American Stockbroker Sets Record For Cannabis Consumption With 115,000th Joint

An American stockbroker has one of the world's most prolific cannabis smokers — thanks to a constant supply of the drug to treat a rare bone disease.

Fort Lauderdale stockbroker Irvin Rosenfeld will tomorrow smoke his 115,000th joint - and it's all legal.

The 56-year-old has been provided with cannabis by the government since 1982, when he became a patient in the Federal Drug Administration's Investigational New Drug Programme.

'I would be bedridden without it': Irvin Rosenfeld has been supplied with cannabis by the government since 1982

Rosenfeld suffers from multiple congenital cartilaginous exostoses, which causes severe pain which can be alleviated by the drug.

He has been receiving 300 joints of the drug every 25 days for the past 27 years, NBC Miami reported.

'I would be bedridden without it, if I would even be alive,' he insisted.

'I shouldn't have been alive and I'm still alive, I take no other medicines, I'm in great shape because of the cannabis. It's just sad because the medicine's there.'

Rosenfeld says he does not get 'high' on the drug, nor does it make him hungry.

He said: 'No munchies, no munchies, nothing other people get. A lot of patients don't get high.'

He added: 'There are people who have been raised to think it's the devil's work, they'll always be against it.

'If you truly think marijuana's as bad as you think it is, explain me.'

The first marijuana coffee shop in the US has opened in Portland, Oregon.

The premises allows people prescribed marijuana by a doctor a place to buy and smoke the drug, although they have to remain out of public view.

It is technically a private club, but is open to any Oregon residents who hold official medical marijuana cards. There are 21,000 patients registered to use marijuana in the state.

News Hawk- Ganjarden 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: Mail Online
Copyright: 2009 Associated Newspapers Ltd
Website: American Stockbroker Sets Record For Cannabis Consumption With 115,000th Joint (And It's All Legal)

I hope he lives as pain free and as fully as he can, try another 115,000...

the healing of the nation

He said: ‘No munchies, no munchies, nothing other people get. A lot of patients don’t get high.’
And all this time I thought i was trippin. That cleared that up, lol. I do get high when introduced to a new strain or if I refrain from medicating for like a week. I read somewhere (forgot where) that the gov grows schwag in Mississippi for this program. There are only a handful (literally) of patients receiving cannabis from the government. So I guess U have to be doomed for an early death, know some1, be some1, or have money to get their (U.S. gov. support).
The first marijuana coffee shop in the US has opened in Portland, Oregon.
Dunno bout that one. How old is this article?

Federal Gov. Cannabis Recipients

i believe he is the last living patient that was on that govt program.

This is 4 years old
I've heard that eight people obtain marijuana for medical purposes from the federal government. How can someone apply for permission to use federal marijuana?
In 1991, the federal government closed the program that allowed the seriously ill to obtain legal access to marijuana. That program -- the Compassionate IND program -- was the only means by which individuals could obtain federal supplies. Twelve individuals were receiving supplies in 1991 and they were "grand fathered" when the program was closed. Four individuals -- all AIDS patients -- have died. The remaining eight continue to receive supplies.

The Compassionate IND program was closed because too many people were asking for access to medical marijuana supplies. In order for marijuana to be classified as a prohibited Schedule I drug it must not have "accepted medical use in treatment" in the United States. The federal government knew that hundreds of approved Compassionate INDs would quickly undermine that criteria and marijuana would have to be rescheduled. Rather than respond in an honest and open way, the federal government closed the Compassionate IND program for marijuana.
Got it from another site. Don't think its cool to post the link here though.

Back
Top Bottom