AMSTERDAM....im on my way!

YouKnowIToke

i recently decided i will make it my goal too visit amsterdam w/ my g/f. im wondering how much would a bare bones trip cost,(2 people) and how much $ should i expect to bring...if anyone has gone lately, please lemme know how much the total bill was after a great time. thanks

ps- i know the coffeeshops have great bud of all kinds, but i am also a big coffee drinker, how is the coffee??????????

If you want more info on AmDam, use the search engine and check out PurpleMonkey's reply in most of those threads. Pretty sure he's one of the the ones around here that has been there the most times.

af420balla said:
I"m going to Cannabis cup 2007 with my stepdad and I plan on spending 1500 on plane and board maybe a couple hundred less, and bringing like 1500 or 2000 cash to spend, remember is you have 100american dollars, that's only 75euros, so u lose 25percent of your money with the exhange rate.

Er... What? You exchange your money for what it would be worth in that country, you might lose a little for a conversion charge which is tiny, but you don't lose 25% of your money. Likewise 75 euros can be converted for a hundred dollars. Euros have more strength and power than the dollar.

Hazy, I believe he meant that Americans lose 25% of their money's value, just as Canadians lose 30% of their monetary value when coverting to our dollar. Bascialy, 32 US dollars will NOT equal 32 Euros.
Yes, do a search. I believe in the FAQ section I posted a long ass thread specificaly for Amsterdam tarvel with links and suggestions. I myself am heading out there again in December :)
-PM

Thepurplem0nkey said:
Hazy, I believe he meant that Americans lose 25% of their money's value, just as Canadians lose 30% of their monetary value when coverting to our dollar. Bascialy, 32 US dollars will NOT equal 32 Euros.
Yes, do a search. I believe in the FAQ section I posted a long ass thread specificaly for Amsterdam tarvel with links and suggestions. I myself am heading out there again in December :)
-PM

Obviously the a number of dollars won't equal the same amount of euros in number but you should more or less retain monetary value, 75 Euros should last more or less as long as a 100 dollars would in the States. The price of things over there will be less, ie something that costs 10 dollars in the states should cost about 7 euros fifty cents over there so the value or staying power of the money equals out. But then again, I am unsure of comparitive pricing over there. It was just that af420balla said that because you get 75 euros to 100 dollars you lose 25% of the moneys value, but that is not an indicator of the value of the money since the pricing system is different.

Back
Top Bottom