Amnesia Haze: Flowing stage confusion

Vinny133

Just happen to be checking trichomes this morning. This plant showed first signs of flower on April 10. In my estimation, this puts me ending week 5 today. Strange thing is, I see the odd random amber trichome already. Smell is strong and its super sticky like getting glue on your hands. Am I off on my time calculations?
0AC01526-DCBF-44A3-B521-190AF39631E7.jpeg
0AC01526-DCBF-44A3-B521-190AF39631E7.jpeg
1345CAF3-8219-442A-BDBC-050FD3A3E28A.jpeg
531A2088-D5FC-4DDE-A52F-398A252871AF.jpeg

It will mature at varying times, depends where you are looking at as you will get amber on the sugar leaves a lot earlier. From those few pics it has at least two more weeks to go and probably a tad more IMHO. But yeah there is so many variables that can affect it from lights/temp/etc...

It will mature at varying times, depends where you are looking at as you will get amber on the sugar leaves a lot earlier. From those few pics it has at least two more weeks to go and probably a tad more IMHO. But yeah there is so many variables that can affect it from lights/temp/etc...
Thanks Monk, they are on the sugar leaves. I was expecting at least 2-3 more weeks

Dosent look like my Amnesia Haze at 5 weeks at all

And those are red hairs, not Amber trics as mentioned above

Amnesia Haze is a 12week Flowering plant

Check the trics, but no way it's at 5 weeks and Amber trics

Dosent look like my Amnesia Haze at 5 weeks at all

And those are red hairs, not Amber trics as mentioned above

Amnesia Haze is a 12week Flowering plant

Check the trics, but no way it's at 5 weeks and Amber trics
Thanks but I’m not talking about the hairs, I do know the difference. I used my jewellers loupe to inspect and I was surprised to see the odd amber trichome on the sugars leaves. These seeds are from Crop King Seeds, Amnesia Haze Auto. Their website lists it as an 8-9 week flower period hence my concern. I grew a Super Silver Haze last summer that definitely went 11 weeks to finish so I understand your point. I keep a journal of when they pop from the medium, when I water and feed as well as transition points such as signs of flower beginning. What I mention are the facts as I know them so if it looks odd to you, I can’t explain that. This is only my second grow but first Amnesia Haze so my knowledge is quite limited.

Ahhhh a Auto, not sure u said that at first, makes much more sense

Like mentioned before never judge leaves by trics, the degrade much faster than buds

Also, usually when they say flower time with autos it's the total grow time

Now Crap King has had some serious issues for sure in the past, so who really knows...lol

How many weeks is she total now? Looks like she is pretty close to done

Wow that looks great for 5 weeks. In the future so this does not happen again try keeping a grow log. I myself just use a good old spirial noteboog and on the laft margin side I turn the notebook sideways and write the week number of each strain you are growing, I also put the date from XXX to XXo Then when I am finished with that week I put a line on what ever date is the end of the week and start a new one here are some picts of my current log

Attachments

• IMG_20190517_154741198[1].jpg
    IMG_20190517_154741198[1].jpg
    684.9 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_20190517_154750592[1].jpg
    IMG_20190517_154750592[1].jpg
    423.9 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_20190517_154908955[1].jpg
    IMG_20190517_154908955[1].jpg
    560 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_20190517_154917597[1].jpg
    IMG_20190517_154917597[1].jpg
    591.7 KB · Views: 135
Also, usually when they say flower time with autos it's the total grow time

Now Crap King has had some serious issues for sure in the past, so who really knows...lol

How many weeks is she total now? Looks like she is pretty close to done
Now I’m confused. CKS told me that they refer just to flowering time. So, I count day 1 as the first day it pops out of the medium. In this case, Feb 19. Topped March 14. Grew like crazy but no sign of flower until April 10, that’s 7 weeks, long time for an auto so I called CKS and they said these things happen... not much help. So, counting from April 10, that makes it 5.5 weeks in flower. So, as I mentioned before, I’m a new grower, and a bit confused as to what stage this thing really is at given the long veg time for an auto. I’m hooked though, I love growing. Learning everyday. My wife thinks I’m nuts as I enjoy having coffee with my girls every morning. Just chopped my Northern Lights and currently drying, have a White Widow and Crown Royale photo on the go as well.
CD5A14B1-5ADF-44E0-A6BD-6190BF06812D.jpeg

Like I said, Crap Kings has some issues, why they no longer are a sponsor here

Have u switched to 12/12 light, or normal veg light?

Either way they look good

That sounds like unstable genes, a full auto would be well ready and a photo plant like the Barneys farm Amnesia Haze Ivhave grown looks nothing like tgat and would not have flowered.

Why does everyone on here think that autos have to start flowering straight away?
It is absolutely normal for an auto to take 7 weeks to flower. I average exactly that before the first pistils pop, 49 days. Been growing nearly 4 years now and happens every single time. I called it in the first couple posts of my current journal and I went bang on time. They're on 12/12 in my flower tent and still took 7 weeks. Day 55ish now and still got another week of stretch before she hits bloom.
100% normal and anyone who says otherwise needs to go do some homework.

Why does everyone on here think that autos have to start flowering straight away?
It is absolutely normal for an auto to take 7 weeks to flower. I average exactly that before the first pistils pop, 49 days. Been growing nearly 4 years now and happens every single time. I called it in the first couple posts of my current journal and I went bang on time. They're on 12/12 in my flower tent and still took 7 weeks. Day 55ish now and still got another week of stretch before she hits bloom.
100% normal and anyone who says otherwise needs to go do some homework.
Thanks for weighing in Barney. Any opinion on the odd amber trichome at this stage?

Btw, sorry about double pic above. Can’t edit it now.

Thanks for weighing in Barney. Any opinion on the odd amber trichome at this stage?

Btw, sorry about double pic above. Can’t edit it now.
None whatsoever mate lol. I don't check mine, just chop when they look ready.
Leaves it a bit more of a surprise as to what kind of dunt it will give :)

Back
Top Bottom