Amsterdam Travel Guide

Thepurplem0nkey

Ok, I've seen so many threads go off topic and turn into panning sessions for traveling to Amsterdam, I decided to create in depth thread about it for those interested in the subject. I have been to Amsterdam 3 times and traveled months at a time throughout Europe, always the student backpacking style as I am not rich.

First, you need to plan a TIME to go. I have ONLY been to Europe during the winter months, due to my visual impairment (Light makes me sick, literally). But winter, while very cold, snowy, and wet, offers some excellent advantages. First of all, it is a L O T less crowded. Prices are CHEAPER for lodging. Europeans abound, not tourists from OTHER countries/continents.
Summer time, however, offers a much larger crowd, with the stress if lines and competing for rooms with the other millions of travelers seeking accommodation. It is much warmer, some say prettier, and you won't have any problem meeting fellow Americans or other travelers.
Spring is probably one of the best times to go, especially to Amsterdam, due to the beauty and cultural events. Amsterdam and the Netherlands are known for their beautiful Tulips and flowers, and this is the time to see them
Fall is also an ideal time to go. You can hop over to Germany for Oktoberfest, the weather isn’t too hot and it's not too cold yet.
I'll reiterate that the most AFFORDABLE time to go is winter, after New Years.

Ok, so once you have a time decided, you need to start planning on how you are going to get there. Most suckers will simply shell out money for a standard ticket. That’s good if you have an unlimited budget. For those of us with less disposable assets, we want to find better deals then the outrageous amounts they charge at the airlines. Your BEST BET for affordable tickets is to buy a student fare. Even if you are not a student, you might still be able to get away with telling whatever company that you ARE a student. One time, when I was out of school after graduating, I merely went to my college’s web page and copied my transcripts into a word document. I then changed the date of the semester to show I was currently a student, and that got me a student ticket. A student ticket round trip to Amsterdam, will run you around 600 bucks after taxes, maybe a bit less if you get it early enough.
Here are two of the best sights for student tickets I know of:
www.statravel.com
www.studentuniverse.com

Well, let’s say you don’t want to or can not possibly pass for a student. No problem. There are many other options. If you are going to be spending less than two weeks in any given location, you can get courier passage. What's a courier? Well, companies are shipping things all the time. It’s cheaper to send an item with an individual, such as papers, documents, or whatever, than it is to ship it. So a courier agrees to fly to whatever destination the item is going to, deliver it to the designated individual at the airport of destination, and then travel back with ANOTHER item a week or so later. This has been a popular way for CHEAP travel since the 60's. I'm sure I'm not explaining it very well because I have never used the service (My father has numerous times) but it's common practice, nothing shady, anything like that. The tickets usually run you 100-250 bucks. There IS a catch, however.. Generally speaking, courier flights are not set in stone. In other words, if you MUST leave on December 20th for Amsterdam, and you have NO leeway, then you can’t do a courier flight. A courier flight would state, you are leaving anytime on December 18, 19th, 20th, or 21st. SO, SOME flexibility is required. Also, if you are planning on spending a month or so abroad a courier flight, round trop, is fairly short, a week or s at the most.

Ok, so you don’t want courier OR student flights. Your next best bet is to scour the internet for good deals. My buddy was able to find a flight on Luftstansa (A German airline), without claiming he was a student, for cheaper than I got my STUDENT ticket on US Airways. He looked around better than I did. Look at all the airlines that go to Europe, many f which are based in Europe so you might not have heard of. Visit their pages and look for specials. Also, go to all of the bargain websites you can possibly find. Google searching for "cheap tickets" or "cheap flights" will probably bring up a wealth of these web pages. Some offer amazing deals, some are obviously shite.

Now you have your ticket, what next? Now you need to make arrangements for your lodging. I can NOT stress enough the greatness of Hostels. I know there has been a movie out recently about torture that involves hostels, but I have stayed in over 30 hostels in Europe, most of which are the same as hotels, just designed for young travelers. Don’t think hostels are scummy, dirty, torture palaces, that’s ridiculous. Hostels have been a European tradition for over a hundred years, maybe even longer. I’m going to lay out exactly what a hostel IS, for those not in the know.
A HOSTEL is basically affordable lodging for young travelers. In Europe, and much of the rest of the world, young people are encouraged to travel abroad before going to university. But because they are young, they obviously do not haven a lot of cash. Thus, the hostel system was created. Hostels also encourage cultural diversity, as most young travelers stay at them. A hostel is generally a dorm style accommodation. Every hostel I have stayed at has a few options: 12 bed dorm. This is a large room with 12 beds in it that you share with 12 other travelers. I have stayed in these in Germany when I forgot to make a reservation and the other rooms were filled. Not the most fun, because ASSHOLES are found in EVERY country, and in a room that you share with 11 other people, there's bound to be an asshole from some country in the group. This asshole will come in when everyone is sleeping at 1am, drunk, noisy, and oblivious, turning on lights and waking everyone up. Not the most fun, but at 12-18 bucks a night, how can you go wrong? Next, there are 8, 6, 4, and 2 bedded rooms. The less beds, generally speaking, the higher the price. TO share a room with 3 of your buddies (IE: Get a 4 bedded room) would run each of you about 30 bucks a night. When I travel alone, I generally make reservations for 6 beds and below, just because the 12 bedded rooms are generally louder, and I can afford spending the extra 5-10 bucks for less people.
Hostels usually have a shower and bathroom on each floor that everyone on that floor ahs access too. Some hostels, particularly in Amsterdam, have showers and bathrooms PER ROOM! In a hostel, you get a bunk bed, but you must bring your own (recommended) or rent sleep sheets. A sleep sheet is basically a sleeping bag made out of sheets. Every hostel I have been too also provides you with a locker next to your bed (bring your own lock and chain) to store your valuables, a washing machine/dryer, a bar, a restaurant, and a travel information center. Every hostel has a time period where you must be out of your room. This is to not only allow the people to clean it up (like maid service), but it also encourages you to get out and explore.
Hostels are run by the GOVERNMENT in most countries, such as Germany. But there are MABNY privately owned hostels as well. For example, there's a group called HOSTELING INTERNATIONAL, an American based group that has hostels in every country. Their hostels have specific standards, such as no smoking indoors, cleanliness requirements of rooms, required smoke detectors in each room (Which I covered with a zip lock bag to enjoy my marijuana) and other standards most Americans have grown accustomed to. Their hostel in Amsterdam, which is located near Vondelpark (South West Amsterdam), is no different than a hotel. Each room has its OWN toilet and shower. Each room has its OWN electronic door lock activated by a credit card type key. They have a downstairs bar/eatery, travel information, internet access, and they are very clean and polite. No torture, No roaches. And....no dugs ;-) All Hostel International’s do not allow drug use....even in Amsterdam. You smoke outside. I smoked inside all the time and no one bothered me, but it's just something to be aware of.
Then there are the privately owned hostels, such as another hostel in Amsterdam, located right near the city square, train station, and every coffee shop in the city, called THE FLYING PIG. Their cleanliness level left something to be desired, in my opinion, but they ENCOURAGE pot smoking. They have a downstairs DVD room with a large TV and huge DVD library. They play FREE movies, while you hit the bong, eat a space cake, drink some Rum, gobble some fungus, or do whatever it is you do in Amsterdam. Their rooms ALSO have a private toilet and shower, although not as nice or big as Hostel Internationals.
Home

