Hmmm, been googlizing a bit ... Ima dump 'em here if ya don' mind.

Good info. I see 'destroyer' there. If I remember 'panama' has a fair bit of cbG, I think the 'Zamal' and/or 'Guatemala' as well.
I remember seeing it pop up in the analysis from ace seeds.
WoW, 16 % seems a bit unreal for CBG. It is good to see the effort put into CBG and its production.
:headbanger:

:welcome: kB! Good to see you :passitleft:

Some hemp has up to 95% CBG according to one of thise articles. I’m guessing there might be some hemp in the Seedsman line. But maybe not - Someone might have just discovered a rare super high phenotyoe

I’m growing the Panama I’ve just dropped partly because it tests consistently with up to 2% CBG,
:thumb:

:circle-of-love: I can’t hear anything, but it looks great! :laughtwo:

Sounds like a good reason to grow boutique hemp!
Indeed. I was looking the other day in fact and found that Weedseedsexpress have Charlotte’s Webb for sale. This is both interesting and curious to me. Interesting because it is one of the best quality high-terpene hemp CBD sources and it also has high CBG. Not 95%, I’m not sure what the percentage is actually, but I remember it has some.

It’s curious, and this is also a direct question to @Weedseedsexpress I suppose :ciao:, because they are breeding their own versions of all the strains they sell and Charlotte’s Webb parents are ‘unknown’ so I am curious about the process used to produce the seeds they have for sale.

Until I saw it on their site I hadn’t actually known it was available as seed. I’ve now seen it in a few places, none of them known (to me) seedbanks tho, and the cannabinoid levels listed range from “10% CBD” to “15% CBD“ to “1%-17% CBD” to weedseedsexpress who say “19% CBD” . That’s a bit random for me! :hmmmm:

The “1-17% CBD“ is particularly concerning for my current purposes. Suggests huge variability. I‘m really interested to grow it, but I need some stability. I can’t afford to grow something that I can’t be pretty sure about.

The other 2 CBD plants I have (Candida CD-1, MMG and CBD#1, Ace) are ones that’ve shown consistent levels over multiple tests, over years. That’s hard to turn away from to grow something I’m not 100% about when I can only grow one at a time.

I really wish I could tho! If I had room and could have things tested etc., and pheno hunt for a goodun’, I be on it in a flash!
:thumb:

So let me get back to that question I had there for Weedseedsexpress! “I’m curious about the process used to produce the CW seeds you have for sale“.

:Namaste:

How's things going @Amy Gardner

I'm always on the search for seeds.... kinda a hobby collecting them. Maybe hoarding is a better term. I dunno. Anyways I've seen CBD up to 20%. Hemp seeds fem too. I have been looking at growing hemp at some point here so we can make some money doing agriculture.

Its not for the faint of heart... lots of machinery needed to do it proper. There's no crop insurance so a early wet season can mess things up for the CBD part. Seeds are $5 per for FEMs and 2500 per acre.

Anyway I digress... the hemp seeds have the high CBD from what I've seen, which aint much. I'm looking for the elusive 40% thc seed! lol

The Candida CD-1 I grow (Medical Marijuana Genetics) has up to 20% CBD. It’s sensational mediciine. It’s ’marijuana’ not hemp. ACDC x Harlequin and very stable with a nutmeg, nutty, spicy terpene profile and 2 phenos; an indica leaner and a sativa leaner. The sativa leaner has the higher CBD . The indica is around 16% I think. THC is slightly higher than what classifies as hemp but never higher than 1%.

The CBD #1 from Ace is 13-17% and also very stable. It’s the result of crossing a “Cannatonic S1 of very high CBD content with the Afghan ErdPurt, also rich in CBD”. I have some supposed to be on their way to me but the shipment is either massively delayed or seized. Sent in march. Actually, I sent queries to @SeedsMan a couple of weeks ago and haven’t heard anything. Guess they’re swamped with the world deciding to grow weed in lockdown.

