Am I ready to harvest? If not how much longer?

Brock15

420 Member
4F980AD6-2C28-40EA-8B31-0410D6EFA082.jpeg
AC79B82B-DBCD-447A-B878-EFFFEB2E5D79.jpeg

Short answer, NO, they're not ready. You want to wait until all the pistils are red/orange and crinkled and dry. You should pick up a jewelers loop to examine the trichomes. They need to be cloudy, with some amber, not clear. The more amber the more couch lock, so if you want an energetic high harvest when the trichs are all cloudy, if you want more couch lock, wait until 10-30% of the trichs are amber. You've got several weeks to go. Waiting is the hard part, but in the last couple weeks the buds will swell and add size/weight.

Been in flower about 6 weeks, about 75% of the pistils have turned amber and the leaves left on it are starting to droop
They were talking about the TRICHOMES turning cloudy then amber not the pistils. That is where the loop comes in handy, to see the Trichomes.

Pic of Trichomes below

trichomes.jpg

The pistils / hairs all need to shrivel and turn orange or red / brown

They were talking about the TRICHOMES turning cloudy then amber not the pistils. That is where the loop comes in handy, to see the Trichomes.

Pic of Trichomes below

trichomes.jpg
I have a jewelers loop, one of the pictures I posted was with the loop, mine only has 60x magnification and I’m not sure if I’m just not using it right but I can hardly ever see the trichomes themselves

I have a jewelers loop, one of the pictures I posted was with the loop, mine only has 60x magnification and I’m not sure if I’m just not using it right but I can hardly ever see the trichomes themselves
Yes it is hard to see them with a loop. I use a digital microscope that I bought on the Zon for around $30.

60X should be fine, it's what I've used for years. It's almost impossible for me to get a good close up picture through a jewelers loop (especially with my shaky hands), I bought a lens that clips on my cell phone for pictures. There are also small camera friendly microscopes you can get. You pretty much have to get your face right on top of the loop/bud to see trichs well, and as I age it becomes increasingly difficult.

Been in flower about 6 weeks, about 75% of the pistils have turned amber....
Saying "about" 6 weeks is like saying it has been in flower for 4 weeks up to maybe 7 weeks. Went through that myself a few times. Now I find it easier to put the plant into the flowering tent and write the date down on a piece of masking tape which gets stuck to the side of the pot. Knowing the exact date makes it easier to keep track of how the plant is progressing.

I am going to hazard a guess that there are 4 weeks left. The exact time left does depend on what you would like to see in the harvest.

...and the leaves left on it are starting to droop
This might be nothing than the plant needing more water now that it is in its most intense period of growing; or it could be the start of a minor problem. A photograph showing the entire plant from the side would help some of the more experienced growers get an idea of what is going on, if anything.

Hey @Brock15 cute lady my friend.
All those white pistols have to turn red and crinkle in before she is finished flowering.
Get a journal going and we can help you through flowering
Probably another 5-6 weeks.
At the top where it says tittle.
Hope you are well my friend.

Stay safe :cheesygrinsmiley:
Bill

Back
Top Bottom