Finally, you can sty in a HOTEL, but what a WASTE OF MONEY that is, in my opinion. If your goal is to spend time in your room, then by all means waste your money on a hotel room. If your goal is to TRAVEL, spending time in your room to sleep, then go to a HOSTEL. I have nothing to really say about hotels. The only difference between an American hotel and a European hotel is size. Their bathrooms are tiny, their rooms are much smaller. Neff said.
If you are traveling in the wintertime, after New Years, Hostel's wont be a problem checking into. If you are traveling during the summer time, a reservation is a MUST if you want to stay there. Id recommend making reservations ANYWAY, there’s nothing worse than showing up, tired and grouchy, to a new place and learning that the place you planning on staying at is booked up because a local high school was on a field trip. Hostel International is the way to go, but spending on your personality, you may want to go somewhere else (such as the Flying Pig Downtown). That's where the internet comes into play. LOOK AROUND ONLINE, for hostels in Amsterdam, and then look for reviews of people who have stayed there. For example, I originally was going to stay at "Bobs Youth Hostel" in Amsterdam, because they were the most affordable. When I began reading reviews of people who have stayed there, I quickly cancelled my reservation. Complaints of dirty mattresses, fucked up bookings, and unsanitary rooms saved me from a possibly miserable stay. Just like hotels, there are always going to be shady, bad Hostels. That shouldn't villanize the 99% of the other ones that are excellent accommodations. DO YOUR RESEARCH! I have little sympathy for people who wind up staying in lousy hotels/hostels when a simple internet search would have told them it was shite in the first place.
Ok, so you have everything set....ticket and accommodations. NOW WHAT??? Well, now you get your as over there man!!! The most disorienting feeling is landing in a different country whose language you don’t speak. I usually land in Paris, and make my way over to Amsterdam. Fucking terrified the first time I did this, because while it may seem simple enough in your mind to exit a plane, it’s terribly difficult when every sign is in French and no one speaks English. How do you even FIND the freaking exit to get out of the Airport?? I took me a good HOUR to even exit the damned building the first time I was there. Then when you get outside, how do you find the train? There are busses, but which one LEADS to the train? Prepare yourself as much as you can BEFORE you get on the plane. Print out DETAILED DIRECTIONS on how to get to your hostel/hotel/point of destination. This will save you some headaches and lost time that could have been spent getting to know your area of interest, as opposed to stressing out and trying to figure out how to even GET there. Amsterdam is a good place for First timers to begin, as almost everyone there speaks English. Even still, the street signs are NOT like they are in the US. Street signs are much smaller, and are placed sporadically in Amsterdam. For example, one time I was following a street and the tiny sign was posted on the side of a building. At first glance, I assumed it was a plaque that went to the building. Another time, the street I was following was posted on the canopy of a local business. At first glance, it looked like the name of the business! Another thing to consider is that even if you can see the signs, they are much different. "Hollywood Way" "The Old Road", names like that don’t exist. More like, "Dkjrollt" and "Stpfhinglok" which look the same after a while and are confusing to those who don’t speak Dutch. So...HAVE DIRECTIONS, with mileage, at the ready so you at least have SOME idea of where you are supposed to go.
Also, prior to leaving, study up on the local customs. In Paris, it is the custom to say "Bonjour" when you enter an establishment to the owner, or if it's night time, "Bonsoir", which means good day/ good night. I said that EVEYR time I entered a store, and never had ANY rudeness from anyone, even though I didn’t speak French. I noticed SEVERAL Americans who entered the store, and unaware of the cultural norm, said nothing. They were treated very rudely. So, are the French rude people, or were the Americans? In this case, the Americans were. It would be like someone sitting next to you letting out a huge fart and not saying anything. A crime? No. Rude enough to piss you off? Yes. The same principle applies here. Learn the customs of where you are going, including the BASIC "Thank You", "Hello" and "Goodbye". Not only is it the CONSIDERATE thing to do when entering another country, but it will help you get by.
Keep in mind also of where you come from and how you represent that place. When in America, there is NOTHING wrong with acting like an American. When abroad, you should act like the locals. In Amsterdam, for example, it is expected that you sit in an empty seat....regardless if that seat is at a table where strangers are already sitting. I always have to chuckle to myself when I’m in Amsterdam and I'm sitting down enjoying a smoke; there are usually about 3 empty seats scattered throughout the place. An American will always walk in, and look around, noticing no empty booth or table, and stand there like a putz for 30 minutes, sometimes even an hour...until a table opens up and they scurry over to it, only to have strangers sit next to them LOL. The thing to do is to go up to a table, and ask politely if it's ok for you to sit there. I have N E V E R had anyone say no, and many times they don’t even speak my language. The only people I have seen no (and it wasn’t to me) was...surprise...a group of young American's.
Along the same subject, DO NOT...I repeat...DO NOT expect people to speak English to you. In other words, it's terribly rude to go up to a stranger in another country and begin spouting off English at them. It's the same principle as if some Mexican dude acme into your place of business and began jibber jabbing to you in Spanish. You’d probably be a little ticked. Always learn the phrase "DO you speak English" in whatever language the country uses. If it's too difficult, at the very least ASK the person "DO you speak English” in English before getting into a talk. Most people DO know it, and will appreciate you asking them first, as opposed to assuming EVERYONE speaks English. If they say NO, you can still communicate, just be creative. The point is, you extended a courtesy, and it's been my experience traveling that most people are polite and nice you are polite and curious as well. I have NO PROBLEM with a Mexican coming into my business and speaking broken English to me, or asking me if I speak Spanish. At least the dude is making an effort, or giving me the courtesy of letting me know he doesn’t speak English.
Well, that’s all I could think of to write down. Post here any questions you might have, Ill try my best to answer them.
On a final note, I'd greatly appreciate it if responses to this thread were limited to questions on travel to amsterdam, as opopsed to the usual "Wow, sounds like fun, I want to go bad'. There are enoguh threads about AMSTERDAM to post that in. The idea is to make this thread a mecca of information for people wishing to travel to Amsterdam. Thanks.
-PM

Any specific coffee shop etiquette that we should know about? I hear it's customary to buy something to drink or eat at some point in your visit...

