Amin420 First LST Attempt - Pineapple Chunk, Critical Kush, Bagseed - Soil/LED/Indoor

Re: Amin420 First LST Attempt - Pineapple Chunk, Critical Kush, Bagseed - Soil/LED/In

What's up, growers!
So after my last photo update (after my vacation) I was so happy with how much they grew, I wanted to leave them be for a couple more days. I went in this morning to check on them and it paid off .
I took some before and after training photos-
Group shot of my gals Before:
420-magazine-mobile753941728.jpg

(top left: bagseed #1, top right: bagseed #2, bottom left: pineapple chunk, bottom right: critical kush)
Group shot after:
420-magazine-mobile1620583379.jpg

(top left: bagseed #2, top right: bagseed #1, bottom left: CK, bottom right: PC)
Got some one on one photos too!
Pineapple Chunk before:
420-magazine-mobile1721988516.jpg

PC after:
420-magazine-mobile1669868111.jpg

Like I said before, I kept my cutting to a minimum. I think I only took off two fan leaves. Needed the light, to keep track of direction and to slow growth a bit. The top 3 TOPS, I want to leave tied where they are. Obviously they're going to grow straight up. They're going to out grow the others by far. Any idea on how I can keep all the tops the same height? Do I have to keep bending them in other directions?
Critical Kush before:
420-magazine-mobile1443962845.jpg

CK after:
420-magazine-mobile834502277.jpg

I loooooove the way she's growing. Still trying to keep that star shape but she's got a few more points- but I'm not complaining .
Bagseed #1 before:
420-magazine-mobile335623975.jpg

Bagseed #1 after:
420-magazine-mobile148935530.jpg

This is my crazy girl. She's growing so fast and I haven't cut on her as much- with the exception of today. This morning I cut off about 10-15 little fan leaves. Again, I wanted to get more light and slow down growth.
(So I totally forgot to take the before picture of Bagseed #2, MY B) but I got the after-
420-magazine-mobile847390456.jpg

I may have forgotten to take the before photo but the before and after wouldn't look too different from one another. She's my little runt but I still have hope!
I'm going to continue to check on the babes everyday BUT I think I'm going to leave them alone for 3 days at a time before training, for a while. Each branch grew about 2 inches or more and I love it! It won't be too long before they've all reached the rim of the pot! Like I said, I'm going to leave them be another 3 days and I'll be sure to update! ✌️

Re: Amin420 First LST Attempt - Pineapple Chunk, Critical Kush, Bagseed - Soil/LED/In

Your plants are beautifuuulll!! I've done FIM & Top even on my first plant. I only topped her once and she grew into this giant Y . With these guys, I've only FIMed and topped them once so far but since I'm training these babies, they're taking on a totally different shape. I'd love to try super crop next time and SCROG looks super interesting to me but I'm a little apprehensive to try SCROG because I don't like the idea of not being able to get to where I need to on my plants. I'm super limited on space right now but if I ever get a full room to grow, I'd love to try that out too .

Currently I have 3 tents (had 4 but gave a friend one) in my tents I have 2 5*5*7 ft tents and 1 4*3*7 ft tent, one veg Mars Hydro reflector 192, flower LEC 3k 315w and mar 192, my third tent is for cloning, seed popping and drying my colas when I chop, now because of all the room I run a perpetual harvest

Another quick update on the babies! Just another before and after photo shoot! I watered yesterday and went in today to defoliate. I went to town on cutting again, to slow down growth. My girls are getting big, and fast!
Critical Kush before:
420-magazine-mobile1051893319.jpg

And after:
420-magazine-mobile1279582350.jpg

Pineapple Chunk before:
420-magazine-mobile1092417315.jpg

And after:
420-magazine-mobile541887641.jpg

Bagseed #1 before:
420-magazine-mobile1806817918.jpg

And after:
420-magazine-mobile1444383771.jpg

Bagseed #2 before: (once again the app won't let me upload)
And after:
420-magazine-mobile1147564354.jpg

I still plan on throwing the bagseed into flower before the other 2 but PC & CK are catching up REALLY fast. I wanted to at least get the top on bagseed #2 all the way around to the other side of the pot so it might be a few months before she gets there. But then again, my bagseed plants gender is a mystery to me (which is why I wanted them in flower first to make sure I don't contaminate my girls) BUT anyone who does LST knows that it takes a bit of a time and a lot of love, care and attention. My question is, should I bother continuing to LST on the bagseed or just let them grow wild and see what I end up with? I have another month before my flower tent opens up and have to make the decision so no rush. That's all for now, my beautiful growers!

