Hi Steph - just a quick response to say that, to my best knowledge, when decarb’ing a mixed strain you only need to run it as for THCa and the CBD will decarb along with it, I don’t pretend to understand that, it’s just the experts’ recommendation. I’ll track down a reference for that for you..

and when i repost the oil making guides, as i hope to do sometime, i will add this :thumb: :thanks:

:Namaste:

Hi Steph - just a quick response to say that, to my best knowledge, when decarb’ing a mixed strain you only need to run it as for THCa and the CBD will decarb along with it, I don’t pretend to understand that, it’s just the experts’ recommendation. I’ll track down a reference for that for you..

and when i repost the oil making guides, as i hope to do sometime, i will add this :thumb: :thanks:

:Namaste:
Thanks Amy ☀️ I'll see what can I can find as well, I'm sure there is already something out there. I make sure to follow your new guide in the future. Have a good day ✌️

Thanks Amy ☀ I'll see what can I can find as well, I'm sure there is already something out there. I make sure to follow your new guide in the future. Have a good day ✌
It seems the references i had before are now behind paywalls or missing entirely. Just a million blog posts ...

I do remember that it came up in the green flower media course that mixed strains can be decarb’d as if for THC and the CBD decarb’ will kind of ‘come along for the ride‘.

The inventor of the Ardent decarboxylator has run extensive testing and consistently found that a CBD strain Only needs differnt decarb time/temp if it has less than 1% THC. They found consistenly that Strans with more than 1%THC dont need anything different to decarb both THCa and CBDa.

I know I wrote that cbd needs the highter temp (if using your oven - in the Ardent is it done w time) and I can clarify that only applies to almost pure CBD strains w less than1%THC.

Also note what SHed posted after my guide, that he decarb’s his CBD in the oven at the lower THC temps (he used 240ºF) and has had full CBD decarb from that (he had tests done). Granted a home oven is a variable and maybe not reliable but Shed is a pretty precise kind of guy :battingeyelashes:

SO - short answer: you can decarb as if for THCa and the CBDa should be decarb’d along with it :)

It seems the references i had before are now behind paywalls or missing entirely. Just a million blog posts ...

I do remember that it came up in the green flower media course that mixed strains can be decarb’d as if for THC and the CBD decarb’ will kind of ‘come along for the ride‘.

The inventor of the Ardent decarboxylator has run extensive testing and consistently found that a CBD strain Only needs differnt decarb time/temp if it has less than 1% THC. They found consistenly that Strans with more than 1%THC dont need anything different to decarb both THCa and CBDa.

I know I wrote that cbd needs the highter temp (if using your oven - in the Ardent is it done w time) and I can clarify that only applies to almost pure CBD strains w less than1%THC.

Also note what SHed posted after my guide, that he decarb’s his CBD in the oven at the lower THC temps (he used 240ºF) and has had full CBD decarb from that (he had tests done). Granted a home oven is a variable and maybe not reliable but Shed is a pretty precise kind of guy :battingeyelashes:

SO - short answer: you can decarb as if for THCa and the CBDa should be decarb’d along with it :)
Thank you Amy, you're a Darling ❤️

Back
Top Bottom