Good question j8. Yes, it is considered "against the rules" to sit dwn in a coffeeshop and not buy anything, Smoking weed NOT bought at the shop is perfectly acceptable, as long as your purchase something at the place you are sitting; I usualy sit down and buy a drink.
Also, ASK the people selling the goods what they recomend and exactly what you are looknig for. THey are very skilled and very knowledgable, and can hook you up.
-PM

Thepurplem0nkey said:
Good question j8. Yes, it is considered "against the rules" to sit dwn in a coffeeshop and not buy anything, Smoking weed NOT bought at the shop is perfectly acceptable, as long as your purchase something at the place you are sitting; I usualy sit down and buy a drink.
Also, ASK the people selling the goods what they recomend and exactly what you are looknig for. THey are very skilled and very knowledgable, and can hook you up.
-PM
Anything that seems to piss the dealers off?

Not having ID, lingering around teh counter when other people are buyig tings, and when people attempt to ourchase more than 5 grams at a time (DUnno if youa ll know this, but you can only legaly purcahse 5 grms of weed in Amsteradm). Other than that, everyone was way nice. If you show up enough, the dealers start giving you free goodies too.
-PM

Thepurplem0nkey said:
Not having ID, lingering around teh counter when other people are buyig tings, and when people attempt to ourchase more than 5 grams at a time (DUnno if youa ll know this, but you can only legaly purcahse 5 grms of weed in Amsteradm). Other than that, everyone was way nice. If you show up enough, the dealers start giving you free goodies too.
-PM
Ah, so it would be a good idea to have ID on me. 18 is the legal age right? BTW, is 18 the legal drinking age? I hear you can buy beer/wine at 16. Oh, and I'm going to PM you about other things that you can buy in Amsterdam.

18 is the legal age to buy marijuana AND alcohol. You can probably buy alcohol if you are UNDER 18, but I can't say for certain as I've never been there as an under 18 year old.
And I might as well get into this because I'm sure it will be asked: Yes, you CAN buy fungus, IE special types of mushrooms, in what are called "smart shops". Smart shops are plentiful, with a wide seletion of fungus and other psychadelic plants, hebrs, and spices. Fungus is actually much MORE legal than the marijuana, as they are considered "herbs", and you can buy as much of it as you wish.
-PM

I havent read any of this but I am saving it because I would like to make the trip to the promise land one day.

what type of id is acceptable? does an american license do the trick or is it a passport? also since 5 grams is all you can legally buy, is that all you can legally buy at one time or is that all your aloud to possess period? and what are the prices of weed, is it cheaper since there is so much or more expensive? also whats the fungus prices?

and how much spending money do you recomend you bring? i need to save up so i can make this happen.

and is everything really crowded? waiting lines for everything?

also i just saw the movie hostel tonight and i must say that it in no way would stop me from wanting to stay at a hostel, its just a movie lol.

btw great post monkey, it answered so many questions i had.

another question i just remembered is about all the sex joints in the area. are they all over the place? or is that more in the red light district, im not planning on going to them lol i was just wondering. it seems like they could attract some strange people so i wasnt sure if that would be all around.