You're gonna run out of pot to tie to soon lol.

Alright! So I'm back after a few days of letting the babes grow out a bit. Got some more before and after photos for y'all!
A group shot before more training:
420-magazine-mobile2085289612.jpg

After:
420-magazine-mobile1218264669.jpg

Pineapple Chunk before:
420-magazine-mobile1446593882.jpg

After:
420-magazine-mobile1264022280.jpg

Bagseed #1 before: (yet again not letting me upload)
BGS After:
420-magazine-mobile2027168988.jpg

Bagseed #2 before:
420-magazine-mobile1154707169.jpg
(forgot to take the photo before training but remembered in the middle of it)
BGS #2 after:
420-magazine-mobile255763805.jpg

Critical Kush before: (App hates my photos I swear..)
CK after:
420-magazine-mobile825038591.jpg
I love the way she's growing so much. So much so, I decided to try my luck at cloning!
420-magazine-mobile505483244.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1154349282.jpg
I have tried to clone once before off my first plant but I had no idea what I was doing, I killed it overnight. The baby is at Day 3 and still alive! I impress myself with the little things . I still don't know too much about cloning but I did some research and found a really easy way to do it; so I'm giving it a try. I cut her at a 45degree angle, trimmed her leaves, scrapped the bottom skin off and stuck her in a cup of water right after to keep the air bubbles out (all things I didn't do the first time). I go in and mist her a few times a day but other than that, I'm just waiting on some root development. I'm not using any nutes, gels, powders- nothing. Just a glass of water. I'll be sure to update on how the little baby is doing along with the original 4 babes as I go!
That's all for now my beautiful growers! See y'all soon!

07/27/17
What's up, growers!
I recently got a new job with crazy hours so I apologize for my far and few between updates.
I finally got to go in and spend the day with the babies.
I won't spam with before and after photos today but here are some updates!
I noticed that all my babies have new leaves growing in like this-
420-magazine-mobile2144755553.jpg
all weird and curling. I read a while back that if the leaves start to grow like that, they need this- I'm not sure of the science behind it other than it being a deficiency of some kind or if that's even what the issue is. Any advice is much appreciated!
08/7/17
420-magazine-mobile1181467203.jpg

I haven't been tying them, as things have just gotten crazy. I wanted to let them start to get some height. Both Bagseed (back 2) have gotten pretty tall. I stopped tying them a week or 2 before PC & CK.
420-magazine-mobile1405461131.jpg
Critical Kush ^
420-magazine-mobile1580882482.jpg

420-magazine-mobile710059914.jpg
Pineapple Chunk^
I only cut a few of their leaves, just to shape them a bit. I also checked on my clones. I'm not sure if I mentioned earlier but I also took a clone from PC about 2 weeks after. I cut the bottom of PC in a rush and took quite a chunk of the branch on the side. Apparently that was the right thing to do instead of just scrapping the sides like I did with CK.
420-magazine-mobile933699264.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1957445128.jpg
(PC, CK) again all I've done was fill a cup of water and let the clones sit in it. They're in the same tent as my veg plants and I mist them here and there. I'm not sure when or if it's safe to transfer into soil. Again any advice would be awesome!
And on a personal side note- I enrolled in Cannabis Training University a few days ago! I'm gonna get my weed degree, y'all! . I'm so excited to learn and hopefully share my knowledge here with you guys! Hopefully it's not a total online scam. Will let y'all know in future updates and journals hahahaha
Well, that's it for now guys!

I'm subbed! Settling in right over here......
Where are the Poof's?

Anyway!!! Good job! You seem way more confident this run!!
Trust your gut!!

One thing I noticed in your last journal that I see creeping up, is your pH. It's a little too low for the soil you're running.

6.8 is perfect.
At 6.2 (what I think your last journal said) you're not allowing some nutrients to be available.

I also highly suggest getting some microbeasties in your soil!! They help circumvent issues too!
Great White is rad, or AN's micro trio is the best.

Nice on the cannabis college!!! Congrats!!!!!!!

I'm subbed! Settling in right over here......
Where are the Poof's?

