Alzheimer's Disease: Preventing & Halting Progression With Ultra Small Doses

The receptors are for the endocannabinoids your body produces. It was the discovery that THC activates a receptor and the realization that this implied something the body produced was intended to activate this receptor system that led to the discovery of our homeostatic ECS.

We’ve known about anandamide and 2-AG for decades, and the pharmaceutical industry has worked furiously and fruitlessly to come up with synthetic molecules that would allow them to say, “We don’t need cannabis” the way they decided we didn’t need willow bark, or any of the other holistic modalities that help an ailing body heal.

We evolved to spontaneously heal, cell by cell, all across the body systems, and the endocannabinoid system monitors all of those systems and keeps them in balance using those receptors. It’s pure serendipity that cannabis can so efficiently mimic what our endocannabinoids do.

Heres a link to "Adam Ruins Everything - The Sinister Reason Weed is Illegal" It's meant as a quasi humorous take on on Cannabis laws but it's surprisingly well researched.

Sue thanks for the Alzheimers info. I have learned that Alzheimers is one of a number of neurodegenerative diseases. Not all have tangles but may be helped by cannabis use. I have learned about the subject trying to cope with my own disease, not Alzheimers, that is progressing steadily. There are a number of pieces on past research in the area. Here's one from Leafly that offers links to research and docs in this area. How Does Cannabis Consumption Affect Neurodegenerative Diseases?

About 20 % of such neurodegenerative diseases are undiagnosed but known from their symptoms. Perhaps mine - I hope it will be timely - will ultimately be understood sufficiently to come up with a name, some understanding and perhaps treatment. Now I am told by docs only exercise, increasingly difficult to do, may mitigate the disease. Not so far apparently.

If you have or suspect a neurodegenerative disease then you will find useful information Googling treating neurodegenerative disease with cannabis. Pax.

My mother saw the neurologist again recently. Each time they do a MOCA test for cognition. Her first score was 24. We quickly started her on CBD 18 mg once daily. The next score was 20. We increased to twice daily. Her latest score is 27. This actually puts her in the normal range for this test. Who knows what the future holds, but this is promising. THC is not a viable option at this time in her state.

My mother saw the neurologist again recently. Each time they do a MOCA test for cognition. Her first score was 24. We quickly started her on CBD 18 mg once daily. The next score was 20. We increased to twice daily. Her latest score is 27. This actually puts her in the normal range for this test. Who knows what the future holds, but this is promising. THC is not a viable option at this time in her state.

Wonderful news. And at o my 18 mg a day!

At least CBD is available. I’m of a school of thought that believes any cannabinoid assistance will help the ailing ECS to find its way back to healing. CBD is the major player in Alzheimer’s treatment, or so the research and data suggest. Are you planning to increase the dose at some point, or do you believe it’s having enough of the intended effect at this dose?

I have a neighbor who just got a diagnosis. I think I’ll have a word with her about starting a regimen when I get back.

Wonderful news. And at o my 18 mg a day!

At least CBD is available. I’m of a school of thought that believes any cannabinoid assistance will help the ailing ECS to find its way back to healing. CBD is the major player in Alzheimer’s treatment, or so the research and data suggest. Are you planning to increase the dose at some point, or do you believe it’s having enough of the intended effect at this dose?

I have a neighbor who just got a diagnosis. I think I’ll have a word with her about starting a regimen when I get back.

Certainly considering an increase. Start low, go slow and all; but it took a while to get my sis to go up from one to two a day. She finally did because of the sundowning. In my thinking and limited experience TID might be a better schedule. Thinking of growing some candida, having it tested, and shipping that (in a capsule) instead of spending so much $$. Have to make sure it qualifies as hemp before doing it.

Certainly considering an increase. Start low, go slow and all; but it took a while to get my sis to go up from one to two a day. She finally did because of the sundowning. In my thinking and limited experience TID might be a better schedule. Thinking of growing some candida, having it tested, and shipping that (in a capsule) instead of spending so much $$. Have to make sure it qualifies as hemp before doing it.

@InTheShed just had some tested. I don’t have time to chase it down right now.

SweetSue calls, I respond!

I made infused EVOO oil from my Candidas and had it tested by a lab up in San Francisco. Here is how it came back:

cbd-oil-cannabinoid-analysis-jpg.1826788

Seems pretty close to hemp to me! I recommend Candida highly and so do a lot of growers here.

@InTheShed just had some tested. I don’t have time to chase it down right now.

That was my inspiration.

Thanks for posting the results, @InTheShed .

I remember someone saying testing costs between $100-500. Sound about right? And can it be fedex'd since I'm in CA?

The receptors are for the endocannabinoids your body produces. It was the discovery that THC activates a receptor and the realization that this implied something the body produced was intended to activate this receptor system that led to the discovery of our homeostatic ECS.

We’ve known about anandamide and 2-AG for decades, and the pharmaceutical industry has worked furiously and fruitlessly to come up with synthetic molecules that would allow them to say, “We don’t need cannabis” the way they decided we didn’t need willow bark, or any of the other holistic modalities that help an ailing body heal.

We evolved to spontaneously heal, cell by cell, all across the body systems, and the endocannabinoid system monitors all of those systems and keeps them in balance using those receptors. It’s pure serendipity that cannabis can so efficiently mimic what our endocannabinoids do.
I've never smoked willowbark!

Hi Sue, I trust you are well. Sharing a little of our sunshine with you to brighten your day!

FP. :peace:

I've never smoked willowbark!

Hi Sue, I trust you are well. Sharing a little of our sunshine with you to brighten your day!

FP. :peace:

:laughtwo: I’m glad to hear combusting willow bark isn’t in your plans. Lol!

Thanks Felonious. You have a wonderful day now. :hug:

Back
Top Bottom