Maybe I have theads mixed up...

I was talking about this one:
Ahh yeah no we were discussing his very first journal. From 2015. But now I’m interested in that one too haha!
:ganjamon:
Yeah - that’s me. I always like to start at the beginning, so that’s one I linked. I’m definitely keen to read the next ones, so thanks for linking lazy :thumb:. I like seeing how things develop, and reading past journals is great becasue you dont have to wait - the action just keeps rolling right on through to harvest!

Early Update: State of the Garden - Day 120-22
and​
PHOTO DUMP!

Recent events:
Raised bed plants have been fading a lot, eating their fans etc. - for a while now but it was continuing so I decided a hearty TP with Tea was in order prior to Cat Drenching, to ensure there was good root “hook-up”
I mixed it a little bit too hearty. Lesson learned :smokin: Few burnt tips, never mind. Interestingly Candida’s burnt tips are black.

The fade appears more or less pronounced in photos depending on the type and angle of light.

The soil in the raised bed was deemed, after testing, to be amendable for the DBHBB Kit over 2 seasons. So I don’t expect stellar HB results this year. I’m pretty darn happy with them even with the fading, and I’m sure I’ll get them through to a great harvest :)

White Widow continues to take me for a ride! :slide: Watering every other day, alternating TP Drench & Tea > 1/4 Transwater > GI Drench & Tea > etc.

All plants have had 2 of 3 hits with the Green Cleaner foliar mite control (and PM too).

Candida had a big prune. Removed quite a few branches and lower growth that wouldn’t see much sun. Only yellowed fan leaves were removed. Then I staked out the remaining branches to the stakes.

We’ve been having some rain the last couple of evenings and are discussing our available options for coverage... i’ll report back.

Upcoming events:
Cat Drenches, Brix Spray (with Snake Oil for the raised bed) and the final Green Cleaner treatment all have to happen over the next few days - the timing is tricky. I’m not going to update again until all that is done and settled in - hence the early update. Which is really a big photo dump...

Some damselflies of the hour (@InTheShed)...

full

full

Happy days to all, and happy Friday especially.
:passitleft:

Hope everyone’s weekends are fantastic :circle-of-love:

I’ve been Saturday morning wake-n-baking with some Blue Dream while making this post... May your Saturday morning be as blissful :Namaste:

Beautiful pics as usual Amy! Can't wait to see the girls at harvest. :circle-of-love:

I’ve realised today that the black tips are to do with the Green Cleaner. There’s burn in a few spots on all plants and they’re black. I think maybe yesterday I did it a bit too late in the morning and while, there was some cloud cover, I think in a few spots where the spray stayed around, it has burnt. So maybe i didn’t overdo the drench as far as I thought. ONe branch on the WW is particularly bad, and a few on the CM as well.

I’d rather have a few burnt leaves, than be overrun with the Borg tho ;) I love Saturday afternoons - movie and popcorn coming up soon

:hookah:
:popcorn:

Popcorn sounds like a great idea!
It was!
ww is a bit leafy looking.
I agree lazy :confused: i’m looking at it a lot like that, thinking about what it might be like to harvest and trim :eek: Still has plenty of time to fill out though, so you never know!

I’m hoping to execute the making of a rain cover for the raised bed. Today while we were working it out an unpredicted storm blob formed right over our place and we got 8ml in about 20 mins! It was white air at times. All teh plants seemed still intact after - from a distance anyway. It’s night now - we will see tomorrow. Heavy rains are predicted for tomorrow - I’m hoping to get this cover knocked up pretty quickly. And I’ll say thanks to Major PITA, whose old journals I’ve been reading, for reminding me of a very simple approach :)

Yeah I’ve gathered many tips from his first journal and I’m most encouraged by the fact that he was dealing with heat much like I experience in my particular area.
I noticed that he mentions several times that he wishes he hadn’t of used fabric containers in the ground. I don’t see a problem with it myself aside from the sacrifice of a bag once the roots grow through it.

Yeah I’ve gathered many tips from his first journal and I’m most encouraged by the fact that he was dealing with heat much like I experience in my particular area.
I noticed that he mentions several times that he wishes he hadn’t of used fabric containers in the ground. I don’t see a problem with it myself aside from the sacrifice of a bag once the roots grow through it.
I dont even think it destroys the bags. I know folks have talked about ripping the roots outta ther and washing out the bags for resuse.

I finally finished the first one and I’m looking forward to reading the next one(s) - especially if he is amending outside soil.

Functional Update:
:ganjamon: Mission accomplished

We’re having the Autumn monsoon. It feels like Eden’s very own natural disaster! Yesterday we had 30mm very quickly, more overnight, and then more from early afternoon onwards today. My lovely other dedicated the better part of her day helping me construct a plant cover. So I’m lying here now, listening to the rain and knowing that the Critical Mass isn’t getting wetter and wetter.

:woohoo:

I’m also lying here in the wrapped-in-a-blanket bliss of some of that Sucker Punch (Auto x of 2 Kush strains) - which also enabled a solid rest in the middle of the project. I toked on the G13 Haze auto to get going, combined with a coffee (and extra doses of the energy metabolism suppl I take), and that was absolutely perfect.

We decided to make it a “buy nothing” project so used only scraps, which makes it look a bit scrappy ;) but its sturdy. Some works in progress...

Hold on babies! Mommas coming...! :eek: so, so wet
E2EC361E-9C57-4BD3-8D9F-224E57E9E7A2.jpeg

Using scraps and left over building materials leads to different kind of joints :D

C0DB4D80-2D23-493D-A7D4-67FB62790E92.jpeg

0234F0BD-F94A-4D0B-BE02-BF629824E0D6.jpeg

The lovely other was a trooper, with drill and staple gun. I enjoyed working out how to use what we had :surf: We were slow and steady. We took a break once a frame was together and I had a sleep - thanks to the lovely Kush. We launched into the plastic a few hours later - I purchased this milky-white translucent plastic from a hydro grow store in a close-by city like 4, maybe 5, years ago and used it once. It’s still in great nick and was the perfect size :thumb:

We folded it under to make a few layers and stapled it to the frame.

61708132-B058-48CA-BA4E-71C77E824586.jpeg

By the time we finished we were absolutely in no fit state to mount it properly and we were running out of light, fast. It rained gently on us while we roughly ziptied some supports to the existing garden enclosure posts. Then, we simply rested the frame on these in 3 corners and ziptied 2 of them. We used a ladder and a building clamp for the 4th corner :laughtwo:

It was dark and raining when we finished so this is the best you can see until daylight - it’s raining quite steadily in this photo, but not on these plants :slide:

9B03E581-CDC4-43AD-B52A-9ADACF4A307B.jpeg

It’s leaning a little bit, but it’s solid and it’s working! Tomorrow I’ll find a way to sneak White Widow under there.

That was a big mission and my pain levels are super high - functional levels hitting the bottom. This too shall pass, however, and I am totally stoked we got it done. :) I am successfully medicating on all fronts to ease the aftermath.

Outside, it rains, and it rains, and it rains. The Eden monsoons!

That’s it from the garden tonight, thanks for dropping by! I truly madly deeply appreciate all of you, my 420 compadres :hug:
:passitleft:

Gardner’s sleeping now... :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom