Amnesia Haze autoflower slow to mature

BronxBoy

Friends, noob here with a 1st-time grow question.

I've got an autoflower amnesia haze in organic soil. It's a big pot, 5 gallons, indoor tent grow with dual CFL lights. I vegged for about 10 weeks w 6500k CFLs on a 24/0 cycle. When she started flowering I switched to 2700k CFLs and went to 12/12 (even though I know I didn't really have to for an auto).

She's been flowering for about 7 weeks now, appears (mostly) healthy and still stretching but the trichs are all still clear so I'm just leaving it be, but I'm just wondering if it's normal for an auto to just keep on growing for 17+ weeks without being ready.

Other than some low stress training I haven't done anything crazy to her. I've had a few small issues along the way but nipped them all in the bud quickly thanks to the advice on this forum: I briefly had fungus gnats so I stopped overwatering, we had a heatwave so I cooled down my tent with fans, I wasn't adding nutes early on figuring the organic soil was good enough so I started adding Ecoscraps 5-5-5 (about 1/4 the recommended dose) and she perked up a bit after that.

Again, this is my first grow so my goal is to bring her safely to mature harvest - I don't care so much about big yield. I'm being patient, figuring as long as she's healthy she'll mature when she's ready. I also figure the big pot she's in is slowing her down too - lots of room for the roots to keep growing. I'm just looking for some reassurance, or advice, from the experience growers out there.

Sorry, it's not a great pic.
IMG_1329_zpsn850v951.jpg

i wouldnt of thought it wouldnt of mattered but im sure someone will have there oppinion too.

i had autos and asked the question could i do 12/12 to cut down on the electricity bill but people said it will just add more weeks for it to harvest.

i think another 2-3 weeks and that will be ready, are you still using nutrients? if you are you could use the 2 weeks as a flush then harvest her.

great looking plant!

Are you sure it's a auto, 17 weeks is redic time to veg for a auto.

I would go 12/12 and see if it triggers flowering.

Maybe you got a photo plant, could of been a genetic throwback instead of been auto. Switching to 12/12 will save you power and also will have her flower.

You vegged for 17 weeks... the slightly longer flower time going 12/12 is nothing compared to what you already waited... could of done two crops in 17 weeks lol

I took some closeups of my buds. They're pretty airy but I've had heat issues and done a half dozen other things wrong.

I also snipped one small bud off to get a closer look at it. It looks like the trichs are just starting to cloud up and she still smells kinda green & veggie so I'm going to leave her be and keep her on 12/12 lighting for however long it takes. I'm hoping higherthehigh is right and I've only got another couple of weeks.

Friends, noob here with a 1st-time grow question.

I've got an autoflower amnesia haze in organic soil. It's a big pot, 5 gallons, indoor tent grow with dual CFL lights. I vegged for about 10 weeks w 6500k CFLs on a 24/0 cycle. When she started flowering I switched to 2700k CFLs and went to 12/12 (even though I know I didn't really have to for an auto).

She's been flowering for about 7 weeks now, appears (mostly) healthy and still stretching but the trichs are all still clear so I'm just leaving it be, but I'm just wondering if it's normal for an auto to just keep on growing for 17+ weeks without being ready.

Other than some low stress training I haven't done anything crazy to her. I've had a few small issues along the way but nipped them all in the bud quickly thanks to the advice on this forum: I briefly had fungus gnats so I stopped overwatering, we had a heatwave so I cooled down my tent with fans, I wasn't adding nutes early on figuring the organic soil was good enough so I started adding Ecoscraps 5-5-5 (about 1/4 the recommended dose) and she perked up a bit after that.

Again, this is my first grow so my goal is to bring her safely to mature harvest - I don't care so much about big yield. I'm being patient, figuring as long as she's healthy she'll mature when she's ready. I also figure the big pot she's in is slowing her down too - lots of room for the roots to keep growing. I'm just looking for some reassurance, or advice, from the experience growers out there.

Sorry, it's not a great pic.
IMG_1329_zpsn850v951.jpg

I've been growing autos for sometime now and it wasn't until a few weeks back did I learn that not all autos will show you the trich color you are looking for. You could give her another week or so under the 12/12 lighting, if she was mine I would cut her down now though because she looks done to me.
It definitely matters what light cycle you choose to go with. There are very few autos that do well under 12/12 from the moment they start to flower and the ones that do the breeder will tell you in the description. Because I run autos and photos together, in the past I have allowed my autos to finish their last 2 weeks under 12/12 lighting. You'll find lots of growers who will do this.
I'm going to share some pictures of a Auto that I ran under 12/12 vs the same strain I ran under 18/6 and you'll see first hand the difference.
Here are 2 auto blue amnesia I ran under 12/12 that yielded 5grams total.
420-magazine-mobile874159414.jpg
420-magazine-mobile987347522.jpg

Now 2 others of same strain remember but under 18/6. 1 yielded 42g and the other I think was 18 or so.
420-magazine-mobile277287305.jpg
420-magazine-mobile439194415.jpg
420-magazine-mobile836731867.jpg

Light cycles matter for autos. I think for your first grow you did awesome! Much better then what I did! Next grow you'll do even better. This is a great community, reach out to some of the other auto growers...asks any question that you have, you'll find a ton of knowledge and plenty of friendly people.

Thanks to all the good advice. I've decided to turn out her lights and cut her down in a couple of days. Meanwhile, I'm germinating three more and I'll start a journal with those.

I'll update this with my final weight. I have no idea how much it'll be but I'm guessing 15-20g, max.

Thanks to all the good advice. I've decided to turn out her lights and cut her down in a couple of days. Meanwhile, I'm germinating three more and I'll start a journal with those.

I'll update this with my final weight. I have no idea how much it'll be but I'm guessing 15-20g, max.

You made the right call to harvest, I bet you'll get 5 to 10g but more importantly you successfully completed your first grow! Congrats for that. It only gets better as you continue to learn, let us know once you have the journal up and running I would love to tag along.
If you have the time look through the grow journals in progress for a grower by the name of savingson (I think that's the spelling) she uses cfl's like you and has some awesome plants growing.

i think another 2 weeks at 20-4 or 24/0 would of made a big difference with ph-d water, class it as a flush.

Your advice makes sense, thanks. Poking my head in the tent last night I had some sugar leaves starting to die on one bud plus I have more seeds that I'm eager to get started using everything I've learned this time around. I figured the time was right.

You made the right call to harvest, I bet you'll get 5 to 10g but more importantly you successfully completed your first grow! Congrats for that. It only gets better as you continue to learn, let us know once you have the journal up and running I would love to tag along.
If you have the time look through the grow journals in progress for a grower by the name of savingson (I think that's the spelling) she uses cfl's like you and has some awesome plants growing.
Wow! MsSinful called it: 5g on the button! It was light, airy and not great but it was successful! And I sampled a little, just enough for one portable vape load, and it was great!

Wow! MsSinful called it: 5g on the button! It was light, airy and not great but it was successful! And I sampled a little, just enough for one portable vape load, and it was great!

What do you have line up for the next grow?

Back
Top Bottom