Amin420 First LST Attempt - Pineapple Chunk, Critical Kush, Bagseed - Soil/LED/Indoor

Re: Amin420 First LST Attempt - Pineapple Chunk, Critical Kush, Bagseed - Soil/LED/In

Alright! Back from vacation and these are my girls today! Critical Kush-
420-magazine-mobile1166119159.jpg
420-magazine-mobile856151007.jpg
Pineapple Chunk-
420-magazine-mobile2077874006.jpg
420-magazine-mobile705763364.jpg
Clone #1-
420-magazine-mobile525770014.jpg
420-magazine-mobile774226107.jpg
Clone #2-
420-magazine-mobile1009063653.jpg
and Clone #3-
420-magazine-mobile407552160.jpg

Kush is looking absolutely gorgeous still and I'm kinda upset none of her clones will take. The first one died and the second one is labeled as "Clone #3". Both of Chunks clones took (#1 & 2). I don't get how Chunk has been unhealthy but her babies are just fine; but I'm not complaining. I'm still using just a cup of water for clones. Thought about investing in gel or powder but if the water works, I figure why waste the money.
I'm going to try to take one more Clone from Kush and then move her into flower. I'll be moving Clone #2 to a clay pot within the week and still praying #3 takes. Waiting to move Chunk into flower until she's back at full health and grows a few more leaves.
I'd love to update y'all on the mids with some pictures but she's currently getting her beauty sleep. My babes can not be disturbed so maybe I'll try after 4 for a photo op! But I can tell you, they're looking VERY happy. I can totally see the difference between my last plant and my girls. I'm now realizing the many, MANY mistakes I made on my first girl and thankfully I won't be putting any of my new plants under all that stress.

Re: Amin420 First LST Attempt - Pineapple Chunk, Critical Kush, Bagseed - Soil/LED/In

She's not in flower yet, thankfully! I'm procrastinating because I want to see her get bushy first. If she's in veg, will I still risk turning her hermie? I think that's what went wrong with my last plant.
Too much stress of any kind can make them flip, genetics dictates how easy it is to cause

Quick question and any advice is helpful here- I'm having issues with my dehumidifier. It's way too big for my tent, making my plants smushed and desperate for room. It's also making the tent way too hot for my girls. I was thinking about just taking it out to let my girls breath but I'm worried about the humidity getting too high for flowering. What other things or methods would be a good idea to replace the dehumidifier?

Alright so I just took the dehumidifier out, temp/rh monitor in and now I wait. I'll be able to check her out tomorrow afternoon and see how the temp/humidity holds up in tent #3. Here are my girls today [Day 1 of flower for Kush & Chunk]-
420-magazine-mobile979327434.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2014800507.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2111012257.jpg

So today I came in to look at all my girls and I noticed the veg tents light color looked off. I opened up the tent and sure enough, nothing but blue lights and too dark. Panicked they weren't getting enough light and moved Chunk and Kush to the new tent. I then ran into the dehumidifier issue earlier. Still figuring that out but my girls will let me know if they're happy or not. I took way more clones than one, as previously mentioned. I actually didn't keep count . I'm just praying someone grows some roots. If not, it's back to germinating which I'm not thrilled about but at least I'll get to pick a new strain. Chunks Clone is doing great! I'll try to update on her tomorrow.

Alright so I just took the dehumidifier out, temp/rh monitor in and now I wait. I'll be able to check her out tomorrow afternoon and see how the temp/humidity holds up in tent #3. Here are my girls today [Day 1 of flower for Kush & Chunk]-
420-magazine-mobile979327434.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2014800507.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2111012257.jpg

So today I came in to look at all my girls and I noticed the veg tents light color looked off. I opened up the tent and sure enough, nothing but blue lights and too dark. Panicked they weren't getting enough light and moved Chunk and Kush to the new tent. I then ran into the dehumidifier issue earlier. Still figuring that out but my girls will let me know if they're happy or not. I took way more clones than one, as previously mentioned. I actually didn't keep count . I'm just praying someone grows some roots. If not, it's back to germinating which I'm not thrilled about but at least I'll get to pick a new strain. Chunks Clone is doing great! I'll try to update on her tomorrow.

Sorry you having trouble - I subbed your thread. I know nothing about growing but I do want to know what someone or you, come up with for this issue.

What up, growers and smokers! I'm back with a few updates.
So my girls (mids) finished their stretch and became too tall and skinny for its self. She pretty much began falling over as soon as buds started to form. A couple branches actually snapped. So I went on a journey to the craft store to MacGyver myself a "plant support" that I could slip over the buds and branches. I ended up getting these sewing hoops and a couple wooden sticks. Cut the sticks in half, taped them up to the hoops and TaDa! -
420-magazine-mobile263175956.jpg
The bigger colas, in the center, are still falling over so I'll either go pick up some more sticks or hang her from the tent ceiling. More sticks, I risk puncturing her roots. If I tie her buds up, I can't rotate the buckets anymore. I'll most likely hang her up.
I ran into another issue with my girls a few nights ago. Actually- it's been a problem longer than I thought. So for a while now I've been seeing these little white spots on my leaves.
420-magazine-mobile940264245.jpg
Now- it covered so many of my leaves overnight, I assumed they were water spots from the previous nights watering and from that point, didn't think anything of it. Jump back to a few nights ago- I come in to check on my girls and I see silk allllll over my buds and all of a sudden I'm seeing tiny black specs all over them. SPIDER MITES! Little fuckers!!! Horrified, I ran to Home Depot and got Neem Oil and another all natural blah blah blah. Can't remember the name but it's filled with nothing but herbs like rosemary and shit. I covered all the leaves and top soil in the organic spray the first night. The next day, they seemed to be completely gone but I mixed the neem oil with water and sprayed her again anyway, covering all the same areas. Right after, I sprayed the organic one over the top soil again, just to be super safe. I'd like to spray her down again but the nozzle sucks and is kinda rough. I don't wanna soak her buds and risk rot.
Regardless of all my girls trauma the last 2 weeks, her buds are looking beautiful.
420-magazine-mobile1912381830.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1810822955.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1803962121.jpg
I did a tric check tonight and I'm seeing a couple amber, lots of cloudy and lots of glass. I think she's almost there but still needs some time. What do y'all think? Not sure when to start the flush.
As for Chunk and Kush, they're finally popping those white hairs!
420-magazine-mobile197868555.jpg
420-magazine-mobile11529969.jpg

My one and only clone -
420-magazine-mobile1274392724.jpg

So I️ just wanted to take a sec to talk about how much better Chunk is doing- my temp & RH are still a little too high for the tent but Chunk is finally looking healthy. The weird ruffle leaves have stopped growing and I've got beautiful waxy and straight new leaves.
420-magazine-mobile612637850.jpg
420-magazine-mobile152827215.jpg

Watered 2 weeks ago with 1&1/2 tsp of calmag + regular nutes and this week pure water for both Chunk and Kush.

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Ahh- you know it's been a while since you updated when a mod checks in .
I guess I should update lol
Alright well let's start off with my mids- I don't have photos because harvest is still a guessing game to me and I just went for it. I try to do tric checks but I can't ever tell if it's clear or cloudy- I still have my untrained eyes. I really struggle with harvest. I just took some photos of Chunk and Kush and my mids looked exactly what Kush looks like right now. I didn't even bother weighing my mids. The buds were very sparkly but also very airy. It felt like no matter how much I trimmed, there was nothing but tiny popcorn buds that I don't even know if they really counted as buds. My ones plant was better than the other by far. The buds are a little more dense (still too airy tho) and a lot more potent. I got some decent sized buds from her too but still not as much as I was hoping for. I feel like the LST was not worth the tiny buds it yielded. I figured maybe since I made so many branches that is was my own fault. I thought that since I made so many new branches, she was wasting all her energy on the branches development instead of growing buds. UNTIL I seen Kush about 2 weeks ago. If you've been following along or look back at some of my photos- maybe you'll be as shocked/confused as I am about Kush. Out of all my plants, I only made about 5 branches, she did the rest on her own. She used to be beautifuuuul. She looked like she belonged in a magazine with her pretty ass leaves. Once I switched her to flower and buds started to form, she started to wither. Chunk also did a complete turn around but this one is a good one! Chunk went from spotty and wrinkly to waxy and smooth with beautiful buds. I can't tell if Chunk will be another airy bud but it looks like Kush will be for sure. Here they are today-
420-magazine-mobile827344815.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1112843948.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1202465849.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1057884430.jpg
420-magazine-mobile10703577.jpg

I know it's a little hard to see in the pictures but if you look down the center of Kush, she's dying. I don't know what I'm doing wrong at this point and any help would be great.
Kush and Chunk are on the same feeding schedule and obviously share the same environment so I'm not sure why Kush is struggling out of nowhere and why Chunk is magically good. Temp is 68, RH is at 42%. Fed with Foxfarms trio and 3 tsp of calmag once a week. Chunk still holds water way longer than Kush and it used to bother her a lot but now she just gets a little droopy and after a night or 2, she's totally okay again. Nothing is helping Kush. I've moved their light a few times. I haven't gone any closer with the LED than 5 inches away- currently she's about 7-9 inches away from my girls.

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom