Amnesia Haze & Caramel Cream In Hydro

5/23 (57)

I’ve been reading grow journals on 420 again. This can create problems for me because different growers have different methods but all their plants look GREAT!

So I had been feeding my plants weekly and topping off during the week with plain ph’d water. Then I read that I should be trying to keep the ppm steady throughout the week (I thought it was supposed to drop as the plants ate and then be brought back up at feeding time.) So this time, I measured the ppm of the res buckets before topping and tried to add enough nutes to the top-off water to try to get it back to where it started when I last fed them. I have no idea how to do this, so I just decided to mix the top-off water at half-strength of the feeding dose of nutes.

I gauged the water in the buckets, the water I was about to put in and the water in the buckets after I topped them. I then adjusted the ph of the water I put in. These are the results:

USED WATER PPM PH

Plant 1 565 4.7
Plant 2 530 4.8
Plant 3 505 4.0

TOP-OFF WATER PPM PH

740 5.8

POST TOP-OFF PPM PH

Plant 1 680 5.2 (raised to 5.8)
Plant 2 664 5.5 (raised to 5.8)
Plant 3 590 5.2 (raised to 5.8)

I’m not sure what to make of the numbers yet, but I’m thinking it’s nice to have them on record.. Guess I need to do more reading.

I’ve been taking off quite a few fan leaves that are blocking lower flowers. I’ll probably be taking off a lot more in the weeks to come (something else I read).

The plants are doing well, I think. With us new growers everything is a mystery! As usual, any opinions are welcome!

Grow 3 D57.JPG

5/23 (57)

I’ve been reading grow journals on 420 again. This can create problems for me because different growers have different methods but all their plants look GREAT!

So I had been feeding my plants weekly and topping off during the week with plain ph’d water. Then I read that I should be trying to keep the ppm steady throughout the week (I thought it was supposed to drop as the plants ate and then be brought back up at feeding time.) So this time, I measured the ppm of the res buckets before topping and tried to add enough nutes to the top-off water to try to get it back to where it started when I last fed them. I have no idea how to do this, so I just decided to mix the top-off water at half-strength of the feeding dose of nutes.

I gauged the water in the buckets, the water I was about to put in and the water in the buckets after I topped them. I then adjusted the ph of the water I put in. These are the results:

USED WATER PPM PH

Plant 1 565 4.7
Plant 2 530 4.8
Plant 3 505 4.0

TOP-OFF WATER PPM PH

740 5.8

POST TOP-OFF PPM PH

Plant 1 680 5.2 (raised to 5.8)
Plant 2 664 5.5 (raised to 5.8)
Plant 3 590 5.2 (raised to 5.8)

I’m not sure what to make of the numbers yet, but I’m thinking it’s nice to have them on record.. Guess I need to do more reading.

I’ve been taking off quite a few fan leaves that are blocking lower flowers. I’ll probably be taking off a lot more in the weeks to come (something else I read).

The plants are doing well, I think. With us new growers everything is a mystery! As usual, any opinions are welcome!

Grow 3 D57.JPG
I guess my reservoir at 20 gallons is why I haven’t topped it off with nutrients. When the water falls on mine with the led light I had it would have the tds rise and the water fall . This hid light the nutrients drop with the water , so the ones you see top off with nutrients are probably hid lighting which I have done once this grow .

I guess my reservoir at 20 gallons is why I haven’t topped it off with nutrients. When the water falls on mine with the led light I had it would have the tds rise and the water fall . This hid light the nutrients drop with the water , so the ones you see top off with nutrients are probably hid lighting which I have done once this grow .
West Hippie, what u been smoking. LOL!

5/25 (59)

A few observations:

These three plants are growing well. Plant 1 (Amnesia Haze) is taller and bushier and has a much thicker main stalk than the second Amnesia Haze (Plant 2). I think this is due to the fact that P1 has 2 air stones and P2 has only one. However, P2 has lots of dark pistils while P1’s are still completely white. And P2 smells! You touch it and your hand smells yummy. P1 hardly has any odor yet. Plant 3 (Caramel Cream) started out as a runt but has now grow to about the same height as P2. P3 also has all white pistils at this point and while they are smaller than the ones on the Haze plants there are more of them.

I’m moving to a mid-bloom nutrient schedule.

• Reduce the FloraGrow from 1 tsp per gallon to ½.
  • Increase FloraBloom from 1 tsp per gal to 1 ½.
  • Increase Terpinator from ½ tsp per gal to 1.
  • FloraMicro, Calmag and Hydroguard levels to remain the same.
Used Water:

Plant 1: PPM 1020 -- PH 4.3
Plant 2: PPM 912 -- PH 4.8
Plant 3: PPM 824 -- PH 4.0

New Water:

CaliMagic: 2 tsp (1/2 per gal)
Hydroguard: 2 tsp (1/2 per gal)
FloraMicro: 4 tsp (1 per gal)
FloraGrow: 2 tsp (1/2 per gal)
FloraBloom: 6 tsp (1 1/2 per gal)
Terpinator: 4 tsp (1 per gal)

Flushed and nuted. PH: 6.1, PPM 850

They haven't changed much since the last pics, but here's a new one anyway.

