Amateur - Trying Small Tent DP White Widow Fem

it looks like you have several problems going on, i would stop using the pH powder you have and get a liquid pH solution meant for hydroponics. it could be all pH related.

here is a pH nutrient availability chart

pH_chart7.jpg

here is a cannabis leaf deficiency chart

cannabis_leaf-deficiencies31.jpg

i hope this helps you.

yeah I have been suspecting pH for a while now. I have been looking at that exact leaf chart for weeks now, but thanks for putting it in my grow journal! that's convenience! The leaves looked like multiple problems but only like one symptom of each! This is why I have been so confused!
And I have been looking at pH charts for ages too but my problem has been the shitty soil meter I have been using (2 probes looks like one copper and one zinc or something and a needle in a green plastic case at the top, switches for moisture, light and ph) combined with the shitty medium I planted in... and by the sounds of it, also the fish tank ph crap. Now, hydro stores don't exist in these parts, not for at least 100km, so I have to order pH from ebay or somewhere similar. In light of this, should I go back to pHing with the lemon juice for now? I have a digi meter now I just have to calibrate it. and where should I ph for with the coir and perlite mix? looks like just try to stick around 5.8 from the chart. so will go with that next watering, which should be in a day or two. The beanz are still just beanz so I have a day or two before I have to pot them also. Will be keeping 5.8 in the back of my mind as a mantra now I think... oh and she's not dead yet also, and the smell in the room has suddenly increased. I took off a couple more dead leaves and the smell was stronger when I rubbed them than it has ever been before this happened. I just hope she greens back up! how long do you think it should take considering the root damage etc? Will order pH up and down this week. hope to have it by next weekend...

Ok update for the pix...
Just updated my BW and SHIT thread... Which for some reason is now called Mr Nice - Black Widow... and thats it??? the shit was too offensive??? blagh... anyway... took pix of her... and thought I would heed a little more advice since the coir seemed drier than today, cause I took a ph earlier with the shatty garden tester and it read up near or over 7 depending on where it was!
I weighed up the dangers v the pros and decided to go with a watering (light) but THIS time, I went with a 1/4 AN dose with a tiny pinch of epsom, and PH'd with lemon juice fresh from the lemon, using my digi pH meter for the first time... and I have not been adding enough pH down to my water... I had to squeeze out 3 good squirts, probly about 15 ml total to get the PH to exactly 5.8 on my newly calibrated meter... stirring each time of course! PPM meter was at about 700. I gave her about a litre, it was JUST enough that about 10 min later a tiny bit of water leached out the bottom into the tray. No peroxide, no bullshit, just a 1/4 dose of base nutes and some magnesium cause she still looks pretty bad...
BUT it does look like, after a couple more hours, that she is picking up a little and actually I think the main top has actually grown a few millimeters for the first time in 2 weeks!
PIX:
IMG_0400_1_1.JPG
IMG_0401_1_1.JPG
IMG_0403_1_1.JPG
IMG_0406_1_.JPG
IMG_0404_1_.JPG
IMG_0410_1_1.JPG
IMG_0409_1_1.JPG

There are a couple of fresh ones of the clones in there as well for good measure, should be roughly in chronological order...
The 1st cutting looks like not rooting, I teased some coir away and have revealed that in 2 weeks there has been no rooting whatsoever... cut off the bottom 2mm and re-dipped in the hormone just for the hell of it... hope the other one has better success!!
see ya in a few days or something!

Oh and I just ordered me a 250ml each of ph up and down from a hydro store interstate but in the country, thing is, the PH down listed its active ingredient as CITRIC ACID! I had to laugh... so I now assume the lemons aren't hurting anything... I will be glad to get something made for this purpose though...

i would use the lemon juice you have gone back to until your pH regulating chemicals arrive. pH 5.8 for coco coir and other soiless mixtures. i understand that coco coir usually needs additional calcium supplemented. when i pH adjust my water i let it wait for 1-2 hours then have to re adjust it as the calcium and other minerals in my tap water buffer my pH down too much for it to remain stable.

from what i have read, i would get a liquid calcium supplement to add to the coco coir. when i switch to my reverse osmosis system for my water source i will need to supplement my calcium and magnesium to compensate myself. there is a thread for coco coir you may get more information from and ask your questions in.
Lets Talk Coco! Organics & Salts

ok a short post with latest pics...
She has been switched to 12/12 as of today 2/6 and I purchased a trace elements soluble formula which I mixed with weak sensi bloom 2 part and ph'd to 5.8.
either the coir/perlite is really, really good or that pH perfect is working really, really well cause I checked the runoff water and it is still EXACTLY 5.8 about 3 hrs after feeding! I am gonna love the Sensi Bloom I think, will take out half the flowering problems I would have had I reckon... THANK YOU Advanced Nutes. Seen about half the ppl on here bag you for overpriced nutes and the other half say it is worth it... I am in the latter category I think.
anyway, pix

each time you see the clones is pretty much a new day up till today....
The new clones are about 2 days old now. took them just before going 12/12 on the WW doner.
IMG_0411_1_.JPG
IMG_0412_1_.JPG
IMG_0413_1_.JPG
IMG_0414_1_1.JPG
IMG_0416_1_1.JPG
IMG_0417_1_1.JPG
IMG_0420_1_2.JPG
IMG_0421_1_1.JPG
IMG_0423_1_1.JPG
IMG_0424_1_1.JPG
IMG_0427_1_1.JPG
IMG_0430_1_.JPG
IMG_0439_1_1.JPG
IMG_0440_1_2.JPG
IMG_0441_1_1.JPG

well the black widow and shit seeds are gone... dampening off i believe... I got a bagseed a week ago though and it is now healthy and sprouting... go figure... bet it's male... either way, I NEED the practice on something I didn't pay for!

