Amy, if your choice is do a CAT early or not at all, early is ok. A friend of mine and one of the original kit users has experimented with all different timings on the CAT drench and he actually prefers to hit them with CAT as soon as pistols start. I've done it on a few sativas and it seems to slow the stretch and helps them finish "on time". You may have a little less yield but the frost will be there.

Amy, if your choice is do a CAT early or not at all, early is ok. A friend of mine and one of the original kit users has experimented with all different timings on the CAT drench and he actually prefers to hit them with CAT as soon as pistols start. I've done it on a few sativas and it seems to slow the stretch and helps them finish "on time". You may have a little less yield but the frost will be there.
:thanks: :thumb: I’m doing it this week then :D

Mega Update: White Widow day 110 (+21)

Yesterday I did the post-stretch prune on the white widow. It’s 21 days into flower and I’m pretty sure it’s stopped stretching. Hopefully i didnt do it too early - i’ll prob’ly never know!

I took some bud pics in the early morning light. It’s taking some outdoor punishment but looking gorgeous nonetheless. It’s a sturdy one this!

Then our actual gardner came to do the lawns so I waited that out - while dust went everywhere.

Mid-late morning I went out with the shears.

Here are the before shots. I’ve taken a lot, at different angles, because I’ve never pruned like this outdoors before. This one is really bushy, too!! I want to document it well to refer back to later, if I grow this again.

If you notice white pistil like things like confetti all over the plants, it’s Eucalyptus petals - some of the ones close to us are flowering right now, smells amazing - eucalyptus honey in the air.

Let’s get on wit it!

BEFORE:

From under and opposite to the sun to see what light gets through.

... I dive in!

full

... And immediately find this amazing worm spider :eek::eek::eek:

I remember photographing a smaller version of this a while back i’m sure. I dont know if “worm spider” is what it’s called, I haven’t looked it up. But I swear, it’s body moves like a worm ... it’s both elegant and creepy :laughtwo:

There may be 2 of them...

I also encountered this beautiful canna-guardian.

And elsewhere, something which that one left behind maybe! :D

Or it belonged to this one... or maybe this is the same one, in a different spot :hmmmm: ... It’s a jungle in here :ganjamon:

While I was in there, intrepid explorer of the widow universe, I took all lower shoots that would never see sun, plus a few at the “back” that will also see next to no sun as the big fire ball gets lower in the sky. I took as few large fans as possible - where they were completely in the dark or badly damaged, or mite infested etc. I took a few smaller fans and some tiny weak branches that were crowding around other stronger ones. It felt like so much - and I kind of can see what I’ve done - so I hope it’s not too much. I think it’s pretty good - couple of crowded zones still, but I can adjust later.

These pics are today. Oh - I also plan to put some stakes around and open it up just a little bit.

And because I’m a vain mother :love: (still crushing...)

I thought it’s neighbour Basil was looking quite good too. This one had some struggles with fungus but we managed to turn it around.

View media item 1660121
The raised bed demanded a parting glimpse today. Candida was having one of those praying hard to the diffused sunlight days.

So that’s the garden this week... doing what I can about the mites, I will aim to hardspray with the water hose all the plants first thing tomorrow and will do that until the Green Cleaner comes. They’re all holding up pretty well, like me! :high-five:

It was a mega update so thanks for coming along. I feel like there were lots of critter already too and have something differnt in mind. It’s definitely critter related though as my time in the garden lately has been accompanied by the gentle hum of bees very very high up - in the flowering Eucalyptus I mentioned earlier.

Yesterday morning, with the first light of day filtered by smoke haze and early mist, these trees very close to the garden enclosure really made their presence felt :love:

View media item 1660118
View media item 1660120
View media item 1660119
I love them so much :meditate:

This is what I see as I leave to garden so it seems nice that you see it too!

:Namaste:

Evening ms.Amy it really is a pleasure to see your garden looking so healthy and vibrant, I wasn't as far behind as I thought only 2 pages....haha
If that is what your white widow looks then I'm in for a real treat....haha , I rescued 2 WW I had outside as they were small and stunted and flowering far too early as season is shortening also the family rabbit took a liking and did rather good job on lollipopping them for me... :rofl:
So they in the old Wendy house revegging alongside a uk cheese which the rabbit also got hold..lol
Is your WW from seedzman.....?

That damn CD-1 is so slow though. I hope it has time to finish down there.