Anyway!!! Good job! You seem way more confident this run!!
Trust your gut!!

One thing I noticed in your last journal that I see creeping up, is your pH. It's a little too low for the soil you're running.

6.8 is perfect.
At 6.2 (what I think your last journal said) you're not allowing some nutrients to be available.

I also highly suggest getting some microbeasties in your soil!! They help circumvent issues too!
Great White is rad, or AN's micro trio is the best.

Nice on the cannabis college!!! Congrats!!!!!!!.

Thanks for joining the party!
To be perfectly honest- I've pretty well ignored the pH the entire time. I know... I'm horrible. I have one of those old school stick in the soil pH monitors and I check here and there but after going through about 3 digital ph pens, I gave up on checking. Plus my tap water comes out at 6.6-7.0 range so I've gotten pretty lucky. I think that old "6.2" reading may have been when I was fucking around with the ph up & down .
I'm already looking into your suggestions. I think I found the Great White that you had mentioned-
But I'm not sure if I'm searching that other one correctly.
I currently use Fox Farm trio- would you suggest I switch to Flora? If so, will it shock the plants at all? I'm still thinking I need that calmag but am I going to be drowning my plants in nutes? I always notice more yellow tips on leaves after I feed them so maybe I should just cut down on nutes all together. I follow the FF feeding schedule they provide online and the mids seem to love the schedule/amount. Come to think of it... it doesn't really seem to bother my CK either but the pineapple might be more sensitive to them.
And thanks! Still trying to figure out if it's a scam but I guess I'll never really know until I can get hired into the industry .

Thanks for joining the party!
To be perfectly honest- I've pretty well ignored the pH the entire time. I know... I'm horrible. I have one of those old school stick in the soil pH monitors and I check here and there but after going through about 3 digital ph pens, I gave up on checking. Plus my tap water comes out at 6.6-7.0 range so I've gotten pretty lucky. I think that old "6.2" reading may have been when I was fucking around with the ph up & down .
I'm already looking into your suggestions. I think I found the Great White that you had mentioned-
420-magazine-mobile1159336626.jpg

But I'm not sure if I'm searching that other one correctly. The only "micro trio" I'm seeing is this-
420-magazine-mobile1116172409.jpg

I currently use Fox Farm trio- would you suggest I switch to Flora? If so, will it shock the plants at all? I'm still thinking I need that calmag but am I going to be drowning my plants in nutes? I always notice more yellow tips on leaves after I feed them so maybe I should just cut down on nutes all together. I follow the FF feeding schedule they provide online and the mids seem to love the schedule/amount. Come to think of it... it doesn't really seem to bother my CK either but the pineapple might be more sensitive to them.
And thanks! Still trying to figure out if it's a scam but I guess I'll never really know until I can get hired into the industry .
Sweet!
Dumping the pen makes it so much easier! That great white is correct, the trio I was talking about is called voodoo juice, tarantula, and Piranha by advanced nutes.
It's better than great white but more pricey.

Stick with the FF nutes.

You can blast as much big bloom as you want (my outdoor are up to 1.5 cups per gallon) tiger bloom and big grow are what burn (yellow tips). Dial that back a little.

Sweet!
Dumping the pen makes it so much easier! That great white is correct, the trio I was talking about is called voodoo juice, tarantula, and Piranha by advanced nutes.
It's better than great white but more pricey.

Stick with the FF nutes.

You can blast as much big bloom as you want (my outdoor are up to 1.5 cups per gallon) tiger bloom and big grow are what burn (yellow tips). Dial that back a little.

Awesome, thanks!
Just found all 3 in a pack for a little more than $60 on amazon. That's not too bad! Hopefully I can get that sometime soon. I can't have another disaster like my last plant..
and again- thanks! I won't hesitate to throw a couple more tablespoons of big bloom in there.
Right now I'm feeding the mids and the PC & CK separately since the mids are in flower. Each tent gets 1 gallon of water to split between the 2 plants in each. My first plant was on a crazy feeding schedule where I'd forget what week I watered with nutes vs pure water blah blah blah- I got myself a calendar for the girls and have become super strict with the feeding schedule. They seem to appreciate it. I think right now I'm on week 10 feeding for mids and week 6 for the loud. I only give them the nutes called for in one week. So say I've given her nutes on Sunday and if she's looking thirsty by say- Wednesday, I'll then water her with pure water. Not sure if that's right but I worry about burning her. My last plant had yellow leaves pretty much throughout her entire life. Trying to avoid that this time around haha

