Amateur grower in southern Oklahoma

.... you can use it up to week 7 flower in my experience. Maybe go longer, but I didn’t. If you wash yer buds at harvest, you can go all the way through.
It also acts as a plant conditioner, so they will look better than ever. Hands down a must.
Okay, thanks man. I’ll definitely try it out and stay posted.

Look up Beneficial Nematodes, they'll take care of your pest problem...and if you need help I'm fairly close, but not cheap :rofl:
Nematodes.JPG
Okay thanks, I’m not sure why I’ve never heard about using this. Ill definitely try it out. I’m desperate for anything that will work, with out hurting my plants.

Okay thanks, I’m not sure why I’ve never heard about using this. Ill definitely try it out. I’m desperate for anything that will work, with out hurting my plants.
Yes sir, that's the idea. I don't like spraying anything on my plants. This mixes with water and you just "water" your plant like normal, and they'll live as long as there's an insect to feed on :thumb: ...not to mention I sprayed the remainder of mine on my yard around the house, and "barely" had any flies, mosquitos, or any type of bug during the spring/summer months , and I live on 10 acres near a lake so the bugs can get bad, good luck and I hope you get that under control :snowboating:

Those won’t do anything for spider mites though. That’s more for pest in yer soil.
AgroMagen and Castile soap.

Spider mites have been a real bitch. Over the past 4 months. I’ve used nuke’em, Neem, Mite Masacre, months of 209, bush doctoc, trifecta, mildew cure (for the garlic), NS killer, and still these bitches make my plants droop and turn yellow. Nothing works. The 209 keeps them at bay on my bigger old stuff, but does nothing for my 1 gallons.
The one big thing I noticed is that it looks like you have a perpetual style of growing there because of the layout of a group of plants of one size and another grouping of a different size. In the first msg you mentioned two locations and I am not sure if the second one is a separate building on the same property or somewhere else. Where it is might play into getting rid of the mites.

The only way that seems to work for 100% eradication of mites is to completely empty any growing area and washing every surface down and letting it dry for a couple of days. That is kind of hard to do with a perpetual grow.

I have fought a mite infestation for two years now and am close to having the problem under control. When at the local grow and hydroponic stores I would ask for opinions and ask for explanations of why the staff recommended any particular product. I would even ask other growers who were buying any Mite product how they were doing with mites and if they had any success. They would say that it was hard to get rid of them unless they shut down so they were happy with keeping the mite population under control.

More than one of them gave their biggest tip. It was to spray every day for 3 days, take a day off and do another 3 days. Then go to a spray every 3 days for several times to kill off stragglers which had escaped the first group of sprays. Then
they recommended a spray every 7 days, week after week.

I use Neem and for all spraying sessions unless the plant is within 2 weeks of harvest. Then I use Nuke Em for those plants. Both of them are organic products and not chemical. Spray the buds or flowers heavily. Mites hide in the flowers and under all those small sugar leaves. The flowers can be washed when the plant is harvested if the possibility of there being some organic spray material still being there.

From what I have read and from what other growers say the trick is to do the frequents sprays to get rid of as much of the mite population as possible and then to maintain a 7 day schedule, no skipping because of a holiday or having a cold or any reason.

Or, strip out everything from the rooms and buildings, getting rid of all the plants. Then spray away and sterilize every surface area, maybe twice. Then start over with new plants, preferably from seed. Oh, and hope for the best 'cause mites can be carried in on skin, clothes, shoes or hair. Then the problem starts over.

Good luck.

The links don't work on the picture so I went to the web site for the NemAttack. The stuff is for soil borne insects and no where on the web site did it mention mites or spider mites. Mites are a leaf insect. They live their entire life on the leaves, from egg to hatching to chewing insect then to laying the next batch of eggs. Oh, when not laying eggs they occupy their time by chewing on the leaves.

The only time I know of where mites become a soil insect is when they die and fall off the leaf and land on the soil.

