Am I getting ripped off?

signman2007

Well the past 4 weeks I have been gettin my medicine from a care giver but the past 2 weeks the weed (northern lights) has been really moist like the branches don't even snap when you bend them over moist. Now when I finish curing them I lose about 7 grams off an ounce...WTF!!!! The OZ I just picked up today has been grown from seed because there are male plant buds in there with the rest, you know the really wispy ones that would hold all the seeds but these don't have seeds..well not all of them anyway. One of the buds produced a seed so that tells me these were not grown from clones right??? Well my price on an OZ of the northerns is $275 so what do you guys think am I getting ripped or what?

Re: Am I getting ripped off???

I think if you are paying for an oz., you should get an oz. of dried and cured cannabis. Just think, you got ripped a 1/4 oz. on that bag you just got.

I think if you are paying for an oz., you should get an oz. of dried and cured cannabis. Just think, you got ripped a 1/4 oz. on that bag you just got.

Kinda my fault because I was in and out of there and I just trusted them because the past ones have been on the money but now I feel like they are trying either to make more money by selling it wet or they can't keep up with the demand and they pulled the harvest too soon. I feel like this weed should be cured more than this. It smokes really good and its really strong couch high but still man thats my hard earned money! I think if they are going to despense MMJ it should be top notch and not half assed!

That means they are re-hydrating the bud. See the thing about some great weed out there is that it's very light and fluffy(some) When you put an ounce up in front of you it looks massive! You think to yourself, hmm all that weed is only an Oz?? So they spray it with water and hydrate it over night and they have another 1/4 outta it.

This is not good man that really ticks me off. Well my little ladies(hopefully) are all sprouting up so in a few months I will be harvesting my own and not paying these guys anymore....:partyboy:

You might want to talk to them the next time you are there. (The theory that the herb was re-hydrated is a theory based on second hand information.)

If they are a quality operation, they'll appreciate the feedback from a customer. Honest buisnesses appreciate customer complaints/feedback. (It gives them a chance to keep a customer rather than loosing them.)

If they get all defensive (assuming you weren't accusitory) that will show their attitude towards their customers.

The bit about the stem bending sounds like they harvested too soon.

Man I sure hope that you don't live in CO. If you have designated a caregiver in CO and you pay for your medicine, you must be crazy. I was a caregiver and never charged anything to grow for my friends.

Man I sure hope that you don't live in CO. If you have designated a caregiver in CO and you pay for your medicine, you must be crazy. I was a caregiver and never charged anything to grow for my friends.

WCT the only reason I am paying for this weed is because I am just getting my operation up and running. I am here in colorado and these guys are located in the building where I saw the doctor that prescribed me with MMJ. So it was a great convienience for me but now I am wondering about the quality. I will say something next time to see where they stand. If it is the same way I will pass on it. They will sell me NL's or Blueberry for $275 an OZ and then they have the better strains that go for $350 an OZ so its going to be delightful to have my own growing about 10 feet from my head while I am lying in my bed........! :smokin:

It is likely these guys are selling it before the cure is done to conserve smell and eye candy, and also give useres time to keep it and still have it really fresh in a few weeks.

I guess if I lived in California still, I would have 25 different strains all begging to be kept fresh. So it would make sense to me to have some bud that was not quite cured in exchange for longer shelf life. Personally I think 250 an oz. is plenty for those guys to stay in business.

It is likely these guys are selling it before the cure is done to conserve smell and eye candy, and also give useres time to keep it and still have it really fresh in a few weeks.

I guess if I lived in California still, I would have 25 different strains all begging to be kept fresh. So it would make sense to me to have some bud that was not quite cured in exchange for longer shelf life. Personally I think 250 an oz. is plenty for those guys to stay in business.

You know boss i never really thought of it like that. I know that kind is very brittle when completly dried so you may very well be right as to why they have it wet. Don't you think they should throw some more in there to make up for the OZ being wieghed when wet. I have lost 7 grams on an OZ after I let it finish curing. Maybe they should sell their OZ's at 35 grams then...haha!

i must be a total bumpkin...slapping myself in the head...out here people are hard pressed to get $150/oz for bone dry chrons of the dankest shite on the planet!

i must be a total bumpkin...slapping myself in the head...out here people are hard pressed to get $150/oz for bone dry chrons of the dankest shite on the planet!

Man out here on the streets an oz for any kind of dank weed goes for $400 an oz and up!!

I'm bitchin when I have to spend $160 an ounce for better than usual quality around here. I think it's just certain areas that have high prices because when I lived in WI, the people selling hydro from Madison were trying to get me to buy for $400 an O and at the time, I could get a QP for $350. It wasn't quite as good and I had to drive 3 hours, but considering I got 4 times as much, it was well worth it to me.

signman, there are a few local growers who are trying to bring down the $400+ dealers... I suggest tryin to find one. They're banding together to sell outdoor chron at like 330 an o. Its fantastic stuff. Really is.

330 an o for outie??? fuck me man. it's almost impossible to even sell outdoor here . even the bomb shit. i give it to people for work trade and christmas. i asked my girlfriends kid(19) what an oz of outdoor was worth ; he said if it was a 1 oz frosty cola he'd pay about a hundred for that.

signman, there are a few local growers who are trying to bring down the $400+ dealers... I suggest tryin to find one. They're banding together to sell outdoor chron at like 330 an o. Its fantastic stuff. Really is.

Well if you have any leads hit me on a PM...

The beauty of supply and demand :)
That is why I grow! I want a beautiful supply of pot and I demand to get medicated everyday!

Back
Top Bottom