Am I due a new pH meter?

the one or two substances i've used it on that are supposed to be an exact ph have been correct. i was just on another forum someone who has used bluelab for a while sais they are great pens but if you let them dry out they are trash. this may be my issue

Ok so the only thing with an exact ph someone told me was 2.4 for vinegar i used it on this and it was correct. any other ways to test my accuracy you can suggest? The fact that i calibrate one day then the next i go to recal and it shows 7.4 in 7.0 solution just made me think it's the pen. 100% i will take care of the next one
You might get pH4 and pH7 calibration fluids in your kit that's coming. If not that's what you need next.

the one or two substances i've used it on that are supposed to be an exact ph have been correct. i was just on another forum someone who has used bluelab for a while sais they are great pens but if you let them dry out they are trash. this may be my issue
This is what I read yesterday and why I mentioned it. The bulb is a special kind of glass and it's pre-charged ionically, which it loses if it dries. Is the tip replaceable?

I have the cal solutions that's how i was able to say it was reading 7.4 in my 7.0 solution. bought new bottles as they are known to expire but the same thing. Kit comes with the bottles also though you are correct. i'm going to look into that but i've purchased the new one already , if it turns out to be the probe and it's replaceable i'm just going to give it to my buddy who can save himself some coin on purchasing the whole pen. Thanks for your help much appreciated :)

I have the cal solutions that's how i was able to say it was reading 7.4 in my 7.0 solution. bought new bottles as they are known to expire but the same thing. Kit comes with the bottles also though you are correct. i'm going to look into that but i've purchased the new one already , if it turns out to be the probe and it's replaceable i'm just going to give it to my buddy who can save himself some coin on purchasing the whole pen. Thanks for your help much appreciated :)
No problem... I'm just in the process of learning this stuff myself. Concerning pH probes, Bluelab says: "If it dries, it dies". :)

You sure have gotten a lot of advice - storage solutions, 4.0 solution, 7.0 solution, batteries, two cheap ones, etc. - all sounds confusing to me.
No calibration required, inexpensive, and it's never wrong. Been using it for 25 years or more without any pH problems.
pH drops.jpg

Good luck to you.

You sure have gotten a lot of advice - storage solutions, 4.0 solution, 7.0 solution, batteries, two cheap ones, etc. - all sounds confusing to me.
No calibration required, inexpensive, and it's never wrong. Been using it for 25 years or more without any pH problems.
pH drops.jpg

Good luck to you.
Yes, it's simpler but it is subject to whether the nutrient solution is not too coloured to see the colour changes. I've got a HM PH-200 coming and have the Vitalinks Narrow Spectrum version (+-0.2) of the pH test. Time will tell which one I gravitate towards most.

The regular blue lab pens don't have a replaceable probe. I can let my Apera dry out without worry, but I take good care of my stuff and wouldn't want to put any undue stress on it. Blue lab will die.

The regular blue lab pens don't have a replaceable probe. I can let my Apera dry out without worry, but I take good care of my stuff and wouldn't want to put any undue stress on it. Blue lab will die.
Yea i just saw on their site "if it dries it dies" hahaha totally my own fault new one arriving tomorrow with appropriate care kit too. Thanks guys

Back
Top Bottom