Amnesia Haze & Caramel Cream In Hydro

Grow Journal
2 Caramel Crème Auto (Seedsman) and 1 Amnesia Haze (420) Auto

3/16/19

I’m starting these seeds in a tote with 5 gallons of ph’d water, and a top-feeding drip. I’m using Rapid Rooters imbedded in clay pebbles. I will also have an air stone pumping H2o into the water. No nutrients (nutes) whatsoever. I’ll just drop the dry seeds into the soaked rooters and put them in the tent in the dark.

I’ve got a 4x4x7 tent. I’ve got an exhaust fan, an intake fan, a humidifier and a couple of fans for air circulation. My intake fan and humidifier are too small, but I’m gonna try to use them for this last time and hopefully upgrade by my next grow.

I’ve got 2 Higrow led grow lights, a “1500 watt” that actually pulls 300 watts and a “600 watt” that pulls 120. (I have another 600, but I’m gonna see how it goes with just these two for a while. I might add the third during flower.)

I'm using the General Hydroponics nutrient trio, Calimagic and Hydroguard and PH'd tap water.

I’m a new, low-tech grower. This is only my third grow. The first went great, but I screwed up during the drying process. The second was going great, but I screwed up trying to train the plant. Both weeds generated a great buzz, but the first tasted harsh and the second was a very small yield.

So why would anyone read my journal? I don’t know, for amusement?

No, I think I’m very close to being successful and I hope I can help some other beginners like me!

I also hope that the experts on this sight can provide me with guidance and advice if I go astray. I love this site because there is so much good info available!

3/20

One seed has root visible, the other, nothing. Drop another Caramel Crème into the mix just in case.

3/22

One seedling popped out. The second one, that I thought was dead, popped a root too.

3/23

Second seed popped a seedling. Since I have two babies now I need to turn on the light. Running at about 36 inches above at 18 hours on 6 hours off. Made a tent (folded cardboard) to place over third seed to keep light off of it.

3/24

Third seed popped a baby (a little teeny baby.) Took tent off of it. Will continue running lights 18/6 at approximately 36 inches above babies.

3/26

Moved two seedlings from starter bin to 3 gallon buckets. Feeding ph’d tap water. No nutes yet. Need to go get another bucket in order to move 3rd seedling.

3/27 (Day 1)

Put third seed into bucket. For the sake of simplicity, I’m going to start counting the days from germination now (this number will be listed in parenthesis next to the date of each entry in this journal).

I will begin feeding these babies a tiny bit of nutes 7 days from today (April 3rd)

3/30 (3)

Did some additional reading and decided to start feeding nutes today instead of waiting until 4/3 (at very low levels).

Added the following (measurements per 4 gallons (3.3 lbs of water)).

CaliMagic: 2 tsp (1/2 per gal)
FloraMicro: 1 tsp (1/4 per gal)
FloraGrow: 1 tsp (1/4 per gal)
FloraBloom: 1 tsp (1/4 per gal)
Hydroguard: 1 tsp (1/4 per gal)

Flushed and nuted. PH: 5.8

I ran my previous autos at 18 hours on 6 hours off. I want to try 20/4. Since these are just babies, I made that change today. I will run these plants 20/4 until the end (from midnight to 4am off).

3/31 (4)

Huge difference in plants since adding nutes last night. Growing like weeds!

Here are before and after pics.

Grow 3 D1.JPGGrow 3 D3.JPG

I read your journal to learn with you !
Like your setup, if you go check out @snowbound , doing dwc with an r ! Check out the first grow you’ll be amazed at what you’ll see ! And remember Dutchman 1990 is the Auto guru !
Glad to see you back !

I read your journal to learn with you !
Like your setup, if you go check out @snowbound , doing dwc with an r ! Check out the first grow you’ll be amazed at what you’ll see ! And remember Dutchman 1990 is the Auto guru !
Glad to see you back !
Hey, West Hippie. Glad you're still with me!

You might want to make some kind of cover to stop light from getting down through the clay pellets. Help to prevent algae.
Thanks for the advice Snowbound. I'll try to rig up something.

4/5 (9)

Ordered a new, larger humidifier today. The one I have only gets the humidity to about 20%. I’d like around 60% at this stage. I’ll have it by Saturday. In the meantime I’m misting the walls of the tent and getting humidity up to 40%.

Two of the plants are looking healthy. One looks a little saggy.
Grow 3 D9A.JPG

4/7 (11)

Second Feed. I am increasing nutes except CalMag. Increase still keeps nute strength low. Doses now at ½ manufacturers recommendation.

Added the following (measurements per 4 gallons).

FloraMicro: 2 tsp (1/2 per gal)
FloraGrow: 2 tsp (1/2 per gal)
FloraBloom: 2 tsp (1/2 per gal)
Hydroguard: 2 tsp (1/2 per gal)

Flushed and nuted. PH: 5.8, PPM 505

Also, got a new intake fan and installed it today. My exhaust fans runs at 190 CFM and I needed to get an intake fan that exceeded that rate. The new fan intakes at 240 CFM. I hope this helps keep temps. down and humidity up.

