Amy Gardner’s High Brix Dreams

Hiya AmyG,

Nice job lady fair. Glad you got a decent harvest for all your work. Btw, I figure 315g wet is probably 2.5 z. Lets see how close that is.

EA8A12C3-137F-4D58-9A26-22AE20323063.jpeg
71FF1C19-452B-420B-8D94-C7E11C7DA842.jpeg
5F131DF0-71DF-468C-AE3C-DAC34EC13F63.jpeg

BCA8AC7B-F027-4291-82E4-11C1C7E91365.jpeg

FAED13CD-76BF-44B4-B3D9-4326B8327327.jpeg

F981580B-46E7-46B6-848C-EFD5318B6EFC.jpeg

:420::ganjamon:
:passitleft:

Hey Amy! Getting caught up again and what a harvest! Awesome job! Sweet clothes line full of big colas!

(Nice toe shot lol)
Hope your well girl! Keep growing strong

Thanks for all the kind words of encouragement folks! :thumb:
Reached back for that one! Rest easy.
It stayed with me. I feel Like that a lot!

Slept half the afternoon away, and then half the night so now of course I’m awake at 2am :D

Nice little harvest Amy :goodjob:

How strong were your branches? I only ask because in your chopped stalk pic you can see the center is hollow which is a sign of not up taking enough calcium. I'm sure the final produce is top notch but it's only 1st run soil so maybe @Doc Bud can give some tips going forward.

This ^^^. That was the first thing I noticed. I haven’t had that before.

The branchs were solid, no straw effect - that was just the stem. But they’re not as stiff as the branches on my last outdoor crop, quite bendy in comparison actually.

I am suspicious that my soil mix is wonky.

Plus this gnat problem seems to have had quite an impact, disproportionately to the amount of gnats I actually ever saw flying about. I’ll be curious to see what the roots are like - I don’t have the wherewithal to break that up atm tho. Guess it will break down fairly soon so I might never know.

Honestly, has been the strangest little plant I ever grew. :hmmmm:

Great harvest Amy! Congrats! Jesus I really need to get back to serious growing because I miss it!
Thanks rik and :welcome: to the reflective finale!

I would miss it too. Even with needing to troubleshoot problems the gardening is full of joy. :yummy:
:Namaste:

K!! :eek: Nooooo !! :eek:

Well, like I said, they get points for trying :battingeyelashes:

How far in to flower is yours? This current one you have seems a different pheno from the others in that batch of seeds. :hmmmm: Curious...
Yeah, and it gave me the biggest amount puzzles. On the other hand, none of the previous ones were receiving this amount of light, so might be the environment...
It is 4 days into week 5 after flip. So around 4 more weeks to go. Shouldn't screw up anything too much. Will keep an eye.

:D lol!

I’ll add my tribute to James @Bonsaiweed right here.

His exuberance will be missed around here. I wish him peace for comfort and healing for the loved ones he left behind.

Bom Shankar Bonsai :rollit:

:passitleft:

Blaze all day :cheer:
James has a few video's on Utube, Out on a Limb was his moniker.:Namaste:

Update: The Outsiders

I’ve been holding out on you with the outside plants. I’m cheating a bit too because I really should have my outdoor journal going for them but 2 journals at once is one too many.

I’ve had a lovely wake n bake this morning - my weekend indulgence - with the GTxNL I grew last summer. It’s changed a lot in the last few months of the cure and I actually think I liked an earlier period a little better. It’s still a wonderful toke, just a bit racier now, or maybe just as racey but without some of the extreme drawing back of the smiling muscles that was so prevalent early on. The 6weeks to 3-4months period of the cure was a fuller experience I think. In the flavours too, it doesn’t taste like chocolate and coffee anymore. It’s at 6-7months now - still an awesome toke of course, and for some the changes would be desirable perhaps. I know many others prefer fresh too, so this whole journey is as much about learning what I like and how that changes, or not, as it is about learning what happens to the plant throughout cultivation, dry and cure. ...Ooops. Rambling. It’s a good toke :ganjamon:

OK so, I am having a “strangest plants I’ve every grown” stage. I’ll add to this, that everything is, or has been, gnat affected which has at times slowed growth to a halt and that perhaps has something to do with these strange plants.

I also have some lingering concerns about my soil mix (dodgy worm castings maybe?) but that’s for another conversation (or not, I may just have to grow out in it this year, see what happens and take it from there - so i’ll delve into that at a later stage)

The Early Miss is at day 65-65. A pretty strange looking cannabis plant. As you’ll see in a min., i’m not actually certain it is an Early Miss. But to start with here’s the little cabbage ;)

Such a weird bud structure, like I’ve never seen before. So leafy and cabbage like! The leaves are very fleshy too and are getting super frosty ... which is probable because there’s no bud to speak of to grab frost on!

