Amend Bill C10 Canada: Change Pardon/Record Suspension Back To 3 Years For Summary Convictions

Mama Z

A friend of mine was recently charged and convicted of driving under the influence of Cannabis. After all is said and done, fines, suspension, and criminal conviction. It was an honest mistake where no harm was done and now he may lose his job and with the criminal conviction will not be able to integrate back into society with a better paying job for at least 5 years. Like the penalties weren't enough?? Less than 10 years ago the duration was set at 3 years. Do anyone else on this forum support it being changed back to 3 years?? Now it makes it nearly impossible for one to move forward with their lives in a positive, criminal free way. Not only that, but now other social systems will be overloaded and making it 5 years proves absolutely nothing. Your thoughts??

Sorry Mama Z, but Chris is absolutely right. If you can't do the time, don't do the crime. I think a five year wait for a pardon to be quite reasonable.
I hate to be cynical, but I know what the cops have to prove in court for a driving under the influence of cannabis conviction and I doubt very much if it was an "honest" mistake; he thought he could get away with it and didn't. Tell your friend to put on his big boy pants and suck it up, he's lucky it didn't happen in the US, down there a similar conviction would follow you for life.

Funny

People join, post stuff like this, then never come back

If you really want feedback stick around

Could be that they're looking for sympathy and don't like the replies they get Chris. I've noticed that some comments can get pretty savage for some of the lamer posts. Some of us may be a little blunt myself included. :rolleyes:

Could be that they're looking for sympathy and don't like the replies they get Chris. I've noticed that some comments can get pretty savage for some of the lamer posts. Some of us may be a little blunt myself included. :rolleyes:

I agree 1000%

But usually , if they don't like it, you see that they logged back in

I think it's the society we live in these days

No one walks up hill, in the snow, both ways to school anymore.... Kids are coddled tooooooooo much

Back
Top Bottom