what type of id is acceptable? does an american license do the trick or is it a passport?
You'll need a passport; not only to leave the country and enter another, but thast usualy the only for of ID accpted at the shops.
also since 5 grams is all you can legally buy, is that all you can legally buy at one time or is that all your aloud to possess period?
Well, thats all you are supposed to have on you at one time. Being thats the rule (It used to be 30 grams) the shops will only sell you 5 grams at any given time. I never had any problem buying some stuff and accumulating more than 5 grams, and I was never hasstled over it.
and what are the prices of weed, is it cheaper since there is so much or more expensive?
Marijuana is much cheaper over there. It ranges in price from 5 bucks a gram for jamacain schwag to 6-12 bucks a gram for high end stuff. Hash, space cakes, oils, jellys, and joints are also sold. Bottom line, you can buy it wihtout any legal hasstle, smoke it in the shops without worring about johnny law, and you can buy to notch weed/hash at rock bottom prices.
also whats the fungus prices?
Well, fungus is considered a legal herb, so its not in any type odf legal peril. That means they are plentiful and affordable. Nuff said on that subject.
and how much spending money do you recomend you bring?
That entirely depends on how long you intend to stay and what your preference of accomodations are. If you're a budget travler like myself, you'll go for an 8 - 10 day trip, stay in hsotels, cook a majority of your meals (Hostels have kitchens, I forgot to mention that. The kitchens are equipted with pots, pans, and cooking utentsils for the hostelers to use), and ar traveling with friends, I'd say about 40-60 bucks a day spending cash aught to cover it, if you budget accordingly. That allows you to buy a few new nugs, and share with friends. Obviousley, thats a budget trip right there. The more comfortable and the more fun you want to have the more it will cost.
and is everything really crowded? waiting lines for everything?
That depends on when you go really. SUmmer time will be crowded. I ususaly soend New Years in paris, and arrive in Amsterdam on the first of January. I have also spent New Years in Amsterdam. It was PACKED, just like in Paris, from the 30th of December until the 2nd of January. Then, it was freaking empty. DUring the busy periods, it can be very crowded, but if you go at the right time, you will have your run of the place where mostly only locals, or other European travelers, are in the city. That's my personal preference, but to each their own; some people enjoy the crowds. It's an entirely pesonal choice.
another question i just remembered is about all the sex joints in the area. are they all over the place? or is that more in the red light district,
Nah, it's only the red light disrict, and you will KNOW when you get there, you'll see all the red neojn lights and the area is a bit seedy LOL. It's weird, these girls sitting in a window looking at you as you walk by, like candy in a vending machine. Thats true free enterprise right there.
im not planning on going to them lol i was just wondering.
No way man, you SHOULD go there, it's part of the city and something worth seeing while you are there. I visit the red light distridt every tie I go, that doesnt mean I purchase the services of it's lovely ladies ;-) I personaly wouldn't go alone, and be very careful at night. But dont pass up an oppertunity to see one of the cities most popular attractions. Also, dont pass up on the van Goh Museum, The Rembrandt Museum, the Anne Farnk House, or the Heniekan Brewery (Which gets you 3 free beers straight off the tap, and a free souviner heineken beer glass and tin, all for 7 bucks for the tour).
-PM

Magic Mushroom, that sight is EXCELLENT, I have had that in my favorites for years and always use that as a reference when I go to Europe..
As for smoking outside, that's a very grey area. I think it's aceptable to smoke outside when it's appropriate; that is, you are not in a large, crowded area, where there are children. I would often, if the area was relatively clear, step to the side and smoke a bit, and I've seen locals do the same thing. But I think it's viewd as spitting on the sidewalk is viewed here....no one really wants to see you do it, and it's considered pretty rude if you do, but I DONT think the cops would hasstle you too much about it, nor would you get hasstled by local civillians (like you would get hasstled here). My opinion would be to reserve your smoking fort the shops and your accomodations, but if you really feel the need to spark up, make sure it's at an appropraite place devoid of children and crowds :)
Pfunk, thanks for the kind words. I have never been to the cannabis cup, because I enjoy visiting places when they are the least crowded, plus I have heard too many compalints about it to go. I think people should have their OWN cannabuis cups when they go to Amsterdam. Before my friends and I leave for Amsterdam, we scour the web for all the cannabis cup winners and competetors that competed against each other, and what strains were competeing. We then visit each club and buy nugs of all the winners and competetors, and judge for ourselves what the best weed/hash is...without having to pay exuberant fees, during the most crowded and expensive time to visit. But again, some people enjoy that type of atmosphere, so it all boils down to personal taste.
-PM

Yes, I type like a mother fucker, and my posts are usualy riddled with typos :) I know a bit about Amsterdam because I've been there a few times, but am not an expert. Just knowledgable about travel throughout Europe and from what I have personaly experienced in that city :)
-PM

Cris, I hop a train from Paris to Amsterdam. It's about a 3 hour train ride, and I think for a one way ticket it cost around 20 bucks/Euros. If you are leaving from spain, I bet there is a night train that go's to Amsterdam. A night train has what's called "couchets" (Pronounced "Koo-Chay"), which are basicaly compartments with 6 small bunk beds stacked on to of one another. You give the conductor your ticket and passport, and he handles all of the border crossings for you while you sleep through a 8-10 hour train ride (or however long it takes to get from Spain to Amsterdam) and wakes you up when you reach your destination.
It MIGHT be more economical, traveling from Spain to Amsterdam, to look into the local flights they offer. You might wind up paying (just guessing here) 100 bucks to travel 8 hours via train, but a flight might only run you 20 - 40 bucks for a 3 hour flight.
-PM

how is smuggling weed back to the usa dealt with? is there alot of sniffing dogs around the airport? is bringing weed back just completely out of the question? also what are the laws in other parts of europe, is weed illegal like the united states in other parts like paris and stuff?

Schnauzer said:
how is smuggling weed back to the usa dealt with? is there alot of sniffing dogs around the airport? is bringing weed back just completely out of the question? also what are the laws in other parts of europe, is weed illegal like the united states in other parts like paris and stuff?
Yes it's illegal all throughout Europe. Some laws are more lax that others, but weed is nevertheless illegal.

Schnauzer, I know a guy, we'll call him "TheMurpleP0nkey", who in his younger years brought back some goodies from Amsterdam, about an ounce of Hash and an ounce of weed. I wont tell you how becasue I dont want you trying it ;-) It was an incredibly STUPID move, and I dont recomend ANYONE do it. THere are much easier ways of getting goodies back into the states than bringing it yourself. Although it's a tad expensive, mailing yourself some goodies cleverly concealed in a container or however you think of to do it is MUCH safer, you wont go to jail as long as you put a fake name and address for a return (or leave it blank), and you dont need to stress out the entire flight back about wether or not you are going to get arrested when you land and go through customs. A Gnutella Jar (If you dont know what that is, you will when you get to Europe. They eat Gnutella with practicaly EVERYTHING), a jar of vasoline, a tin of cookies....all make excellent camoflauge (with their contents STILL INSIDE mind you, the goodies burried, in protective plastic, deep inside) for mailing your goodies home. Also, whenever I fly back from Amsterdam, there are ALWAYS drug dogs sniffing at the bags as they go around the carrosel. My friend, TheMurkePl0nkey, he managed to get by the dogs AND customs due to his due dilligance and master camoflauge techniques.....but he was sweating BALLS the entier time, ceratin he was about to go to a federal prison for smuggeling drugs, wondering why he was such a fucking dumbass for doing what he did, adrenaline pumping, and he had that awful feeling the entire 18 hours he was flying back to the states. DONT put yourself through that man, the risk is too great. TheMurkleP0nkey was just freaking lucky the times he got away with that, and sure enogh if he keep's trying that shit he WILL get caught eventualy. LUCK my friend, dont count on it. If you must bring something back, mail it home.
As for drug laws in other European places, you'll have to limit the countries down for me as EUrope is a big place :) Amsterdam itself does NOT HAVE legal marijuana. They have DECRIMINALIZED it, which is a difference. There are STILL laws governing marijuana in Asmterdam, such as no more than 5 grams at a time. Other countries, especially GERMANY are NOT pot friendly, and I DONT recomend traveling in other countries, except for Amsterdam, with weed on your person. I have heard Switzerland is prety lax with their weed laws. I know Germany checks the trains that come from Amsterdam into their border, and you dont want to be put in jail in a foreign country. One time I was traveling from Amsterdam to Germany, and they stopped our train for 3 hours on the border. Have you ever had a machine gun put into your face? Well, I did, along with some asshole german soldier sceraming at me in German....I felt like a Jew in Nazi Germany...except I was a Jew in MODERN Germany. When I had to show my American passport, you can bet your ass the german soldier searched my luggage. Good thing I wasnt carrying anything on me. The point is though, they just RANDOMLY searched an entire train, they didnt care who was delayed or who was iconvenienced. That's nothing against the German people, I loved Gemany and it's inhabitants.But, the risk of smuggling some weed is really not worth it. If you are going to Paris before or after, pick up a fwe bottles of Absinthe. Drink that when you are without weed, you wont regret it. Also sample the various local wines, beers, and alcohol offered in practialy EVERY town you visit. Amsterdam is THE PLACE for weed, but the rest of Europe has much more to offer without the risk and worry of getting caught in a foreign country. If you feel you MUST have some sort of weed product before leaving Amsterdam, I suggest purchasing a tincture in Amsterdam, if you can find it. A tincture, in case you dont know, is alcohol with weed left soaking in it for about a month. The crystals, or THC, dissolves in the alcohol. Once the weed is strained out of the drink, it is useless, as the alcohol will have completely dissolved all psychoactive ingridients. You now have "liquid weed" in alchol form. A few drops unde rthe tounge and you will be high as a mofo'. I still dont recomend doing it, but that is by far the safest way to get around wtih weed.
-PM

Back
Top Bottom