The one big thing I noticed is that it looks like you have a perpetual style of growing there because of the layout of a group of plants of one size and another grouping of a different size. In the first msg you mentioned two locations and I am not sure if the second one is a separate building on the same property or somewhere else. Where it is might play into getting rid of the mites.

The only way that seems to work for 100% eradication of mites is to completely empty any growing area and washing every surface down and letting it dry for a couple of days. That is kind of hard to do with a perpetual grow.

I have fought a mite infestation for two years now and am close to having the problem under control. When at the local grow and hydroponic stores I would ask for opinions and ask for explanations of why the staff recommended any particular product. I would even ask other growers who were buying any Mite product how they were doing with mites and if they had any success. They would say that it was hard to get rid of them unless they shut down so they were happy with keeping the mite population under control.

More than one of them gave their biggest tip. It was to spray every day for 3 days, take a day off and do another 3 days. Then go to a spray every 3 days for several times to kill off stragglers which had escaped the first group of sprays. Then

I use Neem and for all spraying sessions unless the plant is within 2 weeks of harvest. Then I use Nuke Em for those plants. Both of them are organic products and not chemical. Spray the buds or flowers heavily. Mites hide in the flowers and under all those small sugar leaves. The flowers can be washed when the plant is harvested if the possibility of there being some organic spray material still being there.

From what I have read and from what other growers say the trick is to do the frequents sprays to get rid of as much of the mite population as possible and then to maintain a 7 day schedule, no skipping because of a holiday or having a cold or any reason.

Or, strip out everything from the rooms and buildings, getting rid of all the plants. Then spray away and sterilize every surface area, maybe twice. Then start over with new plants, preferably from seed. Oh, and hope for the best 'cause mites can be carried in on skin, clothes, shoes or hair. Then the problem starts over.

Good luck.
This is some of the best advice I’ve been given. Yes we have a perpetual grow. A 1200sqft building divided into 2 flower 1 veg 1 dry room. And then 50 yards from it there is 400 sqft prefab multipurpose shed that is divided into 2 rooms. Only 1 entrance to either building and to each room. (So I walk through other rooms to get to other rooms.) not ideal. We have little shoe booties on the way and have been spraying our feet and clothes and hands with an alcohol solution before Entering and leaving to help with sanitation. We really are not prepared to shut down and do a deep cleaning, so I will try your way. I have and use nuke’em and neem as my main 2 sprays. I usually wait 2-3 days before I spray again as to not damage the plant to much, but by that time their usually already back and sometimes webbed. Thank you for the ttp’s.

This is some of the best advice I’ve been given. Yes we have a perpetual grow. A 1200sqft building divided into 2 flower 1 veg 1 dry room. And then 50 yards from it there is 400 sqft prefab multipurpose shed that is divided into 2 rooms. Only 1 entrance to either building and to each room. (So I walk through other rooms to get to other rooms.) not ideal. We have little shoe booties on the way and have been spraying our feet and clothes and hands with an alcohol solution before Entering and leaving to help with sanitation. We really are not prepared to shut down and do a deep cleaning, so I will try your way. I have and use nuke’em and neem as my main 2 sprays. I usually wait 2-3 days before I spray again as to not damage the plant to much, but by that time their usually already back and sometimes webbed. Thank you for the ttp’s.
I am jealous but I will get over it. It is a nice set-up.

Good luck.
Research how Neem is actually made, you’ll never use it again on your plants. if you truly want to get them under control, and not spray nasty oily chemicals on your plants, use the process I’ve lined out.
I promise you will have the results you desire. Neem can be harmful to humans, where I would drink Agro And not worry. It’s like coconut milk.

I did a lot of research because I had a massive infestation. Everyone said Neem this, Neem that. It did not work, caused a big oily mess in my room, and was just nasty. Don’t waste your time with it

Read the SDS and tell me you wanna smoke that crap

Sorry so passionate but I fought this issue in a major way and decided to really research it. I used 20,000+ Predator mites, 1,000s of lady bugs, Neem, you name it. I found what actually works

To those that have been fighting them for years... try AgroMagen. They will be gone after 2-3 sprays. Again, it’s like spraying a milk conditioner on your plants. You won’t be disappointed. Neem is junk.