Anyway I haven't taken pix in a couple of weeks cause she is changing so SLOWLY!
Will take some in a day or two and post...
she is 2 weeks into flower today... and blow me with a bilge pump... she seems completely female!
I am actually seeing flower tops starting to form!
Only question now is how much will I get and how good will it be! She has put on about an inch of stretch... still TINY... I HOPE for an ounce but i am betting on more like a half... if that... which sucks... but its a start!
I am thinking that, since she is my only mature plant of good genes, she is going into re-veg in the veg room after harvest and we will see if I can make her more healthy this time and maybe even get a living clone or two!
anyway, bed time for me... pics next post...

ok a couple of pics...
took them about 15 min ago...
IMG_000579.JPG
IMG_000762.JPG
IMG_000857.JPG
IMG_000954.JPG

As you can (hopefully) see...
I HAVE BUD!
and so far (fingers crossed) she is still ALL WOMAN!
all I see is little crystal covered white hairs sprouting from all over!
If she makes it another month I will have officially gotten her past the point I had to pull my 1st and only grow years ago because of spidermites... not much chance this time as she is inside! And I haven't spotted a bug since changing to coir and perlite... so win there!
You will also notice that she no longer droops... she picked up about a week after being put in the peat, I guess the roots started growing again!
She has had a couple of weak feeds with sensi bloom with a dash of extra part A jungle juice to try to green up the leaves... and last feed she also got a little more fresh trace elements... that was yesterday... she seems to be doing pretty good for a stunted plant! I am hoping for a re-veg after harvest! maybe I can get her a little taller!?!?!?

very disappointing about the black widow and shit seedlings, good that you have more seeds for future grows. you may need to raise your High Pressure Sodium light, i believe your plant is at the bulb.

thanks, I think i'm ok though, unless you think the yellowing is continuing because i am too close?
All available info says 6-8 inches as long as there is a fan... and i think I am right in that butter zone, maybe the angle on the pic was deceiving? I regularly put my hand between the bulb and my girl and I still have about 2 or 3 inches to go at least before it feels hot...
If you think that is still too close please let me know though and I will move it! I am just worried about her not getting EHOUGH light if I go higher cause she is only under 250W...
But by all means please post if you think I should move it, and how far you think... and I will do it post haste!
In case you didn't see the other thread, thanks and I voted and did the sig thing!

your probably right about the angle of the photograph, if you can place your hand underneath and can not feel any heat from the bulb ou are fine. if your tops begin to yellow you are too close and your buds are getting bleached out.

Quick update, took a couple of pics with lights off and flash...
I may have overdone it with the trace elements, so she got some fresh water yesterday.
These where taken yesterday. The buds are actually really hairy and there are heaps of trics coming out!!!
IMG_001050.JPG
IMG_001147.JPG

MUCH better photos with the flash.
Might have to do it this way from now on!

ok been a couple of days since the last 'pix where took... and I managed to get in 2 min before the light switched on so I got some flash stuff and some with the light just warming up... and one that is a mix of the two... most of the ones with the orange tint should look more in focus as the camera could actually focus on something instead of black...

I'll just roll em out...
IMG_001440.JPG
IMG_001548.JPG
IMG_001643.JPG
IMG_001953.JPG
IMG_002053.JPG
IMG_002149.JPG
IMG_002249.JPG
IMG_002341.JPG
IMG_002440.JPG
IMG_002548.JPG
IMG_002640.JPG

IMG_002743.JPG

As you can see, even in the 2 days since the last pics... she is actually doing something that I can see day to day! MOAR BUUUUDZ!!!
Mr/Ms Bagseed is still slowly growing, and i mean SLOW...
And I might have had a miracle! 1 or maybe even 2 of the clones off this bitch appear to have roots!
They aren't growing yet but they where just sticks in the soil last week when I tugged on them and they almost came out of the pot, and now, there is this very slight resistance to them coming out... I have my nuts crossed for this one! We ain't dead yet!

Ok I waited till I heard the click of the lights and took a few quick snaps with the flash on and the (warming up) lights to focus with.
The leaves are still burning from the middle out and then going yellow and falling off...
I tried a dose of micronutes, didn't seem to do much... then a weak feed with AN grow as the yellowing was a concern... Then I gave her another weak feed with the sensi bloom which seemed to burn my tips out so last night I gave her a couple litres of fresh water ph to 5.7 (she's had 5.8 for a month... thought it was time to switch it up a point...)
Can't seem to stop the dying fan leaves though... not too many left! though the buds are green with an awesome white frost... as you can see...

IMG_002846.JPG
IMG_002938.JPG
IMG_003042.JPG
IMG_003135.JPG
IMG_003234.JPG
IMG_003336.JPG
IMG_003435.JPG

MMMMM.... Froooooosty....
anyways I have given up worrying about the dead leaves this late in the game... I am over 4 weeks into flower!
another 4 weeks or so and I should be able to harvest!
another week or so and I will be past the point I had to chop last time... abut 6 weeks or so...
If she dies, she will die giving me the last she has... if not I might be able to re-veg!
She may have a disease though... I just don't know but nothing I am doing seems to be helping so I am just going to give her another week of fresh water, then another dose of sensi bloom... then she gets fresh water till she is ready... and if she lives through that... more GROW and more light!

P.S. That seedling, after taking more than 3 weeks to properly germ... is FINALLY growing!
I pulled it over to the side and tied a garden tie around it cause if it's a girl I will want her trained horizontal as much as possible...
I put it in the flower tent for a couple of nights to give it a HPS kickstart, and since then she likes me much more...
She is now responding well to 24 hr fluoro...

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom