Amateur orange crush grow < pics updated

chuck

whats up everyone..this is my first grow and i was looking for some insight on how my plant is growing. i got some orange crush seeds from a medical clinic in venice and i germinated them and planted one. im not expecting anything huge..this is just a first experiment so i can try to teach myself the ropes =]
here she is

i just have her in a nice sunny spot on my patio and i water her regularly. i forgot when i planted her. i think maybe 3 weeks ago.

any input on how shes doing? (hopefully a female lol)

thanks,
chuck

Re: amateur orange crush grow < pics

sorrry havent really gotten used to the site.
here they aree:

Picture_0095.jpg

Picture_0058.jpg

Picture_0136.jpg

Picture_0112.jpg

Picture_0124.jpg

Picture_0105.jpg

Picture_0074.jpg

Re: amateur orange crush grow < pics*updated*

thanks! i was worried when she was younger because the wind were knock her over all the time, so i make a little reinforcement with sticks. she seems to be holding up nicely on her own now.

how much longer before i can determine sex?

I'm sorry man, but your girls fucking hot!! :smokin:

:peace:

Looks like it could use some more light. In the direct sun or no?

Hmm. Well, the growth is very healthy. Any idea on a fertilizer yet? That soil may not have much in it.

I'm not sure but I think you might be slightly over-watering. I believe your plant is old enough by now to handle a wet/dry watering schedule... which is watering as usual until you get slight runoff from the bottom drainage holes, and then allowing the soil to dry until the top 3/4 inch or so is moisture free. As you do this the roots will grow vigorously searching for water.
Always check with the tip of your finger as the soil can look dry but still contain tons of moisture just centimeters below the surface.

today i started the wet dry cycle. i watered her until a few drop came out of the bottom. how often should i water it like this? everyday? every other day?

maybe in a couple weeks i can determine sex?

It all depends on how fast your surrounding environment dries out the soil! Are those one-gallon containers? A rough guesstimate would be every 3 or so days... like 420oclock said, over time you will develop a knack for knowing when to water based on your observation of the pot's weight.

Pre-flowers will usually appear after 5 weeks of growth...
If you were to use only 1 nutrient in addition to watering I would highly suggest Fox Farm's "Big Bloom" which is organic and contains extremely low levels of things that could burn your plants. Hit your nearest hydroponic store or get it online and mix 1 1/2 tablespoons per gallon of water in vegetative mode, then 1 tablespoon per gallon throughout flowering.

You should see explosive results with your new watering schedule =)

Oh and make sure you're using distilled/filtered(or bottled) water, municipal water contains high levels of chlorine that can really hurt your plants' growth and uptake of nutrients.

You cannot water on a set schedule. You need to water "when dry". It will vary with the root system's growth, temperature, and relative humidity. My current grow was being watered about once every 10 days for a while, now it is averaging every 4 days. But, I water when dry, not according to some schedule.

ohh haha! makes sense. its a pretty good temperature outside..around 75deg.
ive also been looking into adding honey or molasses to my water..input?

Back
Top Bottom