Amnesia Haze: low humidity

JBVT

Hi all. I am hoping for some suggestions on how to increase the humidity level in my tent. My girls seem to be doing well, but my RH has been around 44%. I have put a couple of large containers of water in the tent with them, but it's not doing much to increase it. I have also hung wet towels in the tent as well. Same results. Should I buy a small cool water mist humidifier? If I put this in my tent with my plants, will this promote leaf burn? This is only my second grow, so I still have a lot to learn. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!

Hiya JBVT I'm on my second grow too and not smart enough to weigh in on the specific benefits and drawbacks related to RH levels, but I have a rumination on it! I didn't find the passive methods very successful in changing my humidity the first time around either but I found a decent cool mist for cheap. It did the job but took up space and really was kinda a pain in the ass to fill and needed to be cleaned regularly. I ran it a while, but eventually turned that and the heater off for the sake of energy consumption. Granted my humidity is a little higher in my basement where I'm current growing but I don't think I gained much raising from mid 40's to mid 50's- 60's in relation to the energy I burned where I was before. Same with a heater, it gets to low 60's in my basement so I was keeping it cranked to 75 when really the plants do fine in low 60's at night just like they would outside (I was told this by some pot jedi here of course), so it was another matter of energy cost savings for me.

I have a app from my electric company that shows how much I use a daily...I recently turned off a cfl home brew light and replaced 2 cheap led's with a Mars Hydro 700, my cost dropped like $.40/day! So it was a cost/benefit thing for me in the end, and I ended up with a decent haul. Anyway, there's my two pennies! Cheers, luck to your grow! :yahoo:

I used an ultrasonic cool mist in my 2x4 tent. Mine had a warning to not use it on a timer so I had to manually adjust it daily. This works if you can be near your tent all the time. I had to turn it off at lights out or it got up to 88% humidity.

They work great if you can get a model that can be attached to a humidity controller. And never run them the same time as a carbon filter, it will clog it up fast.

Do you have a fan pointing at your towels?

Hi Vg - I don't have the cool mist .. but I hung up a very damp thick bath towel, (and yes, the fan is pointed at it) and that seemed to help. I will certainly think of getting the cool mist - anything to make it a little easier! Thanks for the pointer on the carbon filter as well.

Hiya JBVT I'm on my second grow too and not smart enough to weigh in on the specific benefits and drawbacks related to RH levels, but I have a rumination on it! I didn't find the passive methods very successful in changing my humidity the first time around either but I found a decent cool mist for cheap. It did the job but took up space and really was kinda a pain in the ass to fill and needed to be cleaned regularly. I ran it a while, but eventually turned that and the heater off for the sake of energy consumption. Granted my humidity is a little higher in my basement where I'm current growing but I don't think I gained much raising from mid 40's to mid 50's- 60's in relation to the energy I burned where I was before. Same with a heater, it gets to low 60's in my basement so I was keeping it cranked to 75 when really the plants do fine in low 60's at night just like they would outside (I was told this by some pot jedi here of course), so it was another matter of energy cost savings for me.

I have a app from my electric company that shows how much I use a daily...I recently turned off a cfl home brew light and replaced 2 cheap led's with a Mars Hydro 700, my cost dropped like $.40/day! So it was a cost/benefit thing for me in the end, and I ended up with a decent haul. Anyway, there's my two pennies! Cheers, luck to your grow! :yahoo:

Hi PB - thanks for your suggestions - I may get a cool mist, but will try different routes first. Wet towel has seemed to help. I hear you re the electricity costs - BUT - in the end it's worth it.

Back
Top Bottom