Amnesia Haze Grow Log - First Grow: Tips!

Blayzed

:yummy: Hey Guys, Here's the story on my new little Amnesia Haze Plant. My friend was given a clone called Amnesia Haze (cut and cloned on 11/6/09). After he took the plant, he decided he didn't want it, so he threw it it a ziplock bag, put it in his garage, and gave up on it. Once I heard that, I decided that I would try to save him. unfortunately It was in the bag for like a week until he would let me pick it up (never watered, sat in the dark), so it was in pretty bad shape (plus whoever decided to clone it didn't dip the stem in the "rooting-agent", so it hadn't even grown roots yet. I knew I was getting myself into a lot, but I can never let a little, helpless budd plant die off, and I'm determined to save him. This is my first time ever trying to grow (and I'm on an EXTREMELY tight budget, so I'm doing the best I can with what I have around the house). If anyone has any tips or advise (especially if it involves things that I might have around the house). I will try to be uploading pics pretty frequently.

INFO:
Strain: Amnesia Haze, Cloned 11/6/09 Don't know sex or kind yet
Light: Not sure exactly, looks fluorescent but he said its a real grow light
Soil: Random Mix, decent
Pot: small bucket, maybe 2gl (holes cut in bottom)
Temp: 75-80
No Fertilizer yet

Here are some pics from about the first 4 days I had it (11 days after being Cloned). It was extremely messed up, and it's light cycle was messed up because it was in the dark for a week. I started it on a full 24/7 cycle, watering about every other day.

11/17/09
AH_Nov_17th.jpg

AH_Nov_17th.jpg

11/18/09
AH_Nov_18th_2.jpg

AH_Nov_18th.jpg

AH_Nov_18th_3.jpg

11/19/09
AH_Nov_19th_2.jpg

AH_Nov_18th_3.jpg

Here's a link to my other grow log Retard Haze
Haze Grow Journal First Time Grower (Please Leave Thoughts or Tips!)

Day 1 (Day 56) Amnesia Haze Grow Log - First Grow (Tips!) 01/10/10

:rollit: Finally, After 56 days after it was "Cloned" (I put it in quotes cuz whoever cloned it did a shitty ass job and didn't know what they where doing), It started growing, and sprouting new stems. There are actually a bunch of new shoots coming from everywhere! It actually looks like I've saved it, and it's started to look like a real plant lol (still short though). Since it's back to a normal plant, I'm going to call this day 1 haha

1/10/10
AH_Jan_10th1.jpg

It's Leaves
AH_Jan_10th_21.jpg

Healthy Leaf
AH_Jan_10th_Leaf.jpg

AH_Jan_10th_Leaves.jpg

Close up on Stock
AH_Jan_10th_Stock.jpg

Stall Day 1, Full Closet Pics Amnesia Haze Grow Log - First Grow (Tips!)

Its still 1/10/10, but I just wanted to post some pics of my closet, and the full setup. Like I said before, I am completely strapped on funds, so Im forced to work with what I can. The other plant is my "Retard Haze", which was started from a seed I found in a little sack I bought lol (I am doing a Grow Log for that aswell, and it will be up soon).

AH_and_Retard_Jan_10th.jpg

AH_and_Retard_Jan_10th_2.jpg

AH_and_Retard_Jan_10th_3.jpg

AH_and_Retard_Jan_10th_4.jpg

Thats awesome that you were able to save it. It looks real healthy. If anything, it is ready for another bump in the nutes. You might want to think about getting a couple CFLs or some other form of lighting other than the T8 bulbs that you have. Since you are on a budget, CFLs could be an option that would buy you some time. Some growers go the entire grow with just CFLs, but they usually buy many of them, which ends up costing similar to a small HID, which would put out far more lumens.

Thats awesome that you were able to save it. It looks real healthy. If anything, it is ready for another bump in the nutes. You might want to think about getting a couple CFLs or some other form of lighting other than the T8 bulbs that you have. Since you are on a budget, CFLs could be an option that would buy you some time. Some growers go the entire grow with just CFLs, but they usually buy many of them, which ends up costing similar to a small HID, which would put out far more lumens.
thanks alot! I was pretty skeptical when I first saw it lol, i was super scared the first week haha. Yeah, i definitely need to buy some better lights in the future cuz there's no way mine now will last (its not even sufficient now lol). what do you recommend? and im sorry for the stupid question, but im new lol... what kind of nutes show i use/get? when and how is the best time to use them?

Blayzed, it really depends on you. Since you are on a budget, CFLs are probably the way to go for now. You will be able to get through veg and flower, but your yield will be small unless you buy a ton of them. I always recommend a HID for flowering when people ask about lighting, but that is a significant expense (~200$). Plus, you would need increased air circulation due to the heat output of the light.

Nutes are personal preference too. The more expensive brands are Advanced Nutrients and Botanicare Pure Blend Pro. A little less is General Hydroponics Flora series, Fox Farm, and Technaflora's BC series.

All of those listed above are for hydro, but most can be used as a soil fert too. I can't tell what your soil mix is, but chances are, its a high peat based (soilless) mix. Let me know a little more about your dirt and your budget and Ill point you in the right direction.

Yeah, I had no idea CFL's were what they were lol. I actually have a buttload of extra bulbs like those, Im just gonna need to find the plugs for em. anyone know the cheapest ballpark price?
well, the soil was a mix of 2 pretty good soils (one had a bit of fertilizer), and i pretty much have $0. Im out of a job, and both of my parents are permanently disabled and cant work (plus i have 2 siblings), so were as strapped as you can be

you can buy sockets for those lights at any home improvement store (Lowes, Home Depot) for around 1-2$. If you are that strapped, ferts will be a problem. Find whatever you can afford. If it is a chemical fert, you better start reading on this forum about flushing.

Good news, I was able to gather up some lights and sockets (I even had to use some of the shields from my brother's bearded dragon setup haha). I know it's not the best setup, but its a hell of a lot better than it was with just the Florescent Lights lol

Current lights are:
CFL 20w w/ Shield
CFL 20w w/ Shield
CFL 20w
CFL 14w w/ Shield
2 Random Fluorescent "Grow Lights"

New_Lights.jpg

New_Lights_2.jpg

New_Lights_3.jpg

If you get the two bulb sockets into one plug adapter's, you will be able to add 4 bulbs per socket for relatively cheap (use 3, the first one and two plugged into it). I think they are pretty cheap at hardware store.

Y_adapater.jpg

Seen at Ace Hardware for $1.59. Cheapest way to add sockets for bulbs.

:ganjamon:

Day 8 (Cloned Day 64)!!! Amnesia Haze Grow Log - First Grow

1/17/10

:roorrip: Hey Everyone, just wanted to update you guys a week from when it finally started growing (the messed-up cloning really stunted it). Ive just added a splitter-bulb socket, so i've added 1 more CFL, and I've also added another bulb, so plus another CFL's, so It's now

Lights:
3 20W CFL's w/ Hood
1 14W CFL w/ Hood
1 20W CFL
1 15W CFL Cone
2 unknown Florescent Grow Lights

I will hopefully be buying a couple more sockets and socket-splitters, and I will update you guys on those new Pics.

But sadly, I've got a bit of bad news about my little Amnesia Haze... 2 nights ago, I went in to check on it, and one of the 20W CFL's (w/ hood) slipped down off of its stand, and the bulb was pretty much touching the top 3 leaves of the plant :( (the ones that were starting to show a huge growth spurt). I'm not positive about exactly how long the lights was there, but the leaves were burnt pretty bad. I was able to save 3/4's of the biggest leaf, and Luckily it didn't burn the node, so it looks like its recovering there. Well here are some current Pics:

Jan. 17th
AH_Jan_17th_3.jpg

AH_Jan_17th_2.jpg

AH_Jan_17th.jpg

4 Weeks into Budding!!!

UPDATE: before flowering, i cut the main stock to attempt to "supercrop" it, which worked well, and now theres about 8 good stocks, 4 main, beastly king cola spots. theres not many leaves because i prunned most of the water leaves so it could focus its energy on the buds

Hey guys, sorry i havent posted lately, i just wanted to wait until there were some significant changes... I started budding Feb. 6th, so were a little past 4 weeks into budding. be aware that the plant started out extremely stunted, and it veged for a while, so its may be alittle behind most plants at 4 weeks of flowering, and it will probably end up being a 12 week budder. and ive been putting a bit of brown sugar every 4 or 5 waterings so the buds will fatten up and be sweeter :)

0310002021.jpg

0310002022.jpg

0310002022a.jpg

0310002023.jpg

0310002023a.jpg

0310002023b.jpg

0310002024.jpg

0310002025.jpg

0310002025a.jpg

0310002025b.jpg

0310002026.jpg

0310002026a.jpg

0310002027.jpg

0310002027a.jpg

0310002027b.jpg

0310002028.jpg

0310002028a.jpg

0310002030.jpg

Hi Blayzed,

Is this grow still alive?
If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Hey man I’m having the exact same problem you had and can’t find a solution as I’m a learner, but could you tell me everything you did please I’ve got three of the little guys not looking healthy

Hey man I’m having the exact same problem you had and can’t find a solution as I’m a learner, but could you tell me everything you did please I’ve got three of the little guys not looking healthy
This is an abandoned journal from 2010.

Please post your question, ideally with photos, in Frequently Asked Questions where you'll get plenty of help.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom