Am I ready to harvest?

She looks to be still sprouting nice white pistils, you are likely still another 2wks until they are ready mate.

Yes, you can make oil or hash out of the trim and small bud. As for trying fresh cut bud, put it in a paper bag on top of your fridge for a few days and then you can try it, but it will likely be harsher than the same bud after a cure.
She looks to be still sprouting nice white pistils, you are likely still another 2wks until they are ready mate.

Yes, you can make oil or hash out of the trim and small bud. As for trying fresh cut bud, put it in a paper bag on top of your fridge for a few days and then you can try it, but it will likely be harsher than the same bud after a cure.
Hi @thecelt hope your are well ive attached some pics any chance you can give me some knowledge if this one girl is ready for the chop..

Attachments

• Photo on 27-09-2020 at 12.58 #3.jpg
    Photo on 27-09-2020 at 12.58 #3.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 29
  • Photo on 27-09-2020 at 12.59 #4.jpg
    Photo on 27-09-2020 at 12.59 #4.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 33
  • Photo on 27-09-2020 at 12.59 #3.jpg
    Photo on 27-09-2020 at 12.59 #3.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 31
  • Photo on 27-09-2020 at 12.59 #2.jpg
    Photo on 27-09-2020 at 12.59 #2.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 28
  • Photo on 27-09-2020 at 12.59.jpg
    Photo on 27-09-2020 at 12.59.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 30
  • Photo on 27-09-2020 at 12.57.jpg
    Photo on 27-09-2020 at 12.57.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 31
  • Photo on 27-09-2020 at 12.56 #3.jpg
    Photo on 27-09-2020 at 12.56 #3.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 31
  • Photo on 27-09-2020 at 12.51 #5.jpg
    Photo on 27-09-2020 at 12.51 #5.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 33
  • Photo on 27-09-2020 at 12.45.jpg
    Photo on 27-09-2020 at 12.45.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 36
  • Photo on 27-09-2020 at 12.48.jpg
    Photo on 27-09-2020 at 12.48.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 32
Some like theirs more amber but she is in the harvest window for sure. If it’s a tall plant then you could do staggered harvest take tops and half of middle buds now and then wait for other half of middle & lower buds to fatten up for a week or two. If it’s a smaller plant then you could take it all down now..... But I defer to what you see & know about your plant and how this fits into your personal preference for smoke. But yes you could chop her right now

Hi guys I've put it under the micro scope and these are the pics I got. 11 weeks into harvest. Please tell me I'm ready lol to my knowledge and research they look milky cloudy so seems like they are ready. Thank you
Remember too, its all a preference! What type of high do you want! I love milky to just starting amber! Milky 75% Amber 25% Ratio!! Plus as you wait for color change, an added benefit is, your buds are still growing, getting plumped up and out baby!! Peace friend and enjoy the hell out of those girls!

Nice job, saw a few clear ones, tons are cloudy and I saw a couple of amber.

Thank you..So what does that mean ready for the chop?

It means some trichomes are immature, most are at peak potency, and some are degraded / past peak potency. Ideally, you would have been checking them daily for a while, so that you could harvest when your buds had the greatest number of cloudy-headed trichomes as possible. And maybe that's now. Maybe it was yesterday, or the day before. Maybe it'll be tomorrow, or...

They weren't all "born" on the same date, so they don't reach peak potency at the same time. At the - for lack of a better term - beginning of the end phase, you'd see no amber, some cloudy, and most clear. Then you'd see no amber, more cloudy, and most clear. Then some amber, even more cloudy, and less (but still a good number of) clear.

This progression continues. You want the highest number of cloudy-headed ones - but that means that some of the earliest to mature will already have passed their peak potency. Which is okay, because you've still got clear-headed ones that are maturing to cloudy-headed.

But then you reach that perfect harvest time. The time when you do have the most cloudy-headed trichomes you're going to see. You will - probably - still have a few clear-headed trichomes (because, again, they weren't all created at the same time). And those would, of course, eventually mature to cloudy. However, it's the... edge, so to speak. "Tomorrow," You'll have less cloudy-headed trichomes than you do "today." Because the number of cloudy ones that went amber is more than the number of clear ones that went cloudy. The point of diminishing returns.

Make sense? People post trichome pictures (hopefully of the ones on their plants' flowers, not the leaves) and ask, "Is this ready to harvest?" We can't truly answer that from just one set of pictures. Yes, I know this goes against what many people say. We can tell you if it would be okay to harvest. And, yes, what you have pictured does look like it would be okay. But we can't know whether the part that is shown in pictures is at its peak potency. Because that's not a final destination - it's the very top of a curve. It's like... If you jump as high as you can, and someone takes a picture. Hey, great picture! He sure is high (lol). But is he still rising? At the maximum height? Or already heading back down? You'd need a series of pictures for that. Well, ideally, you'd have a video. Or at least a great many pictures. <SHRUGS> With cannabis, checking your plants once per day at lights-on is generally accepted as sufficient. They don't jump mature so fast that a person has to sit there in the garden all day long at the end of the flowering phase, constantly checking.

Some folks don't try so hard to get the harvest date exactly right. Just like some cooks don't pay all that much attention to the fire/heat level or how long their steak is cooked. The bud is probably okay, and the steak probably is, too.

But then there are chefs. . . .

Hi guys I've put it under the micro scope and these are the pics I got. 11 weeks into harvest. Please tell me I'm ready lol to my knowledge and research they look milky cloudy so seems like they are ready. Thank you
pull it now that's going to be a body like you have never had

Back
Top Bottom