Amsterdam

mrman

this is mostly for purplemonkey or anyone else who has been to amsterdam. i was just wondering how much a trip would cost me...like plane tickets, hotel, all that shit....thanks....peace

there was a thread on this a little while back. search for it, it was a good thread going over many places to stay and their fares. i think one of the estimated prices for a nice trip was around $1300 for a week.

and that includes alot of money for weed

I just smoked some medical grade ROMULAN weed, so excuse me if this post rambles...but here goes:

If you are UNDER 18, dont even bother going. THe shops are extremely strict over there, and even though im in my 20's, I got asked for a passport each and every shop, each and every time. 18 and over or you will be bored to tears (if pot is yor main motivqation for going). Just thought I'd post that first :)

If you are under 25m, or a student, you can get to Amsterdam fairly easily. Students have it the cheapest though. You have to take into consideration though what time you are planning on going on this trip. I PERSONALY prefer winter. I like the cold european winters, enjoy the rain and snow in Amsterdam, and prefer the absense of crowds and tourists. After January 2nd, Amsterdam is literaly deserted, and you have the plce to yourself. Everything is cheaper (well, at least the food, lodging and airfaire are). However, it is often wet, cold, and gloomey. Also, some people prefer to be amongst crowds of people. If you are more of a party animal and just want to go to smoke cheeba and hang out with other smokers (mostly American during the summer), then Summertiome is the time to go. Amsterdam has some nice beaches. However, its way more crowded, and priceer, during thsi time. During spring, Amsterdam is gfilled with tulips, its supposed to be extremely beautiful dutch landscape. All that needs to be taken into consideration to factor in price. ALSO, where will you be staying? HOTELS are fairly pricey, although there are some cheap one sin the extremely seedy RED LIGHT DISTRICT. I always stay in HOSTELS. THese are accomodations for students and youth travelers, usualy consisting on dorm room style accomodations, where ytou share a room with 4, 6, sometimes 12 other people. You can stay in a 12 person "dorm" (ytou ahve your ownj locker, bed, etc. its actualy quite nice) for around 10-15 bucks. I traveled alot in those dorms when I was desperate to save cash...however, I prefer to pay the 20-25 bucks and stay in a 4 person dorm...less noisey. Regardless, the Hostel in Amsterdam near VONDELPARK (South west section of Amsterdam), is damn near a hotel. You get an electronic key to your electronicly locked door, the beds are imaculate, each room has its own bathroom, AND shower (Unheard of in most european hostels, where entire floors usualy have to share a bathroom), plus an excellent and friendly staff, good broucheurs and maps, and a decently priced bar/grill in the same building. The location is excellent (taking some shrooms which are legal to buy in Amsterdam and then wandering throgh a snow filled VONDELPARK...wow, good times), and safe. I HIGHLY recomend this hostel, i stay there when I dont have money to stay in my favorite HOTEL, the CROWN PLAZA. THIS HOTEL, is very swank for a decent price. The FLYING PIG hostel, its a lower class version of the VONDELPARK hostel...but with a twist. WHile the rooms are shabbier, the hostel is made for dope smokers. Pot smoking is allowed, and encouraged (as opposed to VONDELPARK hostel, where ytou cant smnoke in your room, or in the hostel...although i covered the fire alarm with a plastic baggie and had no problems). THey have a downstairs basement with comfy chairs and couches, in a dark room that plays feree dvds 24/7. Its nice to bring your bong, smoke some bowls, and watch the dvds. THe place is party central, with live bands frequently appearing. THeres a huge gathering area int he receptiopn area where everyone goes, sits on the comfy chairs and couches and carpet, and smokes in a circle. Each room also ahs its own bathroom/shower, but much shabbier than VONDELPARK. However, I enjoyed my stay here if only for the good bartenders, the good vibes, and the good people.