I figure i’ll be coaxing it along into mid-late April at this rate - even looking like a 4/20 harvest :battingeyelashes: Although its hard to get my visual-to-thought cognition right with that date format - we go DD-MM-YYYY - but it’s getting easier! And without the “wonky” US way of doing it, there’d be no 4/20 day! So it pays to read it that way! I just have to be careful I don’t start reading or writing dates that way round here! I’m already using ºF and thinking in Gals a lot... o_O

And the WW is hard to believe it's in a pot. Big bush!
Shhhh - a while back I noticed something, let me fill you in.

Since upcannig to this pot, I’ve had it sitting in the tray on a 1.5” bed of pumice stones - becasue I didn’t want it sitting in water when the rains come down. I’ve been as diligent as possible tipping the whole thing to drain it out regularly so there’s not a lot of standing water in there ever, and it gets flushed out a lot becasue I give a bit of plain water from the bottom up during drenches sometimes (and sometimes in-between).

The thing I noticed a little while back was some pretty happening roots getting into the tray and amongst the stones - so I think I have a “selfed” octopot thing going on! :eek: It’s not getting nasty under there because water doesn’t stay there and not a lot of drench material gets in there (and if it does, it gets drunk/soaked up quickly). I even think it’s drying out completely occasionally, although maybe it’s not - becasue yesterday I noticed a root that was pretty thick reaching out of the pot and into the tray, with a lot of tiny ones coming off it.

Anyhow - as soon as I saw this was happening with some seriousness, I stopped turning the pot in the stones and make sure I move the tray-and-all if I want to turn the pot (like for pruning and such).

I need to move the whole plant soon as the sun has shifted so I’m going to be on a mission to keep the pot in the tray with little or no movement between them.

Now that accidental cat is out of the bag :laughtwo: I’ll get a photo of it if I can. :D

I love outdoor plants. I don't' know why I even try to do it inside. Those poor plants.

Great job Amy! That ww is a real looker. Well they all are actually. But ya outdoors is where it's at. Buds get bigger, a little denser, smiles last a little longer. It's goodtimes.

Cheers,

LOL! It sure is.

[of course I can't post the commercial here because it's an off topic video, but I think I'm allowed to do this!]
Priceless! Quite a feat to make kissing, one of the most lovely interactions, look that disgusting! All I could imagine ways a big slimy ball of cheewing gum in amongst the kiss :rofl:

I think that's the only way it's legal. At least it is with off-topic images so I'm hoping it's true with videos.
I’m pretty sure :)

Phewf! Thanks for asking Archie :D

I’m having a recovery day. We have a house guest and I did an outing yesterday, which was awesome - saw the ocean :surf:. Today I rest. So i’m feeling a little poorly in some ways but very happy. It’s the aftermath I’ve had to become used to (one never really does tho’!), which in fact is a little less severe this time and that tells me all my ministrations and interventions and management strategies etc. are working. I managed to spray the plants this morning which really needed to happen (IPM) - I only needed someone else to pump the sprayer for me, so I’m happy I could do that.

Now, its around midday and I’m enjoying some Haze vibes - noticing that it does ease pain as well but in a different way to the indicas - not so much of the cosy cotton wool blanket feeling. I might chase it with some nice Kush :love: and crawl in to bed. In a little while someone lovely will bring me my lunch and I’ll snooze and watch TV reruns all afternoon. Perfect recovery day
:meditate:

Cricket on the TV tonight! :slide:

Phewf! Thanks for asking Archie :D

I’m having a recovery day. We have a house guest and I did an outing yesterday, which was awesome - saw the ocean :surf:. Today I rest. So i’m feeling a little poorly in some ways but very happy. It’s the aftermath I’ve had to become used to (one never really does tho’!), which in fact is a little less severe this time and that tells me all my ministrations and interventions and management strategies etc. are working. I managed to spray the plants this morning which really needed to happen (IPM) - I only needed someone else to pump the sprayer for me, so I’m happy I could do that.

Now, its around midday and I’m enjoying some Haze vibes - noticing that it does ease pain as well but in a different way to the indicas - not so much of the cosy cotton wool blanket feeling. I might chase it with some nice Kush :love: and crawl in to bed. In a little while someone lovely will bring me my lunch and I’ll snooze and watch TV reruns all afternoon. Perfect recovery day
:meditate:

Cricket on the TV tonight! :slide:
Hope Cricket is entertaining you and glad to hear you’re feeling well despite all the excitement of entertaining a guest! :high-five:
Stunning garden. What else could one say.
Agreed!!

Back
Top Bottom