amount of fingers?

Re: amount of fingers???

the fingers really don't have anything to do with the sex from what i know I mean I wouldnt count on that as an indicator

Nah, but it is used as an indicator as to the sex.

5 or less , Male

5 or more, Female

that is bull, cuz i have 2 male plants that had the same amount of fingers as my female... so0o i dont kno wut your sayin

Once again, Depends on strain :)

"The probable future sex of a pre-floral hemp plant can be guessed at by calculating the Leaf-Mass Index (LMI): Count the points (3, 5, 7) on 3 leaves in the center of a cluster. Divide that number by 3 to determine the average number of points. Repeat the process several times, and figure that average also. Multiply the two averages to determine the LMI. A high LMI indicates that the plant will be female.

The phyllotaxy changes to alternate just before the onset of flowering. Then the sex of the plant can be determined by making a close examination of the upper nodes of the main stem. The onset of flowering is indicated by the appearance of undifferentiated primordial buds behind the stipules at the nodes of the petioles (along the stem at the base of branches). Within a few days they differentiate. The male pistils are flat or knobby with a curved shape and 5 open petals about 5 mm. long; they have a single tiny stalk. Overlapping vegetation often disguises their appearance.

The female develops pairs of flowers surrounded by pointed bracts of protective leaves that will enclose the seed. The female stigma usually appear as 2 fuzzy white hairs forming a “V” that protrudes from a bract. Resinous hairs (glandular trichromes) cover the calyx (2-6 mm long). "

what can I say, works for me.
I end up with less than 2% males in my flower area :)

Nah, but it is used as an indicator as to the sex.

5 or less , Male

5 or more, Female

Dude, this is entirely 100% untrue. Ive had NUMEROUS males have full 7 fingered leaves that i was breeding with females. Leaves have nothing to do with sex nor do they have to do with the potency of the bud. Leaves are for photosynthesis so the plant can make glucose and what not and make energy for itself. If you know the slightest bit of anything about growing you would not of said that.

i aslo believe once a plant is capable to make 5 finger leaves it has matured into vegitative state. Once in veg if you end up seeing new growth producing three finger leaves again, you have caused some sort of stress to the plant.

SB

what are you talking about man? the veggitive stage begins as soon as your seedling pops up through the soil.

Dude, this is entirely 100% untrue. Ive had NUMEROUS males have full 7 fingered leaves that i was breeding with females. Leaves have nothing to do with sex nor do they have to do with the potency of the bud. Leaves are for photosynthesis so the plant can make glucose and what not and make energy for itself. If you know the slightest bit of anything about growing you would not of said that.

Within the first 4-7 nodes? First month?

What can I say, works for me :)

i aslo believe once a plant is capable to make 5 finger leaves it has matured into vegitative state. Once in veg if you end up seeing new growth producing three finger leaves again, you have caused some sort of stress to the plant.

SB
I think you mean vegitative maturity and not "matured into veg. state". Correct?

The only thing that your leaves should tell you is what strain of cannabis the plant is dominated by.

Long skinny fingers. lot's of them 5-13 - Sativa

Shorter, fatter fingers. less of them 5-9 - Indica

i have found that plants start to decrease the amount of fingers if they are unhappy for a long time.

this happens much faster in clones of clones of clones...
a few days of being rootbound and poof, 3 fingers, 2 fingers, 1 finger?! heeeeey fu too, plant! :laughtwo:

I tell Ya's the Leaf-Mass Index method works for me, very well.
First month with 4-7 nodes.

I end up with less than 2% males in my flower area from seedlings.

In fact I have noticed with my strain,
if the third set is 7 points, it's always a she.

Take a close look, you may be surprized :)

I tell Ya's the Leaf-Mass Index method works for me, very well.
First month with 4-7 nodes.

I end up with less than 2% males in my flower area from seedlings.

In fact I have noticed with my strain,
if the third set is 7 points, it's always a she.

Take a close look, you may be surprized :)

if you have 2% males popping up then its not a good method at all...for if it was a real way to tell sex your ratios should be 100% female

Damagoman, like EVERYONE(myself included) in this thread said already, the amount of fingers on a plant has NOTHING to do with sex. it just doesnt.

well so far all of my little children have 7 and one hase 9, and i thinkk i counted 11 on the new set coming out off of the 9 fingerd plant. im pretty sure all of them are females cause ive already taken out 1 male and this was about a week abo so im sure if i had any more i wouldve notice the differnt growing pattern..

if you have 2% males popping up then its not a good method at all...for if it was a real way to tell sex your ratios should be 100% female

I'd take 98% anyday...he doesn't have to wait for flowers, so he should be able to tell earlier. Seems to me that DaMago has his own plant that he knows real well :)

Back
Top Bottom