Am I over-watering this autoflower roughly 5-10 days old I am worried it is dying I feed it 1.25ml per 1l still on 1st of feed please help

First off, your seedling looks fine. Don't stress too much. Until the 3rd set of true leaves (you are on your second) the seedling will take its nutrients from the very first set of leave which are used by the young plant for food (they are called the cotyledon and will yellow and drop off soon). You can give them nutes now if you want - but only at very low strength. What is more important if you are growing with coco and under LED, is CaliMag. Give it 300 EC (600ppm) of CaliMag every day (I give my plants CaliMag every day up until the 4-5th week of flower).

If you want to get the best results, get yourself a PH pen (strips are OK but with Coco and other hydroponic methods of growing it is important to be as precise as possible). You also need an EC/PPM meter so you know how much feed you are giving.

As stated a good PH to aim for is 5.8 (feed in the morning) although throughout the grow I give a range of PH - 5.8 one day, 6.1 another day etc, as this way different nutrients can be absorbed more effectively. The PH range for Coco is 5.5/5.6-6.2.

EC/PPM: At this stage, keep the TOTAL PPM of your feed under 700-750. You can bump it up in increments of 100 PPM at a time if they are responding well (and they have at least 3-4 sets of true leaves)

Feeding practices: I feed an hour after lights on. Feed just enough so you get a little run-off each time. Make sure you have good drainange (are there big enough holes at the bottom of your pot? Do you have stones at the bottom to assist drainage?). By the time my girls are at their 4th node, they get fed twice a day. It is impossible to overwater coco (if you have good drainage) - just don't keep it soaking wet.

Seedlings: When I started out growing, I found that growing in coco under LEDs was a nail-biting experience during the first 15-20 days of seedling life. I was constantly fretting over the plants but I soon found out that growing with coco and LEDs requires a lot more CaliMag than say earth and HID lights. Coco needs to be "conditioned" - I pre-feed my seedling pots once or twice with RO water and 600 PPM of CaliMag and some root stimulator (rootbastic or similar) before I transplant the germinated seed. Once the plant has 3-4 sets of true leaves (not counting the cotyledon) and/or the leaves are growing over the edges of the pot, I transplant.

There is an excellent thread on growing in coco by Cultivator here How to grow in Coco: Feed schedule
It is a long read, but well worth it. Good luck!

Forget the meter. I've been using the GH pH drops for over 20 years with never a problem. No calibration, no calibration solutions, no storage solution, no cleaning solution, and most importantly - the drops are never wrong.
81DoDUCChBL__SL1500_.jpg

Forget the meter. I've been using the GH pH drops for over 20 years with never a problem. No calibration, no calibration solutions, no storage solution, no cleaning solution, and most importantly - the drops are never wrong.

Do you u
81DoDUCChBL__SL1500_.jpg
yes they are ok but I like a bit more control so for e.g. I am able to maintain 6.2-6.3 which I find ideal for last few weeks of flowering for my strain. Also I have problems with distinguishing colours on the strip. I have had my ph meter for four years now. I only use one bottle of storage solution per year (no cleaning solution needed and the meter calibrates with a push of a button). I used to use calibration solution but have found this is not needed as long as the meters sensor is kept moist with storage solution. I have found it to be a simple, accurate and inexpensive way of maintaining strict ph control (useful when growing different strains and in cloning and breeding).

I used Color Drops for PH, all during my first grow. Now I have both a pen and the color drop kit, I use the color drops - to make sure my coco feed is 5.8 ph - because the only problem with Ph pens is calibration. So every now and then I check to make sure both methods "mesh"! You came to the right spot, there are so many people here to help. You "little lady" looks very happy, so You've done a great job so far, keep it up!

First off, your seedling looks fine. Don't stress too much. Until the 3rd set of true leaves (you are on your second) the seedling will take its nutrients from the very first set of leave which are used by the young plant for food (they are called the cotyledon and will yellow and drop off soon). You can give them nutes now if you want - but only at very low strength. What is more important if you are growing with coco and under LED, is CaliMag. Give it 300 EC (600ppm) of CaliMag every day (I give my plants CaliMag every day up until the 4-5th week of flower).

If you want to get the best results, get yourself a PH pen (strips are OK but with Coco and other hydroponic methods of growing it is important to be as precise as possible). You also need an EC/PPM meter so you know how much feed you are giving.

As stated a good PH to aim for is 5.8 (feed in the morning) although throughout the grow I give a range of PH - 5.8 one day, 6.1 another day etc, as this way different nutrients can be absorbed more effectively. The PH range for Coco is 5.5/5.6-6.2.

EC/PPM: At this stage, keep the TOTAL PPM of your feed under 700-750. You can bump it up in increments of 100 PPM at a time if they are responding well (and they have at least 3-4 sets of true leaves)

Feeding practices: I feed an hour after lights on. Feed just enough so you get a little run-off each time. Make sure you have good drainange (are there big enough holes at the bottom of your pot? Do you have stones at the bottom to assist drainage?). By the time my girls are at their 4th node, they get fed twice a day. It is impossible to overwater coco (if you have good drainage) - just don't keep it soaking wet.

Seedlings: When I started out growing, I found that growing in coco under LEDs was a nail-biting experience during the first 15-20 days of seedling life. I was constantly fretting over the plants but I soon found out that growing with coco and LEDs requires a lot more CaliMag than say earth and HID lights. Coco needs to be "conditioned" - I pre-feed my seedling pots once or twice with RO water and 600 PPM of CaliMag and some root stimulator (rootbastic or similar) before I transplant the germinated seed. Once the plant has 3-4 sets of true leaves (not counting the cotyledon) and/or the leaves are growing over the edges of the pot, I transplant.

There is an excellent thread on growing in coco by Cultivator here How to grow in Coco: Feed schedule
It is a long read, but well worth it. Good luck!
wow man you took the words right out of my mouth solid info here !!!

IMHO, get a meter, coco is too finicky to depend on strips, them sucker are for a swimming pool.

Hello , if you plan on growing get a ph pen (meter) and ppm pen (meter e.c.) these are a must for any kind of cannabis growing indoors , key word MUST !!, These will save you countless headaches down the road !!

During my first grow, I was literally "growing blind"! I didn't have a decent ppm meter or ph pen. I used color drops, and was quite happy.

Now in my 2nd grow, I'm finding out just how "blind" I was.

I now have a really nice ppm meter, and a decent ph pen. I'm sure it's a coincidence - but my plants this time are 4x larger than they were at this time last grow. I now know exactly what I'm giving my ladies, and they tell me that they are quite happy.

In my first grow - I struggled to produce 1.6 ounces!

In my 2nd grow with PHPen, and PPM meter: I now have 6 ounces of trim in my freezer, and will have double that by the end of today! These plants are still in Veg state, they have been "topped" now 4x - and will go into bloom in 2 weeks.

I have learned so much here in this forum, from so many people - but having decent equipment so that I know what I'm doing "right" or "wrong" - makes a huge difference.

It's a very good thing that we just bought a freezer, because I am so "overproducing" - compared to my first grow.

I just emptied my freezer and weighed the marijuana trim from my 2 Afghani Kush and 2 CBDCritical plants - I now have over 7 ounces
of trim. As mentioned - when operating blind - I managed 1.6 ounces. These lovely ladies haven't even gone into bloom yet.

Attachments

• Ladies (4) Jan 26 2019.JPG
    Ladies (4) Jan 26 2019.JPG
    735.3 KB · Views: 33
Always ph the nutrient solution at the end as the nutrients change the ph. Rhizotonic raises ph, silica raises ph, a + b lower ph etc.

Back
Top Bottom