½ Hour Later

Well, that plan didn’t go well. When I closed the tent with the new intake fan it got swollen like a balloon. I had to open some spaces to let air escape. Is an intake fan that runs 50 CFM higher than the exhaust the problem? Maybe. But I now realize that my exhaust fan is a 4 inch and the intake is a 6 inch. I think that might have more to do with this problem.

Anyway, I ordered another inline fan just like the intake fan I just bought. The fans are not expensive (about $25). And I got some 6 inch ducting for the fan. So I will be blowing air in and out at the same rate. Is that a bad thing? Anyone with knowledge, please let me know!

My current set-up has a 4 inch carbon filter attached to the exhaust. Those carbon filters ARE expensive. For the time being, I am going to run the exhaust without one.

Live and learn.

Tonight I followed the advice of another grower and rigged up some cardboard to place over my clay pellets. I was told that they can let light leak through. Thanks, @snowbound. I cut cardboard squares from a box, cut a hole in the middle and a slit running to one edge. Then I covered the cardboard in black duct tape

I was able to slide my gadgets under the 2 amnesia haze. The runt Caramel Cream on the right is still too short to slide under.

LiteBlock Thingie.JPG

You can go to home Depot and get a 4”to 6” galvanized reducer .
I put a 4” 240 cfm supply fan with a 6” 440 cfm exhaust . I can have negative or positive pressures in my tent !
Amazon for filters !
Snowbound , did you ever see his thread yet ? He’s why I’m going back to 1000 watt hps , going to exhaust that heat right out the wall . Go to his first grow or maybe you saw his plant in the contest .

@West Hippie do you think it's okay to pull and push at the same level?

@West Hippie do you think it's okay to pull and push at the same level?
larger one for exhaust . You really don’t need both ! An exhaust is good , you can get a 6” filter for the open end . It’s like a pantyhose over it so small critters can’t get in !

Correction: the runt on the right is the amnesia haze.

4/10 (14)

Got and installed the new exhaust fan today. So now I’m blowing in and out of the tent at 240 CFM.

I must be doing something right. My first grow ever was 2 Amnesia Haze plants and this is how they looked after 18 days:

18 Day AmHaze a.jpg

This grow (my third) also contains an Amnesia Haze plant (I just don’t know which one it is). This is how the 3 plants look after just 14 days.

Grow 3 D14.JPG

Since my 1st grow plants grew to a nice size with lots of buds, I'm really excited about what these new ones might do!

4/19 (23)

Home from a 6-day vacation. I left my plants in the trusted care of my loyal aide, CJ.
The girls really shot up. Even the runt on the right has joined the party!

Grow 3 D23a.JPG

It’s time to do a little Low Stress Training on these babies. I’ll be (carefully!) bending the stems to try and get a flat canopy. Pics to follow.

4/19 (A Few Hours Later)

I broke the first stem I tried to bend. Taped it up and will see what happens. So I was probably too careful with the rest of the plant. I tried to bend it a bit, but I didn’t do much. I’m just gonna let this was grow from this point on. I just want see what happens without my “improvements.”
P1020236.JPG

4/20 (24)

Flush and feed.

Used Water:

Plant 1: PPM 590 --PH 585
Plant 2: PPM 460 -- PH 614
Plant 3: PPM 413 -- PH 596

New Water:

(Increasing levels of FloraMicro and FlorGrow to ½ manufacturer’s recommendation for aggressive flowering stage.)

FloraMicro: 4 tsp (1 per gal)
FloraGrow: 6 tsp (1 1/2 per gal)

Flushed and nuted. PH: 5.9, PPM 920

Hey, @Barney86. PPM only dropped for plant #3 (the runt). It looks like it's loving life! Plants 1 and 2 look like they're getting nute burn, but not too bad.

4/27 (31)

Flush and feed.

Used Water:

Plant 1: PPM 630 --PH 5.0
Plant 2: PPM 469 -- PH 4.4
Plant 3: PPM 470 -- PH 4.6

New Water:
(Decreasing levels of FloraGrow to less than ½ manufacturer’s recommendation for aggressive flowering stage. Plants 1 and 2 showing signs of nute burn.)

FloraMicro: 2 tsp (1/2 per gal)
FloraGrow: 2 tsp (1/2 per gal)

Flushed and nuted. PH: 6.1, PPM 500

4/29 (33)

Today I chopped a bunch of leaves off the bottom of the plants and put in my net. I’m going to try to get these plants to spread out a little bit.

Grow 3 Day30.JPG

Grow 3 Day30a.JPG

5/6 (40)

Flush and feed (I’m a few days late on purpose. Thought it might be a good idea to just replace water for a few extra days due to nute burn on some leaves.)

Used Water:

Plant 1: PPM 265 --PH 4.0
Plant 2: PPM 244 -- PH 4.1
Plant 3: PPM 347 -- PH 3.8

New Water:

(Increasing levels of FloraMicro and FloraGrow back to ½ manufacturer’s recommendation for aggressive vegetative stage. Plants 1 and 2 were showing signs of nute burn but it has not spread.)

FloraMicro: 4 tsp (1 per gal)
FloraGrow: 6 tsp (1 1/2 per gal)

Flushed and nuted. PH: 5.8, PPM 800

Filling up the tent:

Grow 3 D40.JPG

Back
Top Bottom