Lots to ponder AG. I’m really curious about square foot gardening in general. Keeps me busy watching YouTube vids and stuff.
I have a bale of pro mix and first run amendment. Even have the EWC’s. Would just need to cook it and I’ve got 42 gallons of fresh kit soil.
If I decide to commit the soil to outdoors, it’ll have to stay there. It can’t come “inside.”
Sheds right, the utilities in Cali are crazy hehe

If I decide to commit the soil to outdoors, it’ll have to stay there. It can’t come “inside.”
Oh I get it - you’ve not been thinking about amending existing outside soil. Hope you do still consider dedicating a batch of kit soil outdoors though - could be great. And it be great to be able to compare with your indoor stuff to. I’ll be looking forward to whatever you do in any case. Come that time, I’ll be curled up in front of the fire living vicariously through your northern gardens!

The other day Yeti let me know that DB recommends minimum 26gal outside :p And yes! I can see why that is so. I have WW in a 13.5 gal and currently it needs water every 1.5-2 days. I
I started out with 10 gallon fiber pots outside. By day 56 of veg it was obvious that some of my plants were already root-bound. I moved them up to 20 gallon and 25 gallon (remember that tall Sour Diesel?) and they loved it.

a rasied bed is waaaaaay easier than growing in a pot outside.
Easier Yes, however you may need mobility so that you can move them into the garage or shed when unapproving family/friends come to visit.

Easier Yes, however you may need mobility so that you can move them into the garage or shed when unapproving family/friends come to visit.
Yes - this, too, I suppose. I’m a little blasé about that myself but I realise not everyone can be :)
moved them up to 20 gallon and 25 gallon (remember that tall Sour Diesel?) and they loved it.
Wouldn’t that be great!? :D I can’t manage that and don’t have the soil anyway so i’ll have to continue the regular watering. I’m starting to use the hose a bit now too - mixing smaller amounts of more concentrated drenches and watering them in slowly between hose applications and soaking water up from below. This seems to be working well and is heaps less taxing on my arms.

:ganjamon: Man I love Saturday mornings :yahoo:. Even tho I cant work anymore, I still try to keep with some kind of structure and I usually only indulge in wake n bake on weekends. Saturday... :cheesygrinsmiley::hookah:

We're in a legal state. Can't your disapproving friends/family be taught that this is not the danger to society as portrayed by the government for so long?

That said, neighbors can still complain about the smell and force you to grow on the other side of the property...like mine. :(
Yeah I do have to consider how close I get to my back fence. Quite the nosy neighbors. But I’ve grown some plants and never heard anything so..

My neighbors have never said anything to me, so either they don't know or just don't care. As far as my family though, they just don't know and I need to keep it that way. :rolleyes:

My neighbors have never said anything to me, so either they don't know or just don't care. As far as my family though, they just don't know and I need to keep it that way. :rolleyes:
Hey Beez, Your comment reminded me of a conversation I seem to have all the time with my best friend. He still lives in prohibition land and we constantly are reminding each other of how it really is in society. He’s cautious about even telling his physician that he consumes cannabis, which to me sounds crazy. On the other hand, when i explain that I have to be careful where I grow or when a good time to chop is, he thinks it shouldn’t matter.
My point is that legalization isn’t enough. We have to normalize cannabis.
Rambling.. :lot-o-toke:

Nosy is fine unless you're in a no-outside-grow city. My neighbor just doesn't like the smell, so I'm going to have to see if I get the sun on the other corner.
I don't get how people couldn't love the smell of the plants. There isn't much around that I know of that could smell any better :p. If they thought it was some rare jungle flower or something, they would probably welcome it but because it's weed, smelling it might turn them into hippies or something.

when i explain that I have to be careful where I grow or when a good time to chop is, he thinks it shouldn’t matter.
My point is that legalization isn’t enough. We have to normalize cannabis.
Well said. It took years to get to where we are now - the very beginnings of legalization - but it will probably take several more years before it becomes normalized. I'm sure it was the same way back when alcohol prohibition ended (1933) here in the US.

I got these delivered a couple days ago. Every year in March, I go to Arizona for baseball spring training (just for about a week), so when I get back I'll get these seeds started. Can't wait to get them started! :drool:

I got these delivered a couple days ago. Every year in March, I go to Arizona for baseball spring training (just for about a week), so when I get back I'll get these seeds started. Can't wait to get them started! :drool:

:cheer: For seeds in the mail! Thanks for sharing them here.

I really look forward to seeing these growing at your place :popcorn:

Do you go to the spring training to watch? Or are you involved in some way? I ask because i personally ready enjoy watching the training and coaching of sports I like (and that I have played in particular). I love the seeing drills and the work and the intra-squad practice games

I don't get how people couldn't love the smell of the plants. There isn't much around that I know of that could smell any better :p. If they thought it was some rare jungle flower or something, they would probably welcome it but because it's weed, smelling it might turn them into hippies or something.

IKR!?

Currently the Critical Mass smells like lemon sherbet - like the kind of smell that make your mouth water
:drool:

There’s another wave of cannabis legislation bills and resolutions sweeping the globe right now. Each wave is a bit more powerful than the last. There’s going to be a lot of mess for a while, and lots of that mess is going to be great for us. I mean, we know that big business and big pharma is going to be looked after first, it’s just the shitty was things are. But there is obviously all sorts of opportunity and definitely the opportunity the change the thought culture around it and work to normalise it, like you say Archi :)

I found out this week that our Capital Territory (A.C.T.) - a federal zone with its own local government but without the legal standing of a state, is planning to legalise sometime this year. The bill as it is now is pretty flawed - but this is another (I would suggest carefully planned and executed) step towards legalisation in this country. It was A.C.T. who first enacted an inclusive marriage bill. That was then struck down by the Fed gov., but it really got the national psyche involved in the very necessary public conversation. Interestingly, the Fed gov., cannot step in to the Territory’s drug laws. So if this passes it could stick, and i’m sure it will be impetus for more movement here at the Federal level. Once that happens - the states will be able to set their own parameters (similar to the US governmental structure - but with aspects of the British Parliamentary system as well)

I’m alreday excited and I’m already doing what I will do when the laws suddenly make me no longer a criminal - at which time i will build a proper and dedicated enclosure :cool:.

I am interested though, if anyone reading here is involved wth or know anything about cannabis co-ops and could direct me to some good info about the differnt ways they can be set up and how they can work. I’d like to start the ground work for a local one and am looking for info on how it works at the member and user level - just in case the opportunity for grass roots co-ops is part of the legal landscape here.

Phewf! Sometimes I land first thing in the morning to some topic that really fires off my brain cells!

Time to start this Sunday right! :hookah:

Back
Top Bottom