expect it’ll be the first-line treatment before much longer.

Cannabinoid therapies call for lots of water to wash out the waste materials. As soon as a cannabinoid signals enzymes disassemble them for waste removal, and when you have lots of inflammation you use more cannabinoids and create more waste. Keep him hydrated. :hug:

:hug::thanks::hug:
Thanks again Sue. You are truly a wonderful person. I will certainly work with him to get a proper dosage as he is willing to give it a try. Of course everything is a little harder since I live in a state where it's still not legal.

Happy 4th to all!

Please keep us updated on developing the regimen and how administration goes. Detail helps enormously. :hug:

Looks like there will be a delay (at least a month or two) on getting him started. I'll try to give you an update when I know more.

All things in their right time. :battingeyelashes: :love:

Hey SweetSue, I had a meeting this afternoon with a client over a construction project (he was late), we got to talking and he said his grandfather suffered from Alzheimer's, this clicked on my own knowledge base and I mentioned the promise that CBD's are showing in retarding and sometimes reversing the progress of this nightmare illness. He immediately asked me to send him some information, he has a Phd in Pharmaceutical Sciences so his level of understanding goes WAY above mine, plus he's a really nice guy (I wouldn't be doing this otherwise). With your permission I'd like to copy/paste your transcript but I'd like to add some support for Dr. Smiths claims, do you remember if Dr. Smith cited any articles or studies I can send?
Thanks, I owe you one.

With your permission I'd like to copy/paste your transcript but I'd like to add some support for Dr. Smiths claims, do you remember if Dr. Smith cited any articles or studies I can send?
Thanks, I owe you one.

You have my permission to share anything I’ve written on medical cannabis. I don’t recall any articles cited by Dr. Smith, but I’m certain some exist. They’ve been using cannabis to treat Alzheimer’s for a few years now. There’s loads of data accumulating.

From a 2014 article in the Journal of Alzheimer’s Disease (vol. 42, no. 3, pp. 973-984, 2014):

The Potential Effects of THC on Alzheimer’s Disease

It shows how low-dose THC can effect the growth of toxic amyloid plagues.

And this one backing it up, titled

A molecular link between the active component of marijuana and Alzheimer's disease pathology. (Mol Pharm. 2006 Nov-Dec;3(6):773-7.)

I’m sure there’re more to be found. Good luck. :hug:

Thanks SweetSue, I tried reading "A Molecular link Between.... " LOL it left me in the dust after the first paragraph. So far over my head I couldn't see daylight. Sent it on to him anyway if he can't understand it there's no hope for any of us.
Might have to change my username to Oneconfusedguy.

I wish I knew then what I know now is a common refrain. My dad died from Alzheimer's and now my mom has it. She's getting CBD. I wish I could get her some THC as well, but her state doesn't allow it and circumstances prevent circumventing that limitation.

Thank you, @SweetSue for sharing the information you share. There is simply no way to place a value on it.

It’s been known in the medical profession since 2012 that you can positively effect Alzheimer’s with as little as one puff a day.

It’s also been known that 5 cups of coffee a day will have almost the same effect as that one puff.

A cup of coffee and a puff of cannabis. An excellent way to start the day and help keep your brain healthy. :battingeyelashes:
It's been known for much longer than that, the publication dates of some of the studies I've recently seen on the effect of CBD/THC on Alzheimer's go as far back as 1998. It's that damned Schedule 1 classification that's suffocated any widespread distribution of research results.

I have one question for consideration, if we already have cannabinoid receptors in our brains why and how did we develop them? It strikes me that evolution is a very efficient process and in general only beneficial mutations survive in our gene pool. If that's the case, it seems like the benefits of the noble herb may have been recognized by our DNA a few hundred thousand years ago, otherwise why did we develop the receptors?

It's been known for much longer than that, the publication dates of some of the studies I've recently seen on the effect of CBD/THC on Alzheimer's go as far back as 1998. It's that damned Schedule 1 classification that's suffocated any widespread distribution of research results.

I have one question for consideration, if we already have cannabinoid receptors in our brains why and how did we develop them? It strikes me that evolution is a very efficient process and in general only beneficial mutations survive in our gene pool. If that's the case, it seems like the benefits of the noble herb may have been recognized by our DNA a few hundred thousand years ago, otherwise why did we develop the receptors?

The receptors are for the endocannabinoids your body produces. It was the discovery that THC activates a receptor and the realization that this implied something the body produced was intended to activate this receptor system that led to the discovery of our homeostatic ECS.

We’ve known about anandamide and 2-AG for decades, and the pharmaceutical industry has worked furiously and fruitlessly to come up with synthetic molecules that would allow them to say, “We don’t need cannabis” the way they decided we didn’t need willow bark, or any of the other holistic modalities that help an ailing body heal.

We evolved to spontaneously heal, cell by cell, all across the body systems, and the endocannabinoid system monitors all of those systems and keeps them in balance using those receptors. It’s pure serendipity that cannabis can so efficiently mimic what our endocannabinoids do.

I wish I knew then what I know now is a common refrain. My dad died from Alzheimer's and now my mom has it. She's getting CBD. I wish I could get her some THC as well, but her state doesn't allow it and circumstances prevent circumventing that limitation.

Thank you, @SweetSue for sharing the information you share. There is simply no way to place a value on it.

My heart goes out to you. :hug: I’m newly moved into a retirement community in a non-legal state. There are neighbors here I’ve already grown to love falling into the abyss of Alzheimer’s, and I’m standing here, helpless to do anything more than offer CBD guidance.

A daily dose of 5mg of THC coupled with 5 mg of CBD and it’s possible the disease could be stopped in its tracks. It feels criminal, doesn’t it?

We’re not here to save the world or heal anyone. The goal is to share the knowledge as widely as possible and keep anticipating better outcomes than what we’re looking at. I plan to believe this madness is close to an end, and that’s the energy I’ll stubbornly hold to as we continue to spread the word that Alzheimer’s doesn’t have to be the dark hole our government has let it become.

I think if there are answers to be found they won’t be coming in on the frequency of frustration. :laughtwo: I’ll keep wearing my rosy-colored glasses and anticipating positive change :battingeyelashes:

My heart goes out to you. :hug: I’m newly moved into a retirement community in a non-legal state. There are neighbors here I’ve already grown to love falling into the abyss of Alzheimer’s, and I’m standing here, helpless to do anything more than offer CBD guidance.

A daily dose of 5mg of THC coupled with 5 mg of CBD and it’s possible the disease could be stopped in its tracks. It feels criminal, doesn’t it?

We’re not here to save the world or heal anyone. The goal is to share the knowledge as widely as possible and keep anticipating better outcomes than what we’re looking at. I plan to believe this madness is close to an end, and that’s the energy I’ll stubbornly hold to as we continue to spread the word that Alzheimer’s doesn’t have to be the dark hole our government has let it become.

I think if there are answers to be found they won’t be coming in on the frequency of frustration. :laughtwo: I’ll keep wearing my rosy-colored glasses and anticipating positive change :battingeyelashes:

I'm with you. If I'm counting correctly 33 states have legalized at least some form of medical and the push is on for more. IOW, it is reaching critical mass and when the change finally comes it is likely to be rapid and radical. It is most definitely coming.

5 and 5 is exactly what I give my boys here, the youngest TID. I know it helps and would help her and others.

I find myself spreading the word as much as I can to break down whatever barriers remain in the minds of people. This is the best possible way, IMHO. Mostly an appeal to logos but with an strategic emphasis on the pathos and ethos to tie it all together.

May we win this war and soon.

Back
Top Bottom