:surf:ooohhh the ocean, It's been calling me lately. a couple hrs away. :hmmmm: how can I work this?:circle-of-love::Namaste:

At that distance? Day trips! :surf:

No packing or booking required or accommodation to find... just pack a picnic. We used to live 2.5hrs frm here - inland. We did sanity day trips a lot. Up early, at the beach in time for an early swim or beach walk (depending on the season), picnic lunch, snooze in the shade somewhere, walk on the beach or in forest, home in time for dinner!

Day at the beach :Namaste:

Phewf! Thanks for asking Archie :D

I’m having a recovery day. We have a house guest and I did an outing yesterday, which was awesome - saw the ocean :surf:. Today I rest. So i’m feeling a little poorly in some ways but very happy. It’s the aftermath I’ve had to become used to (one never really does tho’!), which in fact is a little less severe this time and that tells me all my ministrations and interventions and management strategies etc. are working. I managed to spray the plants this morning which really needed to happen (IPM) - I only needed someone else to pump the sprayer for me, so I’m happy I could do that.

Now, its around midday and I’m enjoying some Haze vibes - noticing that it does ease pain as well but in a different way to the indicas - not so much of the cosy cotton wool blanket feeling. I might chase it with some nice Kush :love: and crawl in to bed. In a little while someone lovely will bring me my lunch and I’ll snooze and watch TV reruns all afternoon. Perfect recovery day
:meditate:

Cricket on the TV tonight! :slide:

Sounds like a lovely afternoon ms.Amy, hope your evenings going just as pleasantly...:passitleft:some guava Kush for you....

Hi Amy! You’ve been unknowingly in my thoughts lately as I consider my own outdoor endeavors! The raised bed idea may have to be shelved for next season. I picked up two 30 gallon fabric bags though. What’d ya think?

Hmmm... I think pots dry out and fabric pots dry out faster - but... 30gals is a lot! So I think you’ll be fine. But I have no prior experience doing kit grows outside - and only grown twice in pots outside, first time I had some mid bloom fade - but it was a very small pot for outside (7gal) so I know that now.

Stoney Memoirs grows outside with the kit a bit and Duggan pointed us to MajorPITA who used to run the kit outside, but not sure if he did rasied beds or pots - better go look, I’ve been meaning to :surf:.

DOc says minimum 26gals, so with 30 you’re good. They may dry out faster than you’d think in the warm weather - especially if it’s windy. My 13gal dries out in about 40hrs.

Hmmm... I think pots dry out and fabric pots dry out faster - but... 30gals is a lot! So I think you’ll be fine. But I have no prior experience doing kit grows outside - and only grown twice in pots outside, first time I had some mid bloom fade - but it was a very small pot for outside (7gal) so I know that now.

Stoney Memoirs grows outside with the kit a bit and Duggan pointed us to MajorPITA who used to run the kit outside, but not sure if he did rasied beds or pots - better go look, I’ve been meaning to :surf:.

DOc says minimum 26gals, so with 30 you’re good. They may dry out faster than you’d think in the warm weather - especially if it’s windy. My 13gal dries out in about 40hrs.
Okay I’ll branch out and do some homework as well. I’ve done a few autos outdoors in fabric bags so I know just what you mean about them going dry real quick. My watering techniques have improved massively but I do worry about how much water it will take to water all this soil. My tap water is quite hard so that could be another problem.
I’m at almost exactly 2 gallons of water per plant in the 10 gallon containers right now every four days.

Hi Amy! You’ve been unknowingly in my thoughts lately as I consider my own outdoor endeavors! The raised bed idea may have to be shelved for next season. I picked up two 30 gallon fabric bags though. What’d ya think?

Good evening mr.Archi we cross paths again this evening...haha

I might have an unorthodox idea for your outdoor adventure.... I'm busy using it in my garden right now and it's similiar to a raised bed and fabric pot one...

ms.Amy I hope you don't mind if a share pic with mr.Weedies if that's ok with you.... :thanks:

This girl was in a 50lt bucket and was getting root bound in December, so I dug a knee deep hole and filled with chunks stones for drainage and filled with composted pig/sheep manure, added some bonemeal and kelp powder and mycrohaizal fungi I transplanted her but she was still sticking out half above ground so I sowed 40% shade netting round some wire mesh and because I was scared of direct sunlight on the roots I wrapped it in cardboard which will decompose and the roots will poke through it more than likely one day..... She's just under knee height from the ground to the fork in the branches.....

And here she is today going strong..

Hope that helps you some brother.... You could do the same with your pots, put wire mesh around and cut a hole in the bottom for the roots to go into the whole below but I don't know if you want to sacrifice your bags for that......:rofl:

I found him by searching for PITA - dunno why he doesn't show up by name.

Major PITA list of messages

:thanks:

Oh - that page link says, “requested page could no be found” ... was it a link to DMs maybe?
ANyhoo - searching for the exact name as you typed it found him! :thumb:

EDIT: and hen, the links in his sig to his brix journals are broken... that site upgrade a year a go really busted some of the archival quality of this site... searching for the journal title now...
And here she is today going strong..
:jawdropper:

Back
Top Bottom