It sounds easy - but these things aren’t always straight forward. I think about it a lot & just can’t do it Ween. Not at this stage. There were too many practical obstacles to using the kitchen fridge. (My mobility -lack of- and the humidity and lack of space in there to name a few). And I can’t add that kind of power drain to my set up right now, even if i could afford a mini fridge.

I just splurged on a fancy extraction fan for my tent - that was $350 and I had to save a while to do it. Next is an upgrade to my light ;) Prob’ly only a couple of hundred there - bit still, that will take a couple of months to piece together slowly. Fixed income - and lots of med expenses the last few years. So project wise my budgets are full at the moment. I do think about one day having a dedicated circuit run to this pod I’m in - so that might make a little cure and storage fridge possible - but it’s a few years away.

Sorry I'm late Amy! Love those final numbers on the summer harvest and they'd "technically" be a bit higher if everything sat at 62%, so well done. I'm going to do a similar trim on the Candidas and just pull the big fans. I doubt I'm saving many buds so it will be mostly oil until I have reserves.

I can't identify smells like many can, but I can tell the difference. I also find it interesting how the smell when the jar opens is different from the smell when you put your nose in it. I haven't figured that one out yet.

it is good to start the drying process with quite low ambient RH and let the RH rise as the plant dries (so it dries a bit quickly and then slower as it reaches the optimum).
I watched a long video on Retrix's thread from an end-to-end cannabis company in Vegas, and that was exactly what they described, which is the info I passed on to @Reave. Drive the external moisture out quickly to avoid mold, and then slow the process down so as not to hurry the drying process.
They will continue to cure as long as the RH remains ABOVE 55%. If the RH drops below 55%, they stop curing and, even if you raise the humidity back up, they will not cure any further.
Great info Krip! :thanks:

Hmmm - just watched that one and the drying guy of says the room usually has high humidity at first becasue of all the fresh plant matter and then he says they “try to get it to 50% pretty quickly, in the beginning, and then kinda keep it there... ” :hmmmm: . It was a bit unclear the way he said it tho. (At around 35:50min) At the least it’s the same principle of starting with low RH in the room - that part was clear :)

It’s a great fun video to watch. Love a big grow operation!

Thanks so much everyone :D I’m so very pleased, I think it’s my favourite pic I’ve made so I’m stoked that others like it well enough too!
:Namaste:

My crazy self decided to do a canna-cleanse today (on a whim what was I thinking!?) and I’m online now because I’m not sleeping. I did sleep for a minute - 2hrs maybe, that was 3 hours ago. Looking at the phone surely isn’t helping. I’m putting it down now and will see if the good Richard Miller can meditate me off to sleep...
:meditate:

I
Beautiful photograph Amy! Congratulations on another great win :bravo:
I’m incredibly grateful :Namaste:

Not having purchase seeds means I can concentrate funds on grow tech :thumb:

I finished my Cannabis Fundamentals Certificate with Green Flower Media just now - 100% in a multiple choice exam:high-five:. The while thing was very much easier becasue of everything I’ve learnt around here already. It was funny to see the certificate made out to my actual name, and not to Amy Gardner :laughtwo: ... I was like... “oh yeah... that’s me” :D

I have 2 new batches of oils made which I’ll post on later today. :ciao: :surf:

Back
Top Bottom