That is what I was expecting to happen too (shorter time to harvest), lol, it did not work out that way! The moms were original ‘from seed’ and I did do 11/13 the whole time, not just at the end. Maybe that’s a difference maker?? My first experiment with it, so I don’t have anything else to compare it to either, but its interesting. Looking forward to seeing how it works out for you.
Why I run 11/13.

I flipped to 11/13 for two weeks the first, and second time I had a plant that spent 3+ weeks under 12/12 and was filling the room rather than starting to flower. The first time she spent 6 weeks under 12/12 and yielded as much as the other 3 girls in the room. The second time she spent 3 weeks and had a normal yield. The third time it happened, I only waited 2 weeks, and I left the flower lights at 11/13.

Since going to 11/13, I never had an issue with flowering taking more than 6 days.

If it makes a difference, these were three different hybrids from three different sources under 600W HPS. One of the hybrids was a clone of a mother that had flipped under 12/12.

Ok so I’m sure I’ve read that clones can have a slightly different flowering time to ’seed’ moms so perhaps that accounts for it rather than the light period. I can’t remember if it’s said the clones will be quicker to finish or slower tho, and maybe that is strain dependent as well :hmmmm: I’m just speculating really... I don’t think the shorter light hours would have made them take longer, so I’m reaching for other explanations. :) As I do...

Clones and seeds have different veg times, different times to begin flowering and thus different finishing times, but I've never seen different times spent in flower.

The difference in veg times has to do with how long clones take to 'hook up' their roots. Large clones direct into a 1/2 gallon+ of soil seem to hook up the fastest. (I didn't experiment much with this because with too many strains in a small space I was keeping small clones in water to delay their growth for up to 2 months until the next veg spot came around.)

Seeds appear slower to veg to 12" plants than clones because a 10" clone with big leaves and zero roots will build roots rapidly, a 2" clone with multiple 4" roots will grow leaves rapidly, and a seed flips back and forth from plant to root growth. The clones end up getting larger fan leaves faster after planting, driving growth.

My educated guess is that speed from clone cutting/and seed starting to mid veg plants is:
A) 10-12" clones direct into soil
B) soaked seeds in soil
C) clones rooted in water

never seen different times spent in flower.
thanks!

Quicker to start flower under 11/13 - that‘s it! So i guess it makes a lot of sense with sativas in particular if it can stop them stretching a bit.

thanks rad :thumb:

Welcome to my humble Eden. :welcome: I’m very pleased to have the forest wizard back in the garden :D

thanks!

Quicker to start flower under 11/13 - that‘s it! So i guess it makes a lot of sense with sativas in particular if it can stop them stretching a bit.

thanks rad :thumb:

Welcome to my humble Eden. :welcome: I’m very pleased to have the forest wizard back in the garden :D

By the time I started growing sativas and sativa heavy strains, I was already had the flowering room on 11/13, so I never played with the effect on Sativas. The few strains sativs I ran were well behaved as far as stretch, and very potent as reported by those sensitive to sativas. The biggest grow difference was the 11-15 weeks in flower, and they tended to flop over a lot more at 5-6 weeks into flower than the indicas, so tying or netting was required.

I suffer from similar memory and recall issues as the wizard Radagast, so I need to drop here into Eden to relearn stuff. For example, I misplaced my notes on the preferred humidity ranges in veg and flower areas. Sure happy plants and happy soil overcome various other environmental issues, but I prefer my girls to live happy, productive lives !

Thanks for the instructions, trying to soak this up. Don’t want to chase rabbits here but a couple of thoughts come to mind.

I’ve often wondered how a plant would react when starting from seed with a funky refined gas light routine. No not the regular 12 on 5.5 off 1 on and 5.5 off gas light routine but modified to be running 2 cycles in 24 hours like 7 on 5 off then 7 on 5 off for the veg cycle but reverse the times to 5 on 7 off, 5 on 7 off for flower cycle? My thought was workout light / rest dark then rinse & repeat workout light / rest dark in 24 hours. Obviously one would need 2 identical tents to run a head to head comparison.

The other thought was pertaining to a post I read from Celt about how after the first 3 weeks in flower to set the buds, the light cycle could be then increased to beyond 12 hours and the plant would stay in flower without causing a reveg. (That is if I understood him correctly) This interested me, I don’t want to zoom up the power bill... who does? but would more light hours per day build bigger / tighter buds in flower?