Grow 3 D59a.JPG

5/29 (63)

All need only a gallon of water today. That’s kind of surprising because it’s been 4 days since they were fed and I don’t remember topping them off since then. (Maybe I did but forgot about it. No telling. That’s why I like to keep detailed notes.)

Anyway, I mixed up some nutes at half the level that I used when I last watered them. It’s going in at 5.8 ph with a ppm of 490. All the girls look happy!

I looked back over my notes and discovered that I’m actually growing 2 Caramel Crème and I Amnesia Haze, not the other way around. So Plant 3, the former-runt, is the Am Haze. This is good news for me! My second grow was a single Caramel Crème that I ruined early in its growth by breaking the main stem while trying to train it. I tried to mend the stalk, but the plant basically stopped growing at that point and never got more than a foot tall. It did mature and bloom though, and the smoke was great. Now I get not 1 but 2 chances at redemption!

I had this right in the title of my grow journal, but throughout the journal I have referred to he make-up improperly. My apologies to any confusion I may have caused to those who are following my journal. From this point forward, I will not smoke before making journal entries. :p

5/30 (64)

T
opped plants with plain ph’d water (5.8).

Plant 1: ½ quart
Plant 2: 2 quarts

Plant 1 is the biggest of the bunch, so I am concerned that it’s drinking less water than the others. Also, a few of the leaves near to top of P1 are starting to look a little strange, with brownish areas. Don’t know what to make of this. I’m posting a close-up of P1 leaves on 420 to see if anyone can help.

Grow 3 D64.JPG

5/30 (64)

T
opped plants with plain ph’d water (5.8).

Plant 1: ½ quart

Plant 1 is the biggest of the bunch, so I am concerned that it’s drinking less water than the others. Also, a few of the leaves near to top of P1 are starting to look a little strange, with brownish areas. Don’t know what to make of this. I’m posting a close-up of P1 leaves on 420 to see if anyone can help.

Grow 3 D64.JPG
Did you ever get the calmag? I see you have it increase it ! And double check the ph ! Phosphorus deficiency
E5244DBD-336D-47A5-99FE-1AB624D610E2.jpeg

Did you ever get the calmag? I see you have it increase it ! And double check the ph !
Hippie, increase just on this one plant, right? i checked the ph when I saw this happening. I topped with a 1/2 quart of 5.8 ph'd water and then checked the level. It was 4.8, so I raised it up to 5.8.

You think I need to up to dosage of calmag in my weekly feeds? I've only been doing 1/2 teaspoon per gallon of water.

Hippie, increase just on this one plant, right? i checked the ph when I saw this happening. I topped with a 1/2 quart of 5.8 ph'd water and then checked the level. It was 4.8, so I raised it up to 5.8.

You think I need to up to dosage of calmag in my weekly feeds? I've only been doing 1/2 teaspoon per gallon of water.
I could tell by the leaves on the left was ph . The right one is calcium, so yes increase calmag especially if using ro water! On my grow is 20 gallons and I put 60 mL then a few days later 30 mL because of the ro water.

I am using tap water that has sat in a bucket for 48 hours. It's usually around 150 ppm and 7.5 to 8 ph.

I am using tap water that has sat in a bucket for 48 hours. It's usually around 150 ppm and 7.5 to 8 ph.
So that brings us to the ph problem . I noticed when you change nutrients your in the ph of 4 .
Girls aren’t getting all there nutrients of the 5.6- 5.9 ph ! My city water ppm is over 300 ! 7.3 ph .

So that brings us to the ph problem . I noticed when you change nutrients your in the ph of 4 .
Girls aren’t getting all there nutrients of the 5.6- 5.9 ph ! My city water ppm is over 300 ! 7.3 ph .
Yes, my ph falls a few days after feeding. I feed at 5.8. Do you check and adjust your ph level everyday to keep it steady? I thought I was safe adjusting it only after I added top-off water.

Following for outcome (Amnesia Haze might be in my next grow) and solutions to the leaves...

Awesome job so far, man.
Thanks, man. I've screwed up two grows so far, so I am trying to get this one right!

Mine never falls it’s Advanced Nutrients ph Perfect. Starts at 5.5 ph but it will only rise . PH is checked daily even though I don’t have to . Also recorded daily on my post !

Any idea why mine is falling? I'm gonna research it to see if I can find an answer. But if you have immediate insights that would be helpful.

Any idea why mine is falling? I'm gonna research it to see if I can find an answer. But if you have immediate insights that would be helpful.
Not sure have been on these Advanced Nutrients so long in flower. Use techna flora for veg and it’s ph goes straight to 6.1 and also rises , would pull it down to 5.6 and watch it rise daily after I ph’ed it down .

Back
Top Bottom