You can buy it on Amazon.
Mix according to how heavy the infestation is. Treat every other night. Follow the directions and soak the plants.
after the third treatment, spray once a week or less, alternating between Agro and Bonners Castile unscented soap.

I have beaten the mites, and with this I don’t worry about them anymore. I maybe spray once a month now, just because it’s smells good and makes the plants look amazing. Trust me.

Those won’t do anything for spider mites though. That’s more for pest in yer soil.
AgroMagen and Castile soap.

Well @MrFrosty ... I've only been growing since '07. so I don't claim to know it all, like some people do, but, I have common sense, and common sense would dictate that those mites didn't just spontaneously appear on your plant...spider mites will usually come in your medium...soil, coco,.. etc...So therefore one would think they have to go through the soil to get to your plant, and yes you may have to spray the nematodes on the underside of the leaves...SOMETIMES...I use the nematodes...when I drop my bean sprouts into soil, to moisten said soil, but also as a preventative, because spider mites are a bitch to kill, but if only 1 mite gets these parasitic nematodes on it, they'll kill the whole colony :thumb:

Research how Neem is actually made, you’ll never use it again on your plants. if you truly want to get them under control, and not spray nasty oily chemicals on your plants, use the process I’ve lined out.
I promise you will have the results you desire. Neem can be harmful to humans, where I would drink Agro And not worry. It’s like coconut milk.

I did a lot of research because I had a massive infestation. Everyone said Neem this, Neem that. It did not work, caused a big oily mess in my room, and was just nasty. Don’t waste your time with it

Capture01.JPG

Sorry so passionate but I fought this issue in a major way and decided to really research it. I used 20,000+ Predator mites, 1,000s of lady bugs, Neem, you name it. I found what actually works

To those that have been fighting them for years... try AgroMagen. They will be gone after 2-3 sprays. Again, it’s like spraying a milk conditioner on your plants. You won’t be disappointed. Neem is junk.

Mix according to how heavy the infestation is. Treat every other night. Follow the directions and soak the plants.
after the third treatment, spray once a week or less, alternating between Agro and Bonners Castile unscented soap.

I have beaten the mites, and with this I don’t worry about them anymore. I maybe spray once a month now, just because it’s smells good and makes the plants look amazing. Trust me.
Looking for a Canadian supplier of the AgroMagen. Amazon.ca does not have it. Anybody know of a CDN supplier?

Thank you again. I have both ordered. And will let you know the results.

From one Okie to another, welcome aboard! The advice I'll offer is kinda after the fact, but it will help prevent future outbreaks. It's already been said, but deserves several repeats, and that is clean....clean....clean....
I have found cheap bleach goes a LONG way in ensuring an environment that no insect wants to be in. Another sure fire way to create a problem is to mow your lawn then tend your plants. Ask me how I know....
At the end of each grow, walls, floors, lights, fans, dehumidifier and AC's (indoor) get wiped down with a bleached spiked solution. I hate critters in my garden so I want my garden uninhabitable by anything other than my girls or me. Another thing that helps me is running hydroponics through Hydroton. I don't have anywhere near the issues I used to have, plus using this media allows one to react to changes or needs spontaneously, unlike other media I have used.
:ganjamon:
Please keep us posted. I'll be following your grow!

Bubble gum on the 1st one, super skunk? (Tag was smeared clean from watering) on the second one. 3/4 Roots and 1/4 happy in 5 gal Smart pots 3 month veg, 8 week flower Florescent to bestva. Solo/1 gal/5 gallon

Attachments

• 7FE1BC2A-CD1A-490F-ABBB-00A8BC2B0938.jpeg
    7FE1BC2A-CD1A-490F-ABBB-00A8BC2B0938.jpeg
    1,001.7 KB · Views: 238
  • D7DA840F-CE70-42E4-BBDC-98C3437120D4.jpeg
    D7DA840F-CE70-42E4-BBDC-98C3437120D4.jpeg
    826.9 KB · Views: 234
Back
Top Bottom