Before we get to it’s questionable identity, I have to talk about it’s incredible smell and taste! The smell it gives off it so beautiful and takes me right back to Hawaii ... tropical fruits and frangipani is what comes to mind upon catching the aroma, which is wafting around the garden with heady effect throughout the days. Recently there has been a few taste tests of the leaves as well, frugally as there ain’t many fans. So many beautiful flavours but definitley tropical fruits and all 4 people who have tasted get kiwi fruit, and nectarine. Those 2 flavours are really clear and strong.

All the plant descriptions and images for EM don’t match up that well with what i’m growing. I’d thought that Dutch’s EM that turned out to be a photo might have just been mis labelled, but now I’m thinking this one maybe was. It gets described as having buds with deep purple hue, and tasting like sugary, spicey black pepper with notes of ammonia. So Dutch’s is ticking all those boxes, plus, his looks like the pics around the net of Early Miss.

Mine, however, matches the descriptions for CKS’s Amnesia Haze auto quite nicely so I’m going to guess that maybe I have these seeds instead. This is CKS imagery for Amnesia Haze
F748E172-224D-48B8-AF35-2799302ADC7C.jpeg

That looks a bit more like the cabbage I have growing :laugh:

In any case - strange plant that smells and tastes amazing. Can’t wait to partake of it in the vape, whatever it is!!

SOooo, that was a bit long winded (but it’s me right, what d’ya expect? ;) )

On to the DDA Spog®.

The only distance shot I have of it is this one, it’s on the other side of the EM, which is about 1.5-2’ high, so the Spog is about 1’, bit less.

Apart from it’s Spog®ness, it’s super sturdy, very healthy looking and smells diviiiine :drool:oh man you have no idea... Well, anyone who grows one will know. Like syrup, maple syrup. That’s what the smell makes me think of. I don’t think I’m smelling a maple syrup terp., more that it’s the same kind of syrupy pleasure that the smell of maple syrup brings.

You’ll notice I have pests out there, I know. There’s a few thrips and prolly other things. Predators are rampant as well and we’re int he process of ramping up our IPM practices. It’s all about assisting the balance in the desired directions and keeping the brix up.

These )%*^*!ing gnats dont make that easy.

This DDA pot Will. Not. Dry. Out. :|

So, here’s what I’m going to do. I know that we’re not necessarily supposed to water already wet soil. But this soil has been wet since, like, a month ago and its still wet wet around the bottom - wet to touch. This happened a little bit on the Blue Dream and a big drench sorted it out and it started drying out much better afterwards. So I’m going to give it a nice big TP dunk today and drain it out really well and see if this makes a difference. I nearly culled this one so I might as well experiment with it a bit. It looks like it will give me a nice little cola and a couple of larfs :ganjamon:

Mmmmm... syrupy....:drool:

Onwards! ... here’s the crew for the summer. At various states of vigour. There has been gnat affected stalling for sure here. I’m particularly thinking that the autos are not anywhere near where you’d expect or want autos to be. The others will hopefully recover once they dry out and I can get an actual drench into them. They also have had the odd thrip nymph removed, by fingernail! So these pics are yesterday (in the background you can see what fungus gnat damage looks like on beans trying to come up :rolleyes:). This morning they got (everyone got actually) a weaponised de-stress spray (for thrips and other crawlies). If I can get them through this stage, the photos at least, I’m sure they will all come along just fine :D

The Critical Mass is particularly vigorous - it even snapped low down during some heavy winds and I stood it up, supported it with the Gnat nix, and it healed up beautifully and kept on powering as if nothing had happened :thumb:

CD-1 is the one that has had a few thrips removed. It stalled badly at one point and has some features of new growth i’d Also noticed not eh BD, cant quite describe it - just a bit stunted as the new growth emerges. You can see that the lower part of the stem is quite thin compared to the higher part. I hope this doesn’t cause it issues going forward. After seeing what the giant larvae did to the root of that seedling on the way out (the one that died) and then eyeing the other DDa from that pot just not really grow, I’m a bit concerned for this one. Hopefully a drench soon will get things sorted out for my Bright Light :battingeyelashes:

WW small but sturdy. Plenty of time to take off, fingered crossed.

And the autos (with a friend - we saw the larvae of this lady bug a couple of weeks ago :)).

I think they really should be further along, don’t you? I’m not well experienced with autos so will be happy for someone to tell me otherwise. I plan to train these Shed’style in opposing directions.

I won’t do the 1gal thing again with autos i dont think. Transplanting is gong to be a caper! :eek: Next time i think I’ll sprout them in little seed raisers and get them into the big pot sooner. I’ll be better equipped to comabat the gnats then.

I hope you all enjoyed that trip around the outdoor space :D The Summer grow is gearing up, with a whole different set of challenges to last year, and probably form next year ;).

I appreciate the visits, always, and love having you all to grow with :slide: I’m off to have a cuppa with canna oil out on the deck and enjoy the view. While I train these autos...
image.jpg

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom