Am I crazy or legit?

HappyOneHit

Okay, so me and my friend were talking and thinking about getting some really good highs like Northern Lights or Purple haze. I personally have never done anything with a certain name. So I talked to my dealer and asked about getting some NL or PH, and she just looked at me like I was crazy and offered me somethign else, but didn't say a name, just that it was "top 10 %".

I also notice that whenever I ask anyone around here about where the buds I buy come from they give me a weird look and say "I think its canadian, but I don't know for sure"

Am I crazy for asking stuff like this or are they legititmate questions

its perfectly fine to ask shit like that. . . but not alot of people know where the shit comes from unless they know the grower

The main reason I ask questions like that is trying to get a little comfort in knowing that the stuff I buy has passes through as few hands as possible. Call me paranoid, but its nice to know there aren't a lot people handling my weed

HappyOneHit said:
The main reason I ask questions like that is trying to get a little comfort in knowing that the stuff I buy has passes through as few hands as possible. Call me paranoid, but its nice to know there aren't a lot people handling my weed
So True

that sucks man i can normaly get strains up here like right now i have purple haze, it was dark green bud and there were like purple spotted with alot of red hairs, and im baked, iv smoked about two bowls of it and i plan to smoke more in a few minuets

Where I am from, we get really good pot and just throw a name infront of it based on how it looks to make rich kids pay more. We'll be like, this is the killer ass shit from arizona and these kids just buy it up. I have had amazingly good pot that people said was white rhino or what ever, but I highly doubt the pot was officially "white rhino". I mean how can you tell really? It doesn't matter what the pot is called, what matters is the high it provides.

I agree that it doesn't matter what the pot is called, but the high it provides. But me and this one girl want to smoke out this reallyrookie smoker with some bomb buds. Just looking to have a good time

The guy I buy from is a grower. He has been growing the same strain for over twenty years. He has no idea what the strain is, all he knows is that it's good. He sells me ounces for $250. Every couple of months he takes twenty pounds to California and sells it for $400 an ounce. When people ask what strain it is he tells them whatever they want to hear. Sometimes it's AK 47 sometimes it's White Rhino or something else. His customers are always happy because it's good weed. You can rarely tell what strain you are smoking even when you ask the grower.

agreed pot names are usually bogus, but most are very creative... the best name for pot i think i ever heard was "concrete leopard" anyone else heard of it?

i have a feeling that concrete leopard was just devised to rip you off

The best stuff I've had was 50 dollar "face melter". Hydrogrown, really dense and sticky. There were only 2 buds in the bag, but holy cow the only other time I've been that high was my first time. Me and my friend smoked out two other kids on the stuff.

I guess I'm not longer concerned with the names but the potency. Just gotta ask my dealers whats the most potent stuff they have cause I just get weird looks asking about strains and where it comes from

agreed pot names are usually bogus, but most are very creative... the best name for pot i think i ever heard was "concrete leopard" anyone else heard of it?

I have heard of it. I grow it.
It is a type of Kush. A Bubba and Master-Kush hybrid.
It's got a delicious and savory flavor, and is sugar-coated to the stem.
I'm smoking on some right now, in fact!
Potent fireee! :cool:

I have met a number of growers here, and they seem to fall into two categories: the cash croppers and the connoisseurs. Cash croppers go for volume. They don't hardly even keep track of what's what if they even grow more than one thing. Connoisseurs want quality and are are willing to sacrifice for it. They will have a valued collection and they can tell what strain is what whether in veg, in bloom, or a cured nug.

So you usually gotta know the connoisseur grower, or that and have only one middle-man who has a bit of a connoisseur mentality as well. They will know. Everyone else will bullsh*t you or just tell you they don't know.

Personally, I label the jar with not only the strain, but the specific plant and the date it was jarred. But I'm pretty particular, and I don't sell in any case. I'm a med user and I don't see any point in jeopardizing what is otherwise a tolerated grow. Myself, I tend toward connoisseur, but I'm not that good yet. I do know which strains make my knees feel better, which make me lie awake at night, and which ones make me feel like the whole world is a warm comfy pillow and zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

In the end, growing your own is the answer.

:peace:

I have met a number of growers here, and they seem to fall into two categories: the cash croppers and the connoisseurs. Cash croppers go for volume. They don't hardly even keep track of what's what if they even grow more than one thing. Connoisseurs want quality and are are willing to sacrifice for it. They will have a valued collection and they can tell what strain is what whether in veg, in bloom, or a cured nug.

So you usually gotta know the connoisseur grower, or that and have only one middle-man who has a bit of a connoisseur mentality as well. They will know. Everyone else will bullsh*t you or just tell you they don't know.

Personally, I label the jar with not only the strain, but the specific plant and the date it was jarred. But I'm pretty particular, and I don't sell in any case. I'm a med user and I don't see any point in jeopardizing what is otherwise a tolerated grow. Myself, I tend toward connoisseur, but I'm not that good yet. I do know which strains make my knees feel better, which make me lie awake at night, and which ones make me feel like the whole world is a warm comfy pillow and zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

In the end, growing your own is the answer.

:peace:

Exactly right I wish that was the way most pro legalization was aimed myself not at taxation and regulation make it illegal to sell but make it legal to grow and use that way whoever wants to smoke can but if the user wants to turn dealer throw the book at them . Make anyone who wants to grow legally for personal register each year for $50 and put all the dealers and cartels out of business , I personally feel its not that hard to grow your own if you want to take the time to read a book so there is no excuse for anyone not to grow there own if that was the legal way .

I remember people pricing huge bags of homegrown,aka "county pot" ,at 10 bucks an oz. in the 70's and not being sell it,people didn't want it. A couple of years later the same weed was being snapped up by outsiders as "Hawaiian" @ close to a thousand an elbow.

Thanks High Times!

Most local middage these days is seems to be various skunk strains by smell and effect. Got to give the folks what they want.

I like to walk by a park near work to hear the names the local dealers have for the same weed they're all selling.

Speaking of odd names a friend gave me a nice lil' 3-4 gram colita of something he called "Lemon Haze" for Xmas. It tastes like lemons,too. Good weed.

Back
Top Bottom