Anyway, I digress. I’m actually much more interested in CBD from full ‘marijuana’ than from hemp. My own experience mirrors the research that suggests it is a more complete medicine - dont know how else to describe it. It‘s just massively better that the elixinol hemp CBD oil i used to take, and that is one of the better ones.

But Charlotte’s Webb just interests me specifically because of it’s success and the claims of a more complex and potent terpene profile than most hemp. And because of the CBG content.

But 40% CBD would be pretty good returns for edibles! And the CBG content in hemp definitely has me interested now!

How's things going @Amy Gardner

I'm always on the search for seeds.... kinda a hobby collecting them. Maybe hoarding is a better term. I dunno. Anyways I've seen CBD up to 20%. Hemp seeds fem too. I have been looking at growing hemp at some point here so we can make some money doing agriculture.

Its not for the faint of heart... lots of machinery needed to do it proper. There's no crop insurance so a early wet season can mess things up for the CBD part. Seeds are $5 per for FEMs and 2500 per acre.

Anyway I digress... the hemp seeds have the high CBD from what I've seen, which aint much. I'm looking for the elusive 40% thc seed! lol

If you live in Canada, last year, Dana Larsen at Overgrow Canada was giving away 100 Freedom Dream CBD-only seeds to anyone who requested some. Felonious Punk (my husband) grows them and he and others here on 420 believe they are actually hemp seeds and not cannabis but still worthwhile CBD. There's even a Community Grow Journal for Freedom Dreams here on 420 if you end up going that route.

Sorry, I can't help you on the 40% THC thing though. The closest I've tried is Durban Poison, which Crop King says is 26%. :battingeyelashes:

Hey Bo, when you're done collecting take a retirement drive across the US and play Johnny CannaSeed. Fling those bad girls every which way at the overpasses and rural intersections!!!

That's exactly what Dana Larsen wanted people to do with the Freedom Dream seeds. He gave away 12 million seeds last year. It's pretty cool.

Highya Amy G,

I just discovered your journal (yeah, I know, I'm slow) and was fascinated by your intro! I also use the lunar calendar to suggest planting times. I like how you do other things with the lunar calendar. I also like how you use time lines to show different plants growing together. Very good perspective! I haven't read through your whole journal, but will within a couple days. Hope you don't mind that I follow along. Love your techniques! Happy Smokin'

I've been mulling it over ...

It tends to be in higher ratios in the strains I like, so that was a clue. I've grown and sampled well over 50 strains now, so I have a good picture of how the cannabinoids and terps affect me. There's a clarity in a high that includes higher CBG. I described Panama as "sensual" when I first grew it. I meant sensory, but also truly sensual. And other favorites with bright buzzes also had higher CBG.

There's an added sense of clarity, clearness, lack of fuzz. If raw CBG primarily binds to the CB2 receptor without a noted psychoactive effect, then it might be directly interacting with nerve response at the source. CB2 receptors are distributed throughout body tissues, whereas CB1 are mostly concentrated in the brain.

So maybe we could think of it as a nerve function stimulator/moderator. My senses are sharper.

:bongrip:
So...is there something that binds with both CB2 and CB1? Is that related to the differences between Sativa and Indica? Sorry if that is a dolt question!

Not that I know of but Shed makes an excellent salve from stem, root and leaf that would surely help with the bites!
Thanks. I think I’m going to have to use some pesticides, I’ve pulled THREE off of me today and I only watered the garden. Fuuuuuudge...(trying to not get in trouble there...but I think you get what I mean.. ;)). Ticks are the only insect/reptile/Anything that I find Absolutely disgusting. I’m wondering if the dog is bringing in ticks on his fur and his flea/tick meds are not killing them and they are hopping off into the house. ughhhhh. Maybe I need an exterminator. Shit. Sorry for the rant.

The Candida CD-1 I grow (Medical Marijuana Genetics) has up to 20% CBD. It’s sensational mediciine. It’s ’marijuana’ not hemp. ACDC x Harlequin and very stable with a nutmeg, nutty, spicy terpene profile and 2 phenos; an indica leaner and a sativa leaner. The sativa leaner has the higher CBD . The indica is around 16% I think. THC is slightly higher than what classifies as hemp but never higher than 1%.

The CBD #1 from Ace is 13-17% and also very stable. It’s the result of crossing a “Cannatonic S1 of very high CBD content with the Afghan ErdPurt, also rich in CBD”. I have some supposed to be on their way to me but the shipment is either massively delayed or seized. Sent in march. Actually, I sent queries to @SeedsMan a couple of weeks ago and haven’t heard anything. Guess they’re swamped with the world deciding to grow weed in lockdown.

Anyway, I digress. I’m actually much more interested in CBD from full ‘marijuana’ than from hemp. My own experience mirrors the research that suggests it is a more complete medicine - dont know how else to describe it. It‘s just massively better that the elixinol hemp CBD oil i used to take, and that is one of the better ones.

But Charlotte’s Webb just interests me specifically because of it’s success and the claims of a more complex and potent terpene profile than most hemp. And because of the CBG content.

But 40% CBD would be pretty good returns for edibles! And the CBG content in hemp definitely has me interested now!

So, I'm just putting this here because we're talking about CBD and Amy seems reasonably educated on it but I can move it to a medical marijuana forum if you prefer. Just let me know.

Recently, I recommended a 3:1 CBD:THC pain cream and a high CBD tincture to a friend who suffers from sciatica, osteoarthritis and migraines who lives in California. I found a dispensary near her place and vetted their selection and then I sent the links I found to Sue and she recommended one product line in particular that I wasn't familiar with and since Sue actually lives in the U.S. and I live north of it, I figured she would have a better idea than I would so that is what I recommended to my friend.

Anyways, apparently, the topical cut her osteo and sciatica pain by 50% so that was good but the CBD spray tincture they sent her has turned out to be hemp. They gave her no dosage suggestions so I told her to start with one spray and see if that works and it didn't so I told her to take 2 sprays tonight and hold them under her tongue for a minute or so.

But, since I don't take CBD on its own, personally, I'm not really sure if I'm giving her good info. And, what if 2 sprays don't work? Is there a point where you would say okay, I've tried it and it's not working for me?

She seriously doesn't want to take anything with THC in it but I could maybe talk her into a 3:1 tincture. She said that the spray did help with the stiffness but not the pain, which I can understand since CBD is an anti-inflammatory and THC is what is used for pain.

I suggested a tincture initially because the oils were so expensive (They wanted 30 DOLLARS for 7 capsules!!! That's nuts!) and I thought it might be more effective as I kind of thought tinctures were concentrated and therefore, stronger. :hmmmm:

Can you help oh wise one, @Amy Gardner ? :battingeyelashes:

Hi Amy! I am hopefully moving the C99s to my new grow area this weekend and I’ve got a couple of questions I thought you and any others might be able to help with? My tent is 2x4 and I’ve got two new (non-sponsored) lights - SF 1000W LEDs which are dimmable. First, are these a two lights too much in a 2x4 tent? Second, anyone mind posting a pic of their light “hanging” method in the tent? The lights came with a pulley kind of thing to be able to easier lift them up and down, but I’m curious about the actual attachment between the cables and support bars in the top of the tent. Hopefully that makes sense? Thank you! :thanks:

Hi BooWho2,

Obviously I’m not Amy but I’m hoping she won’t mind a quick jump in to get you sorted. First the pulley should be hooked nearest to the light not nearest to the tent pole.

In top pic one end with carabiner clip is mounted high up, this pulley end is nearest the fixture for easy adjustment without ladder

Most pulleys will not fit directly onto the tent poles, so you can use the cord to loop over the tent pole and connect to its own carabiner clip.

The last shows one version of metallic plumbers strap, there are other kinds of plumbing straps too but this one has many uses. Comes in a roll and you cut to desired lengths.

Back to Amy’s Garden of Eden in 3, 2, 1..... roll em

Back
Top Bottom