Awesome, thanks!
Just found all 3 in a pack for a little more than $60 on amazon. That's not too bad! Hopefully I can get that sometime soon. I can't have another disaster like my last plant..
and again- thanks! I won't hesitate to throw a couple more tablespoons of big bloom in there.
Right now I'm feeding the mids and the PC & CK separately since the mids are in flower. Each tent gets 1 gallon of water to split between the 2 plants in each. My first plant was on a crazy feeding schedule where I'd forget what week I watered with nutes vs pure water blah blah blah- I got myself a calendar for the girls and have become super strict with the feeding schedule. They seem to appreciate it. I think right now I'm on week 10 feeding for mids and week 6 for the loud. I only give them the nutes called for in one week. So say I've given her nutes on Sunday and if she's looking thirsty by say- Wednesday, I'll then water her with pure water. Not sure if that's right but I worry about burning her. My last plant had yellow leaves pretty much throughout her entire life. Trying to avoid that this time around haha
You'll be good bro.
Water, wait till it's light/dry, feed, wait till it's light/dry.....
Rinse wash repeat lol

You're on the right track!
Just get a feel for what a full pot and a dry pot feel like and you'll be money!

And don't forget the microbes!! Lol

And I guess while I'm here, I'll post some pictures of the babes from today!
Mids-
420-magazine-mobile1387556413.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1387386161.jpg
in the middle of her "stretch"
420-magazine-mobile308135708.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1901421680.jpg
Already poppin lots of hairs!
Critical Kush-
420-magazine-mobile1966578289.jpg
from the side
420-magazine-mobile591279922.jpg
and from above.
Pineapple Chunk-
420-magazine-mobile323081206.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1677182813.jpg

And gotta give my first surviving clone some love .
420-magazine-mobile1088888156.jpg

I'm giving it another go with cloning since I managed to have a survivor with the "just water in a cup" method. I took another off of PC and I'm giving Critical Kush another go at being a mother by taking 2 clippings from her.
I'd really like to let PC & CK grow a bit more before I throw her into flower. I really want to see their potential. Well.. as much as I can for it being an indoor grow.

So Chunk's leaves aren't looking too good.
This is day 1-
420-magazine-mobile2070070755.jpg
420-magazine-mobile408376021.jpg

And Day 2-
420-magazine-mobile1676847221.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1825433683.jpg

Looking like nute burn but not 100%. I'm thinking about feeding Kush as usual and sticking to the schedule but cutting Chunks in half. Should I flush her?

Bagseed Update-
420-magazine-mobile255853114.jpg

Looks like they're on their way to making some beautiful buds!

10.02.17 | Day 4 and here she is-
420-magazine-mobile1358504004.jpg
420-magazine-mobile256125240.jpg

So she's definitely in need of some magnesium. I stopped putting it off and bought her this-
420-magazine-mobile1418093364.jpg

It should be here in 2 days.

Alrighty ladies and gents! Got some updates for y'all!
Mids are looking so happy and healthy.
420-magazine-mobile1779460418.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1873200696.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1114086546.jpg

Kush is looking gorgeous!
420-magazine-mobile477709826.jpg
and Chunk is starting to look a lot better than before. I don't have photos from today but this is about 2 days ago-
420-magazine-mobile775918380.jpg
she's becoming more green and new growth isn't curly or wonky in any way. The cal mag that I bought seems to be doing wonders for her. If she starts acting up again, I may try to transplant her (I know, late in the game) but I'm dying to get a peak at her roots and I've never been happy with the amount of soil I originally put in. I'm wondering if the problem was in her roots all along. Chunk likes to hold onto water a lot longer than any of the others. I water her maybe once every 2 weeks while the other 3 are watered at least once a week (sometimes maybe twice).
That's all for now! Vacation this weekend so I may try to update before I go. If not, I'll be sure to update once I'm back!

Be careful transplanting in flower. Stunting can happen and with too much stress, you can make her go hermie too

Shes looking awfully sexy!!

Just remember K.I.S.S. and if it's not broke, don't fix it

She's not in flower yet, thankfully! I'm procrastinating because I want to see her get bushy first. If she's in veg, will I still risk turning her hermie? I think that's what went wrong with my last plant.

Back
Top Bottom