Amsterdam?

The King 420

Yeah so im going to amsterdam in july, its my first time.
I just have a few questions.

Prices ?
Good coffee Shops ?
Nightlife ?
Places to Avoid ?
Places to go ?
Recommended Strains ?

I would Appreciate any answers and advice! :) :tokin:

Go to Basjoe's coffee shop... best place me and my mates found in our 7 days and we tried all we seen. It had great prices and a great atmosphere. Chess and scrabble etc are available too for chilled out entertainment.

Cant remember exactly where it is but if you find it you'll love it.

Been there may times!

This is from memory of things I observed but didn't understand back then as I'd never even seen pot before. I lived in the EU for quite a while and this was another fun place to visit. If you are disabled and don't walk well, many places have steps and stairs.

Avoid the places that have buds prepackaged, especially the smaller ones. However, here you will find the more unusual strains. If you like night life, follow the crowds. The big places that you see advertised are always hopping! No matter what age you are, music you like, sexual preference, clubby or intimate, there is something for you. The red light district is beautiful in the day and still entertaining to walk down to what all the forms of people in the red windows. (yikes!!!!!) If you want to hang around with the 'nam vets, they own most of the shops. LOL!!! All English spoken there, even is smaller areas. Keep back up money in your shoes, as pick pocketers are good, when not stoned. If you have a plan of action before you go, it will fall to pieces the minute you arrive. :)))) I never felt unsafe, just stick with the crowds and lights. There are some GREAT finds off the beaten path, places the locals prefer. Sundays much closes early, the big places likely not. Once there, you can find any price and any kind of place to stay, from hostel to 4 star. People are very friendly, chemically so, or not. LOL

You MUST try a hash muffin!! It's been almost 2 years, and this was my first ever experience with MJ, nice and legal too or I'd never have had the guts. That convinced me to pursue this as having serious medicinal potential, not just for laughs. If you want a laugh, I'm allergic to smoke and was on a mission for a muffin. Don't eat a whole one! My entire experience was on muffin happy, avoiding smoke. The strains that were popular then where White Widow, White Russian, Jack Herer, Train Wreck, SuperSilverHaze. Research into popular US medicinal strains didn't get me far as only a few were what is popular there. Prices then were 10-20 Euro a gram. Almost all were well under $20 a gram, then. Most places then did not screen their buds. (now that I know what that is) The buds are sitting on months worth of keif in drawers, making them much more potent. :)))) It makes a difference! I wish I could remember my favorite places... You can try all sorts of bongs, hookahs, volcano, and other vaporizers in many of the the quieter shops. My second trip, I drove home with an Iolite, a huge waste of money. If you fly out, you can't bring anything that has been used. Waterpipes and grinders are fine, just don't use them first! You'd have to ask someone else about the fiasco to leave the country. I drove home each time. LOL

Souvenirs, there is a market sometimes on Saturday with stalls full of good deals on clothing and hemp made souvenirs. Otherwise, all the clothes and fabric goods are cheaper here, as are most grinders and other items. The best deals are in your hand blown glass bongs and pipes. Now that I know what those funny looking things are that I bought as decorations, I realize I pied less than 1/4 what they are here. Barter!!!!!

Warning, it is not legal to smoke MJ on the streets, in bars, or anywhere but in the coffee shop. People do, but beware. At least you can eat muffins! Alcohol and MJ are strictly forbidden in the same place. Here's where people gather on their own, I'm too old for that night life. Locals favor cigarettes mixed with MJ, but the coffee shops offer tobacco substitutes to mix with or whatever, for free. New to my last trip in the NL, not Amsterdam, was mandatory guards with passport and ID scanners at the entrance to every coffee shop. It was disturbing to watch my passport get scanned so it could be tracked what I was up to. I hope they killed that law or kept it from AD!

Of course there are tours and museums. Sense Museum is small, but the guys hanging in the attached seeds shop are a wealth of info. Ah, at that time hash was the only concentrate for sale. No one sold or would say they sold hash oils. Times change. I'm sure there are many changes now!

If you are on a mission for any strain, the coffee shops often had online menus and prices. If I had a link with photos of store fronts and insides, I could point out my old favorites more easily. I hope you have the chance to see some more of the country. May is the big tulip month and the countryside is in bloom, cold, and wet. I highly recommend waterproof hiking boots for the streets, at least til med June. Once there, trans to any other EU country is cheap.

I hope this stream of memories help.... I envy you the trip, but not the plane ride. HAVE FUN!!!!!

Lusi

Better hurry, the Dutch government passed a law late last year, early this year to keep tourists from being able to purchase in the coffee shops. Just this last week a few articles on the attempt to start enforcing it were online.

WillyB

Better hurry, the Dutch government passed a law late last year, early this year to keep tourists from being able to purchase in the coffee shops. Just this last week a few articles on the attempt to start enforcing it were online.

WillyB

^ This is correct, read about this earlier this morning. Pretty sad since this is like telling Disneyland in Florida to turn away tourists.

I hope they can wait until after June 14th,15th,16th,and leaving on the 17th please don't ruin my the stay.I'm so looking forward to this!

They will make sure their is some gray area in this new barrier to continue the farce. :peace:

in amsterdam it's no problem to get in the shops only near thee borders u need a special identity card! i go to amsterdam 2 times a month and they never asked me for sth like an identity card! so don't worry :D :grinjoint::Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom