Am I Doing It All Wrong?

ImmersionNZ

Hi I'm a Noob.

I have a few questions and are hoping for some answers.

I have 1 indoor plant and one outdoor plant that quite recently had to become indoor because of security reasons.
They are both in 9 litre (2 gallon) buckets and are looking very well. The 2nd (indoor) plant was found as a sprout in my 1st (outdoor) bucket around 2 weeks after my 1st plant sprouted and i successfully transplanted it to an indoor setup.

Questions:

1.) The outdoor plant is now a month old (in vegetation) i guess and had to be moved indoors, but was
in darkness for about 3 days before i could do something to transfer to indoor lighting.
the question is, will it have activated to flowering?, it's currently under 12/12 light cycle.

2.) As this country i live in sucks for finding any CFL lights above 23watts i have 6 of them surrounding my two plants, (2 top, 4 at corners) the grow box is 8 square foot. will i need more lighting and how many more 23watt CFLs?.

3.) I started my indoor plant on 12/12 lighting since a seedling, should i leave it at 12/12 or can i change it to more light periods as i now have the other plant with it?

I think i have really messed up here and im wanting to fix it as soon as i can.

Thank you in advanced :)

23 W CFL will work but yes more the better i use 8 45W CFL to veg for three weeks then i flower under 1000w HPS if your having a hard time finding CFL try eBay and other online stores there have a shit load on the web i get my from homedepo. With the plant being 3 days in dark is not the end of the world but try not to do that if you can but ya shit happens. If your one plant is on a 12H light and your adding the out door plant keep it on 18/6 it will re-veg but it will take a long time but it will bounce back it will be under a lot of stress so baby her and you'll be fine make sure the PH is good and everything else less stress the better it will bounce back.

NZ: I use 23 Watts exclusively, a mix of soft white and daylight. Serpent is correct. The more bulbs the better. I use 10- 23 Watt (100 output) bulbs in a meter x meter veg area and 6 soft whites (yellow spectrum) in my closet for flower.

I am familiar with the difficulty with mailing some things across countries. The postal people get nosey and start inspecting packages. So, it's best to use what you can get where you are.

Sometimes you cannot avoid lighting errors. Think cloudy, rainy days, smoke-filled skies from a volcano hundreds of Km upwind, etc. The light intensity varies a lot outdoors, so a timer accident inside now and then isn't going to hurt anything.

Go with what the plant wants to do. I have had ladies in veg that insisted on flowering even under 18/6, so I had to switch them. And they are tough. Barring disease and mites, they'll do what they are supposed to do. :)

Thank you guyz for all your help and support, i now am facing with a dillema, the sex of the plant

my outdoor plant has been in 18/6 for a week now but i discovered a sack in the corners of the branches.
is it too early to tell the sex? i have a pic.

14ahmwp.jpg

Back
Top Bottom