Anyway not to distract from Amy’s journal but thought this was on topic & interested to hear from the pros.

example, I misplaced my notes on the preferred humidity ranges in veg and flower areas.
From the doc (it is etched in my brain!),
VEG 78º-82º 55-65%

Flower 78º-82º 45-55%

I’ve seen some folks say slightly warmer is ok. Guess it’s strain dependent how well they’ll do outside the ideal ranges. My Bubba didn’t mind the heat, for example.

Couple of interesting things to share.

First one @Graytail is a new strain announcement from @SeedsMan of a CBG high strain that claims 16.9% CBG, which is a pretty incredible test result for a cannabinoid that only occurs naturally due to a recessive gene mutation. I’ve been interested in getting some CBG into my meds for sometime. I’m growing the Panama I’ve just dropped partly because it tests consistently with up to 2% CBG, considered high by most reports, until now i guess

I’d heard tell that a few very high CBG plants/phenos had been found - out there in the world of modern cannabis breeding - but i must admit I never expected 16%! :eek:

Announcement is here - I wonder how stabilised it is :nerd-with-glasses:

The other interesting thing, is more of just a “wishing stone” for me really. I’ve been drooling over this piece of glass for about 4 months and discussions about new glass in HH’s & VG’s threads got me thinking about it again. Sometime in the next few months or so it will be my birthday. I’m putting this here as an aspirational affirmation that I will find a way to buy it for myself - or second someone else to buy it for me ;). I mean just look at it :love: and the colour... :love:

I don’t consume via combustion very often - I’ve pulled it back to just weekends and special occasions again - but when I do, I like it to be special. I definitley deserve this beautiful glass sculpture to grace my shelf - and my lips!
0DDAF99E-8CCB-4D56-AD43-73C80B1A3846.jpeg

:bongrip:

Wow! o_O 16.9% CBG! That's astounding - first I've heard of such a thing. I think I gotta have me some of that! Thanks!

And you have good taste in gear 'cause I saw that same glass and loved it. :love:

We seem to have some similar aesthetic tastes in general :), and in cannabinoids too. I thought you’d be keen to jump on it! I will definitely do so when the opportunity arises.

For those who don’t know the CBG story, in terms of the plants’ chemical processes, CBG is the precursor cannabinoid from which all the others are derived/converted along with many other components including terpenes and flavonoids. As far as my study has taught me, when CBG is detected in the harvested bud, it indicates a recessive gene mutation that inhibits the conversion from CBG to other molecules. That’s why Gray and i are so ‘gobsmacked’ at the % levels in this one. It’s quite a genetic discovery and achievement.

I have been side tracked looking at so many strains :hmmmm: :rofl:

Still haven't received the Purple Pakistani Haze I ordered and I'm buying more seeds. :straightface: Oops. :laughtwo:

But I've been good - haven't bought anything in years. Besides, Seedsman takes Bitcoin and I'm up 5 grand on it since March. Free money, eh? :slide:

I have a seedsman order from early March still not arrived also. Waiting for them to get back to me about it. Waiting on my Thai Chi and CBD#1 (Ace). :nervous-guy: Dude from RSC told me recent;y that my country is about the worst for things not getting through. I’ve been fortunate mostly.

Oh! Speaking of which I did receive my bundle from Dope Seeds this week - so thanks for that. They’re already in storage, forgot to snap a pic, but I have more of their Skunk, Blueberry and a ton of their OG Kush, all photoperiods.

I have been side tracked looking at so many strains :hmmmm: :rofl:

I know. I always get these great deals and ideas here and in emails and tell Felonious I want to buy some seeds but he says we already have too many seeds. We only have 851 seeds. I just don't know why he doesn't want anymore. :rofl:

For people to know whether they should be interested in this plant, here are the effects of the plant on the patient, which even though I'm a new grower, I still want to know about first: :battingeyelashes:

CBG (Cannabigerol):

• CBG is thought to be non-psychoactive. It is known to act as a weak agonist of the CB2 receptor and is thought to exert most of its effects via this pathway. It appears to bind weakly with the CB1 receptor too, although it is unclear what effects this interaction may produce.
  • CBG has also been shown to have affinity with the 5HT1-receptor, which regulates serotonin release and the adrenoceptor, which controls expression of adrenaline and noradrenaline throughout the nervous system.
  • Has anti-inflammatory and pain-relieving effects.
  • May relieve intraocular pressure due to glaucoma.

Back
Top Bottom