Amnesia Fast Review

HigherTheHigh

Hello all this will be a smoke report that will include the initial grow data, taste test after harvest (currently), 4 week cure and 8 week cure.

So for starters this plant had sever problems from the start that I myself caused due to root bounding 5L pots in only 4 weeks and a naughty PH pen telling me porkies so for around 4 weeks when I was ill they ended up basically freezing in progress but once I found out I'd say it took around 2 weeks and totally back to normal I couldn't believe it as I ended up killing 2 of the same strain and another 4 others so I'm glad I kept this one.

After the incident with them and 2 weeks later the plant shot up in size and I topped at the 5-6th node and allowed tied them down, I allowed the plant to grow through the Scrog screen around 4" and then switched to flower which they flipped an easy 3x their size, due to the stretch the majority of tall stems were around 6" away from the light but it never phazed the plant apart from maybe a little foxtailing but how can you really tell fox tailing with a sativa that looks like a foxtail lol.

I grew in coco and used a range of nutrients but a basic nute setup will easily produce the same quality, I flushed for 20 days and yes I know the old well debate but this time around I used a scented flush called Grotek Strawberry Flush, my verdict I it made my plants smell stronger by the end however this may well just be the strains I'm not used too.

Sorry for the lack of photos but I have hundreds to go through and find :laugh:.

Smoke report from after drying, on this occasion however its still a little damp but it's still smoking, so, it's making me feel happy, head high for sure and definite feelings in my legs but I'm still not getting its full effects, taste is quite smooth.

Even though there small buds there really dense and hard I'm not sure if that's the genetics but very deceiving to look at.
Grey ash, now I mention this as I've suffered from black ash the past few grows but and this was due to me feeding till harvest so I'll not be doing that again now iv got this flushing solution.

Here's a few shots of the smallest branch buds, sorry for the quality I really need a good camera.

After trying more it's quite nice but still a little harshness but I'll lose that in curing, if I suck the joint inlit it tastes like barrats fruit salad sweets!

Head high is what I can feel mostly and a nice sensational feeling but I must tell you all that I've been smoking solid for 8 month now so I really am probably not getting the full effects, I wish I could stop for a day believe me :(.

It's very devieving how dense these calyxes are, I almost wish I could find a indica strain that grew like this.

They are grindable however still not snappable but I imagine tomorrow I'll be somewhat near so I'll be doing a weigh in tomorrow, I'm not trimming them but I will remove the largest of sugar leaves that don't go directly into the bud.

Does THC enhance or change in curing?

I've bought some of those electronic humity meters for the jars, my plan is to burp them daily for 15 minutes twice a day for 1 week and then once every 2 days for 15 minutes for a week, once I'm two weeks into cure I'm thinking of leaving them in the jar for another 2 weeks or put them straight into mylar bags, any suggestions would be great.

A little of topic of this thread but my plan is to actually bag them in small mylar bags with enough bud that I will need daily, this way I'm not opening the jar as well as always leaving them exposed to light, so I'm thinking 1-2g of sativa, 1-2g and 1-3g of indica so then atleast I have enough for early morning noon and night, sometimes I won't smoke as much so at least I've still got enough for the next day, I mean I don't have to have all 3 types which I probably won't but you get the idea.

Thoughts on a portable THC testers that are available?, mydx I think it's called, one of those I could really do with especially for day strains.

Thanks for the look-see. Looks nice.
I've popped a couple of Amnesia seeds that were freebies this time for part of what I've got going.
Instead of topping I'm concentrating on the main colas (they have a big thick long bare stalk and a lollypop on the end) and am on the 3rd day of the flip.

After trying more it's quite nice but still a little harshness but I'll lose that in curing, if I suck the joint inlit it tastes like barrats fruit salad sweets!

Head high is what I can feel mostly and a nice sensational feeling but I must tell you all that I've been smoking solid for 8 month now so I really am probably not getting the full effects, I wish I could stop for a day believe me :(.

It's very devieving how dense these calyxes are, I almost wish I could find a indica strain that grew like this.

They are grindable however still not snappable but I imagine tomorrow I'll be somewhat near so I'll be doing a weigh in tomorrow, I'm not trimming them but I will remove the largest of sugar leaves that don't go directly into the bud.

Does THC enhance or change in curing?

I've bought some of those electronic humity meters for the jars, my plan is to burp them daily for 15 minutes twice a day for 1 week and then once every 2 days for 15 minutes for a week, once I'm two weeks into cure I'm thinking of leaving them in the jar for another 2 weeks or put them straight into mylar bags, any suggestions would be great.

A little of topic of this thread but my plan is to actually bag them in small mylar bags with enough bud that I will need daily, this way I'm not opening the jar as well as always leaving them exposed to light, so I'm thinking 1-2g of sativa, 1-2g and 1-3g of indica so then atleast I have enough for early morning noon and night, sometimes I won't smoke as much so at least I've still got enough for the next day, I mean I don't have to have all 3 types which I probably won't but you get the idea.

Thoughts on a portable THC testers that are available?, mydx I think it's called, one of those I could really do with especially for day strains.
What was your total turn around time from seed and how long was veg period, they look like nice plants, fruit salad sweet flavour too,, sound nice,

I grew an AF outside this year and am very pleased with the grow. Nice buds and a good high.

Attachments

• 20201027_093741.jpg
    20201027_093741.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 296
Your bud looks a lot better then mine. It started out OK but then started turning yellow and losing leaf's early on. I didn't get much from that one. What I did get is curing. I hope it turns out OK Buzz wise

Back
Top Bottom