Anyway, on to prices...lets assume tha you are going to stay in a hostel.....lets say you want to go with a buddy of yours, maybe a few...and there winds up being 4 of you. Lets assume you want to go spend NEW YEARS in Amsterdam (I did this year...wow wow wow wow wow is all I can say about that). You will leave on the 28th, from CHICAGO (I see thats where you are from), and return on the 7th. that gives you a nice, 10n days. You may have more or less days in mind, but for a kick ass trip for a modest price, 10 is what we will work with ;-)

TO get from Amsterdam from Ohaire ntl airport (dunno if you are anywhere near that, but lets assume you are): Ironicaly, it comes out to around 420 bucks @ www.studentuniverse.com. With taxes, that will probably be closer to 480 or so. SO 480 bucks to get over there.
Figure a rough estimate of 25 bucks a night for a hostel room. You are leaving EARLY the 28th, but landing early on the 29th in Amsterdam. SO you will have aprox. 9 nights in Amsterdam. 9 X 25 = 225 bucks per person. (CHEAPER if you are going alone and paying to stay in a 12 person dorm, of course). I cant remember off the top of my head what a hotel room costs at the CROWN PLAZA, but it might actualy be cheaper, or comparibly priced, to stay in a HOTEL ROOM, and split the room and price into 4. MOst european hotels charge for the ROOM, not the guests (although you should double check to make certain of this beforehand). In other words, 4 people could easily split the bill of a moderatly priced hotel, while enjoying the freedom, privacy, and maid security of a hotel. I suggest you do some searching for hotel prices and compare. I HIGHLY recomend you stay out of anywhere near the red light district. The hotels are cheap...but they are freaking nasty, and that area is not the best place to be at night.

ANYWAY, so we have 480 bucks for the flight, and around 225 for the room. Thats a total of 705.00 for airfiare and accomodations. NOw lets figure in a budget of 50 bucks a day for food and fun, 450 bucks, might as well round it off and give yourself a 500 budget for weed, food, and other events. Although you can have a lot of fun with 700 and above, 500 WILL get you a good time, some decent grub, and a modest amount of breathing room; in other words, you can easily decide to eat real chep or skip a meal so you can splurge on a kush piece of hash or get a nice dinner later on in the night.
SO, im saying, that a nice trip to amsterdam, as a student, for 9 nights, will run you about 1,200 bucks, give or take a few bucks. THe price goes down the shorter your trip is. I suggested going new years, because new years in Amsterdam will put any other party you ahve ever been to, and will ever attend in the future, to absolute shame. You also meet people from ALL over the world during this time, as Amsterdam gets crowded the 30th, till the 2nd, when everyone LEAVES. Being in amsterdam after the 2nd, after seeing how busy it gets during New Years, is a sureal experience. The streets are almost empty after the 2nd, and the shops always have seats open after the 2nd.
Anyway, I know this was a long fucing post, but I hope you got some god info out of it. Here are some links you might want to check out, or might find useful.

StudentUniverse: Cheap Student Flights, Hotels & Travel Deals (VERY cheap tickets for students/youth)
STA Travel | Student Flights, Tours and Travel Deals (ANother extremely good, reputable student/youth travel agency)

https://www.hostelbooking.com/ibnpu...ostelwithrooms_template.asp?id=40001&country= (THe very nice Hostel in Amsterdam. If you stay here, bring zipable plastic baggies to seal over the fire alarm for maximum smokage MWAHAHAHA. Oh, and just to let you know, the Europeans have a different date system than we use. we have MONTH, DAY, YEAR...like today is 09/07/04....EUreopeans have DAY, MONTH, YEAR)

The Flying Pig | The Flying Pig (The FLYING PIG, the party hostel. Very fun, very entertaining, but not as nice as other hostel, a little shabbier. During wintertime, DOWNTOWN is the place to stay)

Amsterdam Coffeeshop Directory (Amsterdam COfeeshop Directory, to help you plan your trip)

https://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/cp/1/en/hd/amshb;jsessionid=T4EAWOWP4BE1BLAQ5U0CJBVMCD4TKIY4 (Ahhh, a fucking GREAT hotel...nice big INDOOR pool, fun when high and shrooming. ATM machine, FREE nintendo games, game cube, playstaion 2 games, etc in downstairs lounge, also internet computers for reasonable fee. Rooms are extremely nice, bathrooms and showers nice, mini fridge nice, room service excellent!!! Indoor safe too. to keep your stash and valuables. Might be a bit pricey during New Years. But a good plave to BEGING looking)

HOPE THIS WAS HELPFUL!!!
-PM

:p I am a communication studies major, and all we do is write and write and write :p My vision and highness cause lots of typos, however I am sure what I type makes, more or less, sense. Let the boards know what you wind up doing.
-PM

Im staying at the crown plaza next summer (sweet PM mentioned it), im going with my moma and my sis. now my sis is only 17, so im going to have to buy tree, then take it back to the hotel room so I can smoke w/her or some park.

thanks a lot pm that was some really good info....peace

Thepurplem0nkey said:
SO 480 bucks to get over there.

Thank god for family members in the airline industry. It'll maybe cost $50 with my flight pass card.

And judging from how in-depth that post was, that Romulan must be fucking great. Isn't it bred from Sativa Kush?

Mad Cow, I hear you on the flight expense. I can catch a military flight for about 20 bucks if I wanted to....but I cant fly with my GF or anyone else who ISNT military >:-( I dunno where ROmulan comes from. I remember reading about it in high times a while back, and finaly it was being offered at my cannabis club. It is extremely potent, very tasty, and a distinct indica effect. I wouild love to post some pictures, but unfortunatly, my caregiver bent the pins on the connector cable, and I have yet to go pick up a new one. Probably tomorrow.

Hash, sitting and smoking in the clubs is part of the appeal of Amsterdam. its a shame your siser will be just a BIT too young to go into the shops. GOod looking out for her though ;-) And dude...teh Crown plaza...wow, cant say enough good things about it. Bring some swimming trunks for their indoor pool, and their game room (which was always empty for me) is downstairs. THe rooms also come with a coffee maker, which can easily be used to make shroom tea, if you dont like eating them. THe hotel is PRIME REALISTATE too. Its located int he HEART of the cofeeshops. GREAT location. And for those muniches...oh man, go right across the street to a little grill called JENNIFER SANDWITCH (you cant miss it). Get yourself a jennifer sandwitch, and I swear every other sandwitch will fail in comparison from then on. Also, the chinese place right next to it isnt half bad. How long are you staying, and how did you manage to get your folks to bring you there?

As for everyone else, I can rable on for ours abput Amstrerdam while sober, so imagine how long I can ramble when stoned. LOL. It was my pleasure, and I hope many of you go over there and experience a slice of heaven :)
-PM

Experience: One wrote; Imagination under your control...inside the pretty pictures, flash words, tapestries fall, thinking stops, sleeping warriors fight within pleasure walls, light is seen through the tunnel, you awake rested.
Background: It has some Indica Kush in its background and was a Vancouver Island strain at one time.
Medical: Has been used regularly by cancer patients for help in dealing with the pain.

Indica Kush or Sativa Kush....you really don't lose either way.

I would probally put them on pizza. real incognito :)

Thepurplem0nkey said:
Hash, sitting and smoking in the clubs is part of the appeal of Amsterdam. its a shame your siser will be just a BIT too young to go into the shops. GOod looking out for her though ;-) And dude...teh Crown plaza...wow, cant say enough good things about it. Bring some swimming trunks for their indoor pool, and their game room (which was always empty for me) is downstairs. THe rooms also come with a coffee maker, which can easily be used to make shroom tea, if you dont like eating them. THe hotel is PRIME REALISTATE too. Its located int he HEART of the cofeeshops. GREAT location. And for those muniches...oh man, go right across the street to a little grill called JENNIFER SANDWITCH (you cant miss it). Get yourself a jennifer sandwitch, and I swear every other sandwitch will fail in comparison from then on. Also, the chinese place right next to it isnt half bad. How long are you staying, and how did you manage to get your folks to bring you there?
-PM
Wow man thx alot, Im am for sure gonna be in that pool and game room.
I read they have a roof balcony with a great view definatly gonna smoke up there, and I will also be now visiting Jens. thx for the info.
I convinced my mom (Dad lives in Boston) because we just sold a fairly sized house and rented an apartment, after taxes and everything we still had a good amount of money left so we decided to go on a vaca.
lol now my mom used to be a hippy, She has told me many times that she used to smoke alot of "pot" back in the day, along with a million other crazy stories.
Now She only smokes when her back hurts (i know i've smelled it in her room) and as a person she is very open minded and kind, I have yet to smoke with her but I am hoping this trip me and her can go to a coffeshop together. She agreed to Amsterdam because I think shes always wanted to go there 2, She got me into Cheech and Chong still smoking also haha. She says she's going for the windmills, haha yea right.

Back
Top Bottom