AmGrowR's Second Attempt

AmGrowR

Well I'm finally back with another grow!:slide: Went out last night to get all my supplies and threw a couple beans in some seed starter to germinate. I've been saving a handfull of beans from some different good buds that I've come across so I'm hoping for a female(or two)this time. :Namaste:

I will be growing in my closet with cfl's and soil.
I'll post pics as soon as I get sprouts.

Until then.......:roorrip:

Thanks HempRocket. It's always nice to have someone following. I've been checkin your grow out also and I'm very envious.

Well I'm still waiting on the seeds to sprout so I'll give some details on the grow.

Lights: 6-42w cfls (2700k)
Medium: Organic Choice Potting Mix
I also just went and grabbed a humidifier because I found out the rh in my closet was around 39%. So $18.00 later my closet is at 65% and I'm happy again.

The plan so far is to keep them short(cfls= no light penetration)
I really believe SCROG is the best way to go when using cfls but to tell you the truth it looks kinda hard and I don't think I am ready for that yet. So I plan on lst'ing to keep them short and bushy. An even canopy height is the main goal in this grow. And of course some buds!

Hey AmGrowR, I too had thought about SCROG but decided very recently to go for LST. I am using CFLs as well so I feel ya on trying to get an even canopy. Hope you don't mind some more company..I see that HempMissle is already here...before me...again. Just kiddin' he's a great guy to have around and has helped me a lot!

:goodluck:

-dime

Hey AmGrowR, I too had thought about SCROG but decided very recently to go for LST. I am using CFLs as well so I feel ya on trying to get an even canopy. Hope you don't mind some more company..I see that HempMissle is already here...before me...again. Just kiddin' he's a great guy to have around and has helped me a lot!

:goodluck:

-dime

dime is a good guy too, very funny. check out his grow for some laughs as well as some nice looking girls! :)

Thanks guys. Glad to have you all here. Everyone's Welcome!
And all input is appreciated.
Oh, I've been checkin' out dimes grow. Definitely beautiful girls.

UPDATE: One of the two seeds I planted popped up earlier!!:slide:
If the other one doesn't sprout I'll just do one plant for now. I haven't totally lost hope yet, though. So here are a couple pics of the sprout and my setup so far. Enjoy!
DSC061261.JPG

DSC061291.JPG

DSC06130.JPG

Hello, I was just thinking... You could take a large diameter white plastic bowl, cut a hole in the bottom just large enough to fit the end of your extension cord through it, then slide it down to the splitter and have an inexpensive reflector to push all that light down. Maybe put a few small holes (3 or 4) around the top for ventalation and your good to go.
Hope this makes sense ;)

Congrats on the sprout!

I'm in for the ride. What kind of nutrients will you be feeding to them?
:popcorn::goodluck::popcorn:

Welcome, Cheeforest. I'm not quite sure what nutes I'll be feeding them. I guess whatever I can find at HD. I don't know of any hydro stores in my area so I don't have access to top quality stuff. A big reason why this grow is happening is that I finally just broke down and grabbed some MG Organic Choice potting mix. I know shame on me, but it says it only feeds up to 2 months so I'll still give it a good flush before I use it and go from there.
Does anyone have any suggestions of nutes I might be able to find at HD?

Hello, I was just thinking... You could take a large diameter white plastic bowl, cut a hole in the bottom just large enough to fit the end of your extension cord through it, then slide it down to the splitter and have an inexpensive reflector to push all that light down. Maybe put a few small holes (3 or 4) around the top for ventalation and your good to go.
Hope this makes sense ;)

Congrats on the sprout!

Thanks dime. That's a great idea. I've been thinking of what I could use as a reflector and all I could come up with was maybe a piece of cardboard cut to fit and some mylar on it but a large bowl may be the way to go.

Thanks again, dime.

Thanks dime. That's a great idea. I've been thinking of what I could use as a reflector and all I could come up with was maybe a piece of cardboard cut to fit and some mylar on it but a large bowl may be the way to go.

Thanks again, dime.

No problem, figured if it works..great, if not...you're only out a couple of bucks and fifteen minutes.

But... it should work!

:thumb:

Well, I guess it's time for another update. The other seed still hasn't popped up so I guess I'll just grow one for now. I have it on a 24/0 light schedule and the temps in my closet are staying right around 76 F while the humidity is 60-65%. So far, so good. I hope it stays that way!
DSC06148.JPG

Update time. So my seedling is now six days old and I'm seeing a white substance on the leaves. I'm not sure if it's PM or not. If you click on the pic of the sprout to blow it up the substance I'm referring to becomes much more visible. If I could find out what that is it would be most helpful. The other seed (that I gave up hope on) appeared at the surface of the soil the other day and there was a taproot coming out so I stuck it back in the soil and gave it a drink so hopefully it still does pop up sometime soon.

Also my buddy gave me two seeds he found in a nice batch of some Sour Diesel! I'm just going to be starting and taking care of them for him until it gets a little warmer so he can transplant them outside. He started germing them in a paper towel and when he gave them to me one already had a taproot coming out and the other didn't. So I put them both into soil and now I'm just hoping for the best!:goodluck::goodluck:

6 Days
DSC06178.JPG

Sour Diesel Seeds!
DSC06181.JPG

My Closet
DSC06182.JPG

Do you have a mini microscope or jewelers loop that you can use to see the white stuff? Don't want to scare you but It almost looks like fungus or mites but it's hard to tell unless you can get a bit closer. I had a small bit of powder fungus on my girls from having a humidifier too close, but it didn't really look like what you have there.

Awesome. Thank you, both, very much!
A little scope is definitely something I have to invest in.
Maybe they're trichs! ;)haha

Love the cats. Wouldn't worry about the white stuff unless it gets much bigger or spreads.

Thank You, Cheeforest. I'm not going to sweat it. I just really want this to be my first succesful grow and I freaked out a little when I saw something that may be a problem.

Back
Top Bottom