I love hash and it is my dream to make it. I’d like to make proper CCO/RSO (which is a type of hash oil) one day too for making the medicinal oils.

I collect keif in the bottom of my grinder - that’s about as close as I get to hash the moment. I made bubble hash once, years ago, but it would be way too much work for me these days. I’m thinking about a trimming tray with a screen at the bottom so i can dry sift while i trim ;). I’ve recently realised that a product exists (Trimbox its called). It’s kinda ugly tho :laughtwo: I’ve been thinking about a small wooden framed thing. The trimbox may end up being more practical tho :hmmmm:

But no - i dont regularly make hash - but I’d like to :ganjamon:

I can show you a simple way to make some bubble hash. Do you have a drill and a whisk from a hand mixer. Need those micron bags too, and of course a bag of your best flowers. Sprinkle in the ice & water, you’re good to go.

Thanks Age - I appreciate it man :thumb:

I do kinda know of that method (watched losta vids etc.). I just can’t do that kind of physical work anymore. I know it seems like not much but my body is not normal ;) Can’t wield a drill anymore, can’t be shakin’ bags etc. I’ve researched it a lot and dry sift is the only method that seems applicable - and even then, only in smaller quanitites at a time. EVen looking at the “carding” stage of layered day sift - its something I could do for small quantities, but I couldn’t sustain that action for very long. When I trim, for example, I do 2-3 branches at a time and then rest - sometimes I can do that 2-4 times in a day, sometimes only once. That’s why I dry trim - it’s mostly becasue i need to rest after harvest :laughtwo:

Yeah - that’s about how it’s gonna have to happen, with help! That might happen one day... meantime I’ll enjoy the keif catcher in the grinder - which reminds me, it’s about time for round 2 on Saturday morning wake n bake so maybe I’ll make it some of that!
:idea: :hookah:

Yeah - that’s about how it’s gonna have to happen, with help! That might happen one day... meantime I’ll enjoy the keif catcher in the grinder - which reminds me, it’s about time for round 2 on Saturday morning wake n bake so maybe I’ll make it some of that!
:idea: :hookah:
Have you looked into a "Pollen Press"? It will press your kief into hash "pucks", but does require some strength to crank the press. Some of the more expensive ones use hydraulics.

This is some dry ice hash I pressed/formed with my fingers when my pollen press was sealed shut! :laugh:

DSCN17492.JPG

Hey Amy, I know you’re not a huge fan of Instagram, but I wonder if you’ve heard of Clark Little? He’s a surfer turned photographer and I can’t help but think of you when I see some of his work.

Just wanted to mention it before your hiatus. :surf:

:rofl: thanks d! :high-five:

And thanks Heavenly, I haven’t heard of him or seen his pics. I do follow another north shore based photographer - who I went to meet when I was there. I’ll check out clarklittle’s page too!

I’m not going anywhere... did I give the impression I was? :hmmmm: It’s just a break from growing/journaling I’m having. I’ll be around ...
:smokin:

:drool:

Yes please..

I have looks at those - definitely would want a hydraulic one ...
Coincidentally, I was just trying to find some older pics of some of my Bonsai moms and ran across this pic, which was done with the pollen press, and thought of you! ;) :

full

Excellent wrap up Amy. That WW will change with the cure, you may like it better then. I've had a few strains I didn't care for until cured. I look forward to next year's crop. :goodjob:
Well said Neiko. What a great grow, probably my favorite journal this year. I love watching your journal because it’s exciting to watch your indoor grow while some of us are outdoors and vice versa. Plus you have fantastic wildlife. :green_heart::green_heart:

I know huh?
Coincidentally, I was just trying to find some older pics of some of my Bonsai moms and ran across this pic, which was done with the pollen press, and thought of you! ;) :

full
Hey Krip is this dry ice sift?

AG with your culinary skills I would think RSO is right up your alley. Whaddya guys use as a solvent on that side of the world? Can you get your hands on Everclear or something equally violent?

Can you get your hands on Everclear or something equally violent?

Totally not, unfortunately.

This is probably the only reason I haven’t done it yet. I know I can get help to do it so that’s not an issue. I have the thought of getting a sthil so can make my own, but that another whole project and I havent quite got there, ven in my mind yet.
probably my favorite journal this year. I love watching your journal because it’s exciting to watch your indoor grow while some of us are outdoors and vice versa. Plus you have fantastic wildlife. :green_heart::green_heart:
Thanks buddy! :high-five:

I do have great wildlife. I’m liking that aspect as well, just getting ready to grow indoors while kicking back and watching all you get ready to dance with Mother Nature :slide: :hippy